PDA

View Full Version : sore throat from hell

ny300exrider
12-25-2006, 04:02 PM
man o man am i in pain. i had a bad sore throat since sat. night but after eating my huge xmas dinner im suffering over here. every time i swallow it is excrutiating pain and im on advils and gargaling w/ salt water with no help. definitly going to the doctors tommorow but for tonight, this is going to suck royally. just made this to let people know to have a good xmas tonight while im over here ready to die after every swallow.

what do i do to deserve this $h!t

underpowered
12-25-2006, 04:12 PM
i know what you mean. i started with a sore throat late thursday night. went to the doctonrs on friday cause i literally could not stand to swallow. turns out i have tonsilitis and it i had waited much longer my throat could have swollen shut. it sucks horrible. the doc game me some liquid pain medicine so i could eat along with anitbiotics. it sucks still cause i can't eat much and sound like a goofball when i talk now.

ny300exrider
12-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
i know what you mean. i started with a sore throat late thursday night. went to the doctonrs on friday cause i literally could not stand to swallow. turns out i have tonsilitis and it i had waited much longer my throat could have swollen shut. it sucks horrible. the doc game me some liquid pain medicine so i could eat along with anitbiotics. it sucks still cause i can't eat much and sound like a goofball when i talk now. thats exactly what i have bro. i gotta get to the doctor because im feeling my throat starting to swell. hopefully ill be ok by tommorow.

QuadJunkies
12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Might be strep, dont mess with strep it can be dangerous.

I had my tonsils out when I was 17,hurt like hell but it was a good thing ,sometimes they are a good thing, but if they need yanked, get it done.
I dont get nearly as many sore throats now .

firefighterjosh
12-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Tylenole makes this soer throat medicine in a small bottle and it is blue and think. I love the stuff.

250ex13
12-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Omg, that minty one? Thats got to be the most minty tasting thing ive ever had.. i was in tears when i had it.

QuadJunkies
12-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I about barfed when I tried it -YUK!! lol

orca0294
12-25-2006, 11:30 PM
sounds like you could have swollen glands .. I had that before and it was extremely hard to swallow anything even water.
Good luck.

ny300exrider
12-27-2006, 04:55 PM
ended up spending xmas night in the emergancy room. it started getting really bad and i was having trouble breathing. they did blood tests for mono which should be here tommorow and did strep tests. should know what it is tommorow but until then, im hopped up on antibiotics and stuck in bed. kind of hoping it isnt mono but i have a bad feeling it may be....even though i havnt kissed anyone on the lips in over a year:huh

swallowing is excrutiating, probly the worst pain i've ever felt and its impossible for me to sleep because i have to spit out my saliva every 10 seconds

firefighterjosh
12-27-2006, 07:17 PM
You might have both:( I had both about 4 years ago. it sucked big time. Then MONO just drains you after that. I felt like a zombie for about a month after I got rid of the strep. I couldn't play sports like i wanted too for that month cuz I would play indoor soccer for about 10 Mins then feel like i was going to pass out.

SRH
12-28-2006, 04:51 PM
i thought i had strept, i had exactly what your saying and the doc said no its viral pharyngitis, it will go away in 7 days , i took motrin, helped alot, and it went away no meds, had trouble swallowing and everything, even raced like th at , actually hack up a lil blood from breathing heavy....it sucked i hope i never get it again, missed 2 days of work too

400exchick
12-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
ended up spending xmas night in the emergancy room. it started getting really bad and i was having trouble breathing. they did blood tests for mono which should be here tommorow and did strep tests. should know what it is tommorow but until then, im hopped up on antibiotics and stuck in bed. kind of hoping it isnt mono but i have a bad feeling it may be....even though i havnt kissed anyone on the lips in over a year:huh

swallowing is excrutiating, probly the worst pain i've ever felt and its impossible for me to sleep because i have to spit out my saliva every 10 seconds

wow, sounds exactly like my holidays. Except I went to the hospital at 4am christmas morning. I just got a phone call today saying I have type A strep, got tests for mono and thyroid. Lump found on thyroid and got an ultrasound done on it today.

Why does everyone talk about kissing on the lips for mono?? I've never heard of that and it's not how I got it if I also have that.

JJs450r
12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
get some liquor honey and a shot glass mix up about a 1/4th put in microwave for about 7 seconds gargle for 5 swallow some and spit the rest works like a charm :) ive been doing it since i was 8 :)