PDA

View Full Version : '07 450er Dealer Invoice?

Fastlane50
12-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Does anybody know the "ready to sell" dealer invoice price for the '07 450er? I could go to cyclebuy.com and pay $15 to find this out, but I'd rather save the money and put it towards the actual bike, so if anybody knows this info, it would be appreciated.

ckasper18
12-25-2006, 07:42 AM
They are like 6000.00 most places i checked are 6200.00 for the er the r is a touch cheaper my dealership sells them both for the same price they have familys to feed so $200.00 mark up is fair.

CHEVYZ
12-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Depends on the area. They are about $6000 here for the ER, and it is a little more for the black and red.

DVX440
12-25-2006, 04:18 PM
$5795 for my 07 kicker from Sunrise Motorsports in Northern AR.

Fastlane50
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Thank you all for your responses thus far. However, I want to make sure everyone understands what I mean by the "Dealer Invoice" price. The "Dealer Invoice" price is the price that the dealer pays corporate honda for the bike, which arrives at the dealer unassembled in a crate. This price, that which the dealer buys the bike for, is significantly less than their asking price listed on the pricetag on the showroom floor. There is a small cost associated with putting the bike together (not nearly as big of a cost as the dealer would like you to believe) which is tacked onto the dealer invoice price. Therefore, the "dealer invoice" price plus the assembly cost gives you the "ready to sell" cost, or basically the price that the dealer would neither make or lose money on. If you know this price, this is essentially the key to getting a good deal......all you do is tack on a few hundred bucks and make an offer. Some people may read this and say to themselves "what about the shipping cost?" Shipping costs written on the pricetags on the showroom floor are a lie! To those who dont do their homework before buying....shipping is already included in the "dealer invoice" price. As someone in an earlier post wrote, the dealer does have to feed his family, and I do agree with a few hundred bucks of profit on their part, however I don't feel like being robbed either.

Rich250RRacer
12-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Fastlane50
Thank you all for your responses thus far. However, I want to make sure everyone understands what I mean by the "Dealer Invoice" price. The "Dealer Invoice" price is the price that the dealer pays corporate honda for the bike, which arrives at the dealer unassembled in a crate. This price, that which the dealer buys the bike for, is significantly less than their asking price listed on the pricetag on the showroom floor. There is a small cost associated with putting the bike together (not nearly as big of a cost as the dealer would like you to believe) which is tacked onto the dealer invoice price. Therefore, the "dealer invoice" price plus the assembly cost gives you the "ready to sell" cost, or basically the price that the dealer would neither make or lose money on. If you know this price, this is essentially the key to getting a good deal......all you do is tack on a few hundred bucks and make an offer. Some people may read this and say to themselves "what about the shipping cost?" Shipping costs written on the pricetags on the showroom floor are a lie! To those who dont do their homework before buying....shipping is already included in the "dealer invoice" price. As someone in an earlier post wrote, the dealer does have to feed his family, and I do agree with a few hundred bucks of profit on their part, however I don't feel like being robbed either.

Do you even know what "flooring costs" are? Every dealer has to pay Honda (or ANY other brand) for each bike every month it sits in their inventory. Some dealers are paying the manufacturers back in excess of $5000 dollars each month. If they have a slow month and the bikes don't move, they pay. Ask any dealer about this, they'll most likely tell you how they dread writing that check every month.

jasondc102
12-26-2006, 11:30 PM
First off knowing that may be useful if you were say going to make a statement of cash flows (baring you know what one of those is) as well as knowing the cost of energy, water and of all the pens that that particular dealership used that given month, but what i think he is looking for is the ruff amount that the dealer is paying Honda or whoever for this bike so that he can make an educated purchase. Possibly avoiding a dealership that is so full of $hit that there toiler paper bills forced them to mark up there bikes absurd amounts.

Fastlane50
12-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Do you even know what "flooring costs" are? Its actually formally called floorplanning cost and basically it’s the amount that which it costs the dealer to finance the vehicle that is sitting on the floor waiting to be sold, THAT IS, assuming that the dealer is actually financing the inventory, rather than buying it outright, which would eliminate such costs. Rich250RRacer, you are claiming that:
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer "Every dealer has to pay Honda (or ANY other brand) for each bike every month it sits in their inventory." This is only true if, and only if, the dealer is financing every piece of inventory sitting on its floor. But that simply is not the case. Dealers do buy inventory outright, and as much of it as they possibly can, rather than financing it, to avoid these financing charges.

If a dealer racks up a huge amount of these “flooring” costs, I honestly don’t feel sorry for them, because instead of pricing their inventory moderately, which would sell volume and eliminate the inventory from sitting there, more than likely in these situations, the dealer is insistent on only taking top dollar, and in essence being greedy by trying to maximize their already huge profit margin, which causes the consumers to find a better deal elsewhere, and the inventory keeps sitting there racking up your “flooring” costs.

On another note, anyone ever heard of “Dealer Holdback”? It’s another way that the dealer is making money off your purchase. It is a percentage of the invoice price of the new bike that is repaid to the dealer by the manufacturer at the end of the year, and is included within the invoiced amount. The percentage of “Dealer Holdback” varies depending on each model, however they add up quickly. How about an example? Say the dealer holdback percentage of Quad A is 5%, and the dealer invoice price of Quad A is $5000. That means that the dealer pockets $250 for each unit of Quad A that they sell. Granted, I pulled the 5% holdback figure and $5000 invoice figure from the sky, but from what I have gathered, they might not be too far off.

Regardless, the dealers are making good money and from more than one angle, therefore I find it right to try and research the facts and be informed before I make a purchase of my own.

With that all being said (my apologies for such a long post), if anyone out there knows the dealer invoice price, I'd certainly be delighted if you'd share it with me!

Rich250RRacer
12-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Fastlane50
Its actually formally called floorplanning cost and basically it’s the amount that which it costs the dealer to finance the vehicle that is sitting on the floor waiting to be sold, THAT IS, assuming that the dealer is actually financing the inventory, rather than buying it outright, which would eliminate such costs. Rich250RRacer, you are claiming that: This is only true if, and only if, the dealer is financing every piece of inventory sitting on its floor. But that simply is not the case. Dealers do buy inventory outright, and as much of it as they possibly can, rather than financing it, to avoid these financing charges.

If a dealer racks up a huge amount of these “flooring” costs, I honestly don’t feel sorry for them, because instead of pricing their inventory moderately, which would sell volume and eliminate the inventory from sitting there, more than likely in these situations, the dealer is insistent on only taking top dollar, and in essence being greedy by trying to maximize their already huge profit margin, which causes the consumers to find a better deal elsewhere, and the inventory keeps sitting there racking up your “flooring” costs.

On another note, anyone ever heard of “Dealer Holdback”? It’s another way that the dealer is making money off your purchase. It is a percentage of the invoice price of the new bike that is repaid to the dealer by the manufacturer at the end of the year, and is included within the invoiced amount. The percentage of “Dealer Holdback” varies depending on each model, however they add up quickly. How about an example? Say the dealer holdback percentage of Quad A is 5%, and the dealer invoice price of Quad A is $5000. That means that the dealer pockets $250 for each unit of Quad A that they sell. Granted, I pulled the 5% holdback figure and $5000 invoice figure from the sky, but from what I have gathered, they might not be too far off.

Regardless, the dealers are making good money and from more than one angle, therefore I find it right to try and research the facts and be informed before I make a purchase of my own.

With that all being said (my apologies for such a long post), if anyone out there knows the dealer invoice price, I'd certainly be delighted if you'd share it with me!

Not to be a smart ***, but if you know so much, why did you ask your original question in the first place. Sounds like you are a dealer and you should what the price is. As a side note, most dealerships I deal with are constantly complaining about flooring.

quad2xtreme
12-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I know this isn't exactly the info you are looking for but I paid $6,000 OTD for my 2006. I went across state line to avoid paying sales tax and didn't register my ATV with the DMV. The dealership that I bought from does not charge shipping, handling, or any assembly type fees. They do charge $25 for paperwork handling.

I don't know the inner workings of Honda dealerships but that year-end rebate check generally varies based on volume of sales for the year. As the year progresses, a dealership could potentially realize they will get a bigger percentage off for the year and thus deal more at the end of a year than the beginning.

At this point, $15 sounds like a deal to me to find out dealer invoice price. In fact, I just spent $15 helping you out. ;)

CDCHONDAS
12-27-2006, 07:55 AM
find a fair dealer, I don't know what dealers buy atvs for but I dont consider it any of the general public's business, they will sell them for all they can get and that is standard business, sell your product for all you can get, if you charge too much you will price yourself out of the market not sell any thats the sellers fault. Around here there are 2 dealerships that generally vary significantly in price and business practices, one is a little smaller to look at but move incredible volume, the other is huge but I will not deal with them. If they can't give you a fair price to start with and you dont like it then move on. Do you find out the cost of clothes at the store the haggle on price, no, and this isnt any different. There is alot of expenses in running a francise dealership that alot of people cannot imagine. I am just an independent repair shop and my expenses eat me, whether paying rent or building your company you have to make a profit. All I can tell you is markup is probably not as much as you expect. Now when they tack on setup and shipping that is crooked and would be more seen in a lower volume store.

cmb19
12-27-2006, 10:03 AM
my wife paid 6200 for "07" er at Libby's in new haven

ckasper18
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I am a dealership in wisconsin have been for 46 years we dont charge freight or setup and at $6000.00 otd the dealer is fair making less then $200.00

Just imagine your boss shorting you on your check you would be wanting to know why then he tells you that you spent 18 minutes a day in the little girls room so he docked your pay would you be ok with that loosing an hour of your pressiace pay .