PDA

View Full Version : Dealer....Read this, especially if youre by stl.

quadwanter
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Went to the dealership to see the new '07's and just stop by check things out in general. I was talking to some "big wig" there and he was asking if i wanted to buy one or w/e i told him no i already had one. He asked if i loved it and if i have started to mod it yet and i said yes to both. I told him i had the hrc kit an exhaust and thats it and then said i got a good deal from a guy on it. When i got my bike the guy still had months left on his extended warrenty, actually until next year. He pretty much cut me off and said no that warrenty is voided now since it has the hrc kit in it. I said no its not because Honda makes/backs it and honda was the one who installed it. He insisted to argue that it isnt under warrenty now and that i have no more warrenty on my bike. I just let it go w/e and pretty much left the store. Am i actually wrong and the HRC kit voids the warrenty????

This is an extremely well known honda dealership in ST. Louis, probably the biggest. Are all dealships like this? They just try to walk all over the customers without listening to them?

kbass24emtp
12-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Which dealer was it? Some have good service and some have bad service. I have had really good experiances with Dave Munganast Honda. To me it sound like you went to Bob Schultz.

quadwanter
12-24-2006, 09:39 AM
its dave...the funny thing is i was going to buy a used '06 ER from them and it had the HRC kit and a different guy told me it was still covered...and this guy who i was talking to wanted to know who the guy was so he could tell him thats not true and correct the guy.

bananas
12-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Some Dealers Are a______s... Mine told don't worry about just bring in and we will fix. I ever got the 3 year warranty.... It's worth it...

HAVOK
12-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Your dealer is wrong, I have had my HRC cam replaced under warrenty. That just shows you not to spend your money at that dealership.

Punk'd
12-24-2006, 11:21 AM
The only way the HRC kit can void the warrenty is if you install it. The reason for that is because you could have installed it wrong.

If Honda installs it it wont void it, because it was installed by a trained professional.

Thats what I was told? Correct me if im wrong.

ckasper18
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
HRC kirs are covered under warrenty sometimes all salesmen dont know everything about evrybike they are human ro.We haave been in Honda deales for 46 years and take it from me you are covered as long as it was installes at a dealership.

mx1791
12-24-2006, 01:41 PM
the dealer where i bought my quad me told me if i have a pipe, aftermarket tires that arnt stock size, different sized sprockets, a pipe, number plates/numbers, a arms, axle, anything that shows signs of racing, i void the warrenty. ohh if you dont do your first 20hr service at there dealer they void your warrenty also. its a big dealer too, they sell all makes of quads. theres a dealer that sells just hondas not to far from my house, they have the same rules about there warrenty.

quadwanter
12-24-2006, 02:11 PM
see i dont even race...well yet, but are you suposed to get these "race bikes" and not race?... i duno that whole concept is confusing me haha

sammy5x
12-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Every dealer will have a different view on warranty details. If you talk DIRECTLY to Honda, and not just some phone receptionist, having an HRC kit or many other bolt-on parts will NOT void your warranty. The 450R is advertised, billed, sold, and race contingencied(sp) and racing will NOT void your warranty. This information comes directly from the East Coast Sales Director of American Honda. If any dealer says anything to the contrary they are genuinely misinformed or they don't want the hassle of the warranty procedure, which by the way is painfully easy. I have had one frame, two swingarms, rear plastic, several motor parts inc. tranny parts, and some other stuff warrantied with minimal down time. By the way if you choose an extended warranty(and you should), be sure to go with the genuine Honda plan as some alt. plans have rediculous guide lines that are unrealistic and a waste of money. Hope this helps.

crazymgtnut
12-25-2006, 03:03 PM
I had about the same deal happen when i bougt my 2006trx450er i Got the Extaned warnty. When i bougt the Quad it had a HMF pipe on it, and jet Kit they seamed to charge me the extra $780.00 Then i get the paper work For it And it says that my extaned warranty is no good with any after market parts on it so i called them and told them i bougt it from the dealer that way. and tryed to get my money back. No Luck!

sammy5x
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
You guys are forgetting your trump card. Depending how tight you are with your dealer, don't even tell them that you race. Tell them to prove it! If you are that tight with your dealer them they should be willing to completely over look the fact. There is a ninja move for everything :chinese: