PDA

View Full Version : header

400exridin121
12-23-2006, 07:04 PM
ok i read somewhere on here that running just a stock header with no muffler wont harm the engine or anything. So i was bored and couldnt ride because Michael JOrdin an escaped convict was in the woods on the side of the feild i ride in and had an ak 57 and the cops said it was a crime scene and i was trespassin tho i had permission from the framer. any ways back to the point, i decided to try it on my little bros 2000 trx90. man was it loud, but when i drove it it sounded like there were sparks or somethin. So just to be on the safe side, before i try it on my 400ex is there any danger in doing this?

Scro
12-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Dont do it...it's just obnoxious.

400exridin121
12-23-2006, 07:40 PM
yea but this mean lady who called the cops on me knew i had permission but had been waiting to get me in trouble on it just beacuse shes like that called the cops as soon as she heard about it and got me kicked out but im aloud back tuesday so i want to be obnoxous towards her and my other neighbors could care less

northwest Texas
12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Just don't, she'll win that battle with you. She's won once already. All you're going to do is become marked by the cops, they're all going to know who the punk is.

2004exrider
12-23-2006, 08:33 PM
If you have to just make sure to rejet your carburetor, otherwise it will be running lean. Anyone that says having no back pressure will fry your rings or burn up your valves is full of it. BTW, im with these guys. I wouldnt take it off. It will more than likely pi$$ her off enough seeing you riding there all of the time, and if shes outside make sure to wave all of the time:blah:

Jimmy

Woodrowbt
12-23-2006, 08:54 PM
i bet you will she will win :)

blasterandy
12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
I wave to all my neighbors but after i got my hmf about half of them stopped waving back :D

bansheemorphine
12-24-2006, 06:12 AM
nice of you to try it out on your little brother's bike to see if it will hurt anything first haha, not sure what it will do tho it will definetly make it run lean so you'll have to rejet but i think with no back preasure it is hard on the vavlves but they run straight pipes on motorcycle's all the time so i'm not sure on the vavles

400exridin121
12-24-2006, 08:33 AM
seems like more trouble than its worth, and it wont effect the perfomance any so ill just wait till i get the yoshi

2004exrider
12-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by bansheemorphine
but i think with no back preasure it is hard on the vavlves but they run straight pipes on motorcycle's all the time so i'm not sure on the vavles

no it wont hurt them

Ruby Soho
12-24-2006, 09:33 AM
it doesnt sound that good, and it gains no power. the only thing its going to do is piss off your neighbors. leave it on