PDA

View Full Version : Itp T-9 Baja Rims?

81 clark racing
12-23-2006, 07:52 AM
how durable are these rims and how heavy are they? thanxs

WhiteYFZ
12-23-2006, 08:30 AM
i had them all around on my bike. then got rid of the rears and then got rid of the fronts.... i got rid of the rears so i can get beadlocks and got rid of the fronts cuz they bent... i wouldnt suggest them.. get hipers/douglas/burgard

81 clark racing
12-23-2006, 08:54 AM
o ok thanxs

Honda#4
12-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I have them on my bike and there holding up very well, I think they are very durable but I really don't ride in real rocky terrain so I don't know about that. There not the easiest thing to clean with the rings and stuff. If I were to buy another set of wheels it's gonna be Hipers all the way. Actually i've been thinking of buying Hipers for my project that I want to do.

Bigun55
12-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Well i just sold a set off my 400ex and all did was trail ride on them. Just normal trails Rocky Muddy ect. And they help up good. I dont know how they would hold up for racing but for trail riding mine help up good.

balls2da-wall
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
in the long run if you do any serious trail riding or ANY racing Hipers would be the way to go....you would end up saving yourself a boat load on bent rims and beadlocks seem to be the norm. in most all racing.

JW450R1
12-24-2006, 04:36 AM
i have reinforcement rings that are weilded in the front,on the inside and out.then bead locks in the rear.i have had these rims for years weilded on the inside and out,and i can't kill them.

Sjorge450R
12-24-2006, 07:02 AM
definently buy them. I raced in D-6 with them and had NO problems. They take rocks good too, just ask anyone who races D-6 XC. I had douglus .190 before and they just sucked. These wheels are really nice and are able to take some punishment. Here is what they look like after a year of racing in mud and rocks everytime with a little help from some Steel wool.

Sjorge450R
12-24-2006, 07:03 AM
heres a better pic. I would recommend these or hipers. I know that once I finally do destroy one of these wheels, I will get hipers.

JW450R1
12-24-2006, 09:32 AM
my freind wants hipers,and is starting to ask me about them.i really don't no much about them.can some one fill me in on hipers.
are there o-rings to seal the halfs together.how strong r they compareing to a 190 red,with reinforcements weilded to the inside and outsides?.has any one ever broke them?.

Sjorge450R
12-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
my freind wants hipers,and is starting to ask me about them.i really don't no much about them.can some one fill me in on hipers.
are there o-rings to seal the halfs together.how strong r they compareing to a 190 red,with reinforcements weilded to the inside and outsides?.has any one ever broke them?.

hipers are a carbon fiber wheel. They are pretty much industructable. the CF allows the wheel to flex instead of bending/breaking. they can take alot of abuse. And if something does happen to break, most of the time Hiper stands behind it. They are worth the money if you are a racer, but if not, I would just get the bajas.

oldskoolex400
12-24-2006, 11:03 AM
they are good had them all around on my 400

Joe400ex
12-25-2006, 11:46 PM

DEVINF450R
12-26-2006, 07:18 PM
I have raced mx on my c-series wheels for almost a full year, indoor and outdoor, rode aggresive trail riding, hit trees, no problems. Yet I broke a hiper front single beadlock when I overshot a landing for a tripple (which I have also done on the c-series)...:confused: :confused:

crash n burn
12-27-2006, 08:06 AM
My brother has the bajas on his KFX, and they have held up great. We race XC and each smashed stock rims so the bajas are tough and by the way they look pretty sweet with razor2s also. Though they work good I would go with a bead lock of some sort (personally the hipers) but if you dont want to spend that much bajas work good.