PDA

View Full Version : power

bigdaddy300ex
12-23-2006, 09:07 PM
i was riding on some trails and the fastest i was driving was about half throttle,i went to turn around and just lost all throttle responce and power.no smoke from motor or noise.drained tank,new gas ran.new plug,ran with and with out air filter and no change.cleaned carb with spray,no change.put choke on,half-way and off,no change in throttle.all cables are tight.can someone help?

vze2hnvz
12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
If you know for sure your getting a good spark, and your sure fuel delivery isn't an issue, try a compression test. Very easy test that gives very good info for the small amount of time invested doing it. Did it occur while in an aggresive turn? Do you have aftermarket bars? Check the throttle cable first. Id be willing to bet it's an electrical issue, but don't quote me....:p Check the easy stuff first.

BTW - did you take your carb off, or did you just take off the boot and spray in the intake while still attached?

bigdaddy300ex
12-25-2006, 08:03 PM
i found out that the two screws in valve float had came out and the valve wasnt lifting.lucky that the screws didnt find their way to the piston.thanks for the advice anyways.

Honda400EXryd3r
12-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah that is whathappend to my 400 lost almost all my power then i took the carb apart and there were those bolts. Liek you said thank god they didnt make it to the piston.