PDA

View Full Version : kfx80 smokes alot

jhock
12-23-2006, 08:56 PM
My daughters kfx80 2006 smokes alot from idle to wot! the restrictors are off the carb and exhaust, i still have the stock exhaust. is this normal or no? ive seen other lt80s with stock setup not smoke at all and they run great. hers runs good but i think there could be little more power out of it stock. Its been doing this since we bought it new. What can i do?

LT80
12-24-2006, 07:03 AM
The type of oil used may be part of it.
Is it fouling plugs?The plug look black?
The ones you saw may or may not be stock. Possibly they removed the oil injection and run pre-mix??
Does the rider putt around or wide open throttle?
It's prolly fine tho, Smoke means oil, could be worse I'm thinking. :D

jhock
12-24-2006, 09:09 AM
She races MX and just puts around when we ride for fun. i havent checked the plug but it runs fine. starts right up and runs good, just smokes to me more than normal. I use kawasaki 2 stroke oil for it. havent tried anything else. its the original plug. i could check that to see whats happening, anything else it could be? maybe main jet?

LT80
12-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I'd say it's just fine.
The LT/KFX's are jetted fat. Yes you could go to a 90 main jet w/o problem but jet size has nothing to do with the amount of oil burnt.
If there is a downside to it smoking, it would be that the pipe will plug up faster.it'll still take a year or 2 to effect it much.:)
Possibly a different kind of oil someday. I like synthetics.