PDA

View Full Version : DynoJet kit? Should I change the Pilot?

HondaSkidoo
12-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Hello, I just bought a DynoJet Kit and it does not include a new Pilot Jet. Should I replace the Pilot at the same time? From what I read I should go with a #42 Keihin? Thanks:confused:

jrm03
12-25-2006, 09:25 AM
May as well since you will have the carb out. It greatly helps cold starting. I'm running the DJ kit with the 42. While its off you may as well remove the choke if you add the 42; you won't need it anymore.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Not stealing the thread but, i pulled out the main jet on my carb the other day and I was going to rejet, but the DJ mains look 100% different and are really small compared to keihin, is this right?

jrm03
12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
DynoJets are sized differently than the Keihin. There is a conversion chart to relate the sizes between the two. If you are referring to the physical jet itself. Dynojet utilizes a main jet adapter. You simply unscrew the head of the jet and then install another jet into the adapter. Not sure which way you were going with the size question.?

HondaSkidoo
12-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by jrm03
May as well since you will have the carb out. It greatly helps cold starting. I'm running the DJ kit with the 42. While its off you may as well remove the choke if you add the 42; you won't need it anymore.

Why would I want to take the choke off? Is there an advantage to taking it off or just because I wouldn't need it anymore? Thanks

jrm03
12-25-2006, 02:25 PM
If you look in the Articles section there is a link to this mod. Other than the fact you won't need it, it adds a small increase in throttle response. At least thats what I noticed when I did mine.