PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Trx250 Ex

PYROMATE
12-23-2006, 07:28 PM
I am a newbie on this forum and to ATVs... but soon to have my 2007 250 EX delivered....very soon. I was wondering if any of you guys have a 2007 TRX 250 EX? What can I expect for top speed and quick acceleration? Also...I was wondering if any of you ride the two wheel drive sport quads in the snow? Here in Yellowstone it snows...everyday....the snowmobilers rule.....I am going to change that...even if I have to get chains or better yet...stud the tires. Hope i like this new machine....got it in Idaho...delivered with no sales tax for $3750.00. :devil:
Any input??

red4ever
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
52mph good acceleration good power in the low end underpowered everywhere else and terrible in the snow

PYROMATE
12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I will tungsten stud a set of used tires just for winter...then swap those out in summer. It is legal to ride sport quads on the streets here in West Yellowstone. We also have 800 miles of mountain trails right outside of town. There is NO end to the adventurous possibilities here in Montana. If nessessary...I will trick this 250 out with every concievable modification... untill it does exactly what I want it to do. Thanx for the reply....now go get that 400...

ryanh250ex
12-24-2006, 01:08 AM
acceleration is crap in stock form
lots of low end grunt
get some aftermarket rear tires, the stock ones are terrible

i'm currently running full exhaust/no airbox/rejetted carb / UNI air filter/no choke on my 250 and it pulls HARD (for a 250 of course) in 1st through 3rd. 4th and 5th it revs out, although it could be better. i'm working on it...

PM me if you need some pointers, i've had my 250 longer than most everyone on this forum, and have one of the more extensively modified 250's as well.

BlasterEaten250
12-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Maxxis 4-Snow tires are supposed to be awesome in the snow. Not that expensive either.

jrafter
12-24-2006, 05:47 PM
This might get costly but can you look into putting tracks on your 250.....then you would have the best of both worlds.

PYROMATE
12-24-2006, 10:59 PM
My 20O7 TRX 250 EX was delivered today. I have to say that this is one sweet, red machine! It started instantly at 8* above zero. I did the first test ride in the alley and found that the stock tires did really well in the fresh fluffy snow and dug in nicely. We have a dry powder snow here...can't make a snowball kind. It is fun to carve it up and blast right through the drifts. The engine idle is super smoooth...and the acceleration is much much better than I expected. Handling...well I am very pleasantly surprised. What a smooth ride and nice looking quad this is! The sport clutch is awesome and trouble free. I had quite a few heads turning this afternoon to check out the new kid in town. I couldn't resist running all around on it doing circles around the sledheads. We are legal to ride on the streets here in West Yellowstone with electric horn, mirror and lighted licence tag. Montana is one of the last few, free places in America that allows snowmobiles and quads to run on the town streets. The local sherrif pinched me for no tag and street package after about 4 hours of fun...but he let me fly without a ticket. Overall...after weeks of research, time and test driving other models.....I am satisfied that this Honda TRX 250 EX is the best 4 stroke machine in it's class. Think I will simply leave it stock.....for now. I am totally satisfied with my purchase...and the best part is...I paid it off in cash. This red rocket is now my primary town transportation. My Toyota 4Runner will be happy to be parked for the winter in a heated garage and used only for highway travel. You could say that I had a damn good Christmas...and I hope you guys did also.

JBacon
12-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by PYROMATE
My 20O7 TRX 250 EX was delivered today. I have to say that this is one sweet, red machine! It started instantly at 8* above zero. I did the first test ride in the alley and found that the stock tires did really well in the fresh fluffy snow and dug in nicely. We have a dry powder snow here...can't make a snowball kind. It is fun to carve it up and blast right through the drifts. The engine idle is super smoooth...and the acceleration is much much better than I expected. Handling...well I am very pleasantly surprised. What a smooth ride and nice looking quad this is! The sport clutch is awesome and trouble free. I had quite a few heads turning this afternoon to check out the new kid in town. I couldn't resist running all around on it doing circles around the sledheads. We are legal to ride on the streets here in West Yellowstone with electric horn, mirror and lighted licence tag. Montana is one of the last few, free places in America that allows snowmobiles and quads to run on the town streets. The local sherrif pinched me for no tag and street package after about 4 hours of fun...but he let me fly without a ticket. Overall...after weeks of research, time and test driving other models.....I am satisfied that this Honda TRX 250 EX is the best 4 stroke machine in it's class. Think I will simply leave it stock.....for now. I am totally satisfied with my purchase...and the best part is...I paid it off in cash. This red rocket is now my primary town transportation. My Toyota 4Runner will be happy to be parked for the winter in a heated garage and used only for highway travel. You could say that I had a damn good Christmas...and I hope you guys did also.

Sounds great man!

Rider-trx_250ex
01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
congrats but be careful on those streets, that is nice that you get to ride on the streets, maybe over one of my summers i will have to go to montanna or one of the other states that allow you to ride on the streets just for the hech of it:blah:

m.h.s.c.#527
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
thats awesome i am also happpy with mine an hmf pipe full system will giveSO MUCH LOWEND best in vestment on mine except elka suspension

red4ever
01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
elkas?! are those 300 shocks or do they make them for the 250

m.h.s.c.#527
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
they show it under the 250x for some reason or call and ask for john hes my rep hes cool

m.h.s.c.#527
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
they show it under the 250x for some reason or call and ask for john hes my rep hes cool