PDA

View Full Version : XC pre-season training

balls2da-wall
12-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Some of you may be just now thinking of the 2007 race season while others are gearing up with training and work outs....lets see what you guys do to get ready. This is what I do.

Im pretty lazy so I always wait until January to start running twice a week and lifting 3 times a week. High reps low weight 2 days and high weight low reps for 1 day. I try to lay off the junk food and fast food, but I dont go all out and turn vegatarian or anything. As far as training with seat time I always try to get down to Little Sahara in the Spring while there is still snow on the ground here...the sand trails around the paraimeter of the dunes realy give your forearms a work out. When the snow receeds here in Iowa I try and work on things I was weak on last year. This year I will be working on starts and the first turn, logs and creek crossings, and super tight wooded sections. My high speed woods and open areas is where I shined so that should not need any work.

What do you guys do to get ready? Im sure some of you dont even worry about getting off the couch until the moning of race day:p :D

450robot
12-25-2006, 09:18 AM
i never stop training, mainly just because i love to stay in shape!

sun- upper body, shoulders, neck
mon- cardio (running/biking)
tues- back, core
wed- cardio
thurs- lower body, core again
fri- cardio to finish the week off!

always playing hockey and stuff with my buds, or going for mt. bike rides. so im always active no matter what

and of course i go riding the quad alot, when i do, i always try to focus of terrain that im unsure about, or need improvement on, that way, i can overcome the fear of riding that terrain fast during a race

watts16
12-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall

What do you guys do to get ready? Im sure some of you dont even worry about getting off the couch until the moning of race day:p :D
Thats what I do lol:blah: But I play hockey during the winter so that keeps my legs in shape for racing. Ive been swimming alot before school with the swim team.

Sjorge450R
12-25-2006, 04:47 PM
i swim about 7500 yards everyday, Monday-Saturday. I also lift for 45min every mon,wens,and friday morning from 6-6:45.

firefighterjosh
12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I eat lots of cake and pies for xmas and sit on my butt and watch foot ball lol.

Are fire station is getting rooms added on to it and one of them will be a work out room. I am going to try to run/work out program m-f, then I am going to try to get alot of seat time and ride the tight trees and rough stuff