PDA

View Full Version : best shock

fastyz85
12-25-2006, 05:38 PM
hey guys im looking for the best shock for my 400ex out of these four choices.mow i know th 450r shocks are great but i want some info on these shocks instead.any help is appreciated.thanks

DareDevilQracer
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I like Ohlins

quadracer707
12-26-2006, 09:41 PM
i had ohlins on my 400ex and i loved them i also had elkas but the ohlins were the best. i'm parting out my 400ex so i have the pair for sale

elementryder
12-28-2006, 07:05 AM
CUSTOM AXIS

korniev
12-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Motowoz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

procircuit406ex
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Axis or PEP

rider250ex
12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Motowoz

04TRX400EX
12-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
these threads are nearly pointless. Because you are going to get answers from people who have rode ONE brand of those, or NONE at all, and they answer by what the like the best.

Ive owned (not just rode) all the brands listed. PEP are hands down the best shock.

Nicely put. If I were to answer I would vote Elka but that is all I have ridden so I am biased. This question is also pointless in that you haven't told us what the setup is and what you are going to do with them? Personally, I feel that different shock manufacturers specialize in different areas. For example, Elka would be a great choice for XC or dunes, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for MX. I would say Axis of Fox are going to have an edge there. Just my $.02.

fastyz85
12-28-2006, 08:46 PM
i ride mostly trails and i picked up a set of PEP valved for my weight and riding style. they are the tripple rates, no zps,just ripple rates with fox ressies.

hardbodyt
12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Just curious why didn't you put AXIS in your list? It is very true about people having there favorites. The real truth is any shock company can create a great shock. Its all based off of the info you give them. Some guys buy used shocks and just slap them on there bikes. You have a chance they will be just what your looking for, but if you can spring for the extra $$$ and start from scratch with a new set, and get them setup just for your specs you'll be much happier.

Here is what happens any way most people buy used shocks (WOW SAVED SOME $$$) Maybe or maybe not. If you pick up a set for lets say $600.00 used, and come to find they are not set up properly you have to now send them out to be revalved recharged re sprung...worst case and when your all done those shocks you thought you saved money on end up costing you $1000 not such a great saving anymore. Just something to chew on. Later

fastyz85
12-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hardbodyt
Just curious why didn't you put AXIS in your list? It is very true about people having there favorites. The real truth is any shock company can create a great shock. Its all based off of the info you give them. Some guys buy used shocks and just slap them on there bikes. You have a chance they will be just what your looking for, but if you can spring for the extra $$$ and start from scratch with a new set, and get them setup just for your specs you'll be much happier.

Here is what happens any way most people buy used shocks (WOW SAVED SOME $$$) Maybe or maybe not. If you pick up a set for lets say $600.00 used, and come to find they are not set up properly you have to now send them out to be revalved recharged re sprung...worst case and when your all done those shocks you thought you saved money on end up costing you $1000 not such a great saving anymore. Just something to chew on. Later

i didn't put axis on my ist because they are too much $$.lol and i picked up my set of PEP for 300 shipped and they are vaved for my weight and riding style.