PDA

View Full Version : From zero to $1180 in one second

clutch22
12-23-2006, 11:33 AM
So yesterday i was loadin up my 250R in the back of my truck.... well i was goin alittle faster than normal,, and before i could grab my brakes, my quad hit the front of the bed and pushed it into the cab, and put a big dent in the cab... I took it to the body shop and they estimated it at $1180 :s
lol ... Anyone else had this happen to them?

Dave83
12-23-2006, 11:55 AM
That sucks.I bent the front of my bed once with a full keg of beer when I hit the brakes too hard.It didnt get into the cab though.Any damage to the R?

Kirt13
12-23-2006, 12:27 PM
My last 2 trucks have had that distinguished scar right in the middle below the glass. :D
My truck now doesn't have it yet, but I know it's coming. Mostly it's due to alcohol consumption. :huh
My 250r's tires stick out farther than my Duncan bumper, so for know I'm safe.

SuperChris
12-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Second gear exited the case early on in the day on one of the summer dune rides. I loaded it up in my Tacoma and tied it down real good(so I thought). After about 15 minutes of jumping the Taco almost as high as my buddies jump their wheelers, the straps broke, and my 250R went through my single cab's back window. Thank goodness for the high backed seats is all I have to say. Look at it this way though, theres no better excuse to teach yourself how to do body and glass work.

clutch22
12-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Dave83
That sucks.I bent the front of my bed once with a full keg of beer when I hit the brakes too hard.It didnt get into the cab though.Any damage to the R?

No... My quad is fine...

TheFontMaster
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by clutch22
No... My quad is fine...

Well then don't worry about it, haha