PDA

View Full Version : winter 440ex build

j450rking
12-22-2006, 10:01 PM
i am starting my winter project and have some thoughts on what i should do for the engine aspect of it and wanted to know what you guys think. here it is

440 big bore kit

stage 2 hot cam

yosh rs3 full exhuast

um air box

um air scoops

and maybe a port and polish

12-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Sounds cool, Dont forget a rev box and some heavy duty head studs...i payed for that one. You also may want to have some Kibblewhite valves installed, and deff have it ported out!...What compression level are you going with? I did mine at a 12:5:1 and it loves VP C-12....8.50 a gallon!!!!!!!...lol, if you build it with low compression(10:1) then you can run 93 in it. I would also get an after market oil tank so it can hold a little more oil, and dont worry about the air box or scoops...it will look very goofy if you have the front fenders trimmed. Also, if noise isnt a concern then buy a Sparks X-6 ful system, you will love it!!!!!!!

Good luck, and BTW...do you or anyone else know if the rear shock from a 450r will fit on a 400ex?...an 02' 400ex...:confused:

j450rking
12-23-2006, 09:12 PM
i don't know if it will i think so but i have herd from alot of people that the 400ex rear shock is just as good as the 450rs

northwest Texas
12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Regarding the rear shocks........Several months ago I was thinking of upgrading to a 450R. I have a TCS rear on my EX and a visited with them to see if I could swap it. They told me I could but it would cost me about as much as a new one. I didn't ask for details, that told me all I needed to know. So I guess to answer your question, it's probably not just a swap and bolt right in type of deal.

bansheemorphine
12-24-2006, 06:20 AM
i use a 450 swingarm and linkage on my ex with the stock ex shock so it should work but i think the shocks are the same thing pretty much not much of an upgrade