PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when dissappointed

250Renvy
12-22-2006, 07:39 PM
This week I got some packages from stuff I bought on ebay and on this forum and was dissappointed in everything.

Most of the items clearly weren't in the same condition they looked like in the pictures but I didn't overpay but they weren't steals either.

What would you do? Just suck it up to people cheating photos and being slightly dishonest or let me know???

Returning would defeat the purpose because of fees and shipping not being returned and the additional cost of reshipping.

JOEX
12-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
This week I got some packages from stuff I bought on ebay and on this forum and was dissappointed in everything.

Most of the items clearly weren't in the same condition they looked like in the pictures but I didn't overpay but they weren't steals either.

What would you do? Just suck it up to people cheating photos and being slightly dishonest or let me know???

Returning would defeat the purpose because of fees and shipping not being returned and the additional cost of reshipping.
Chalk it up as experience.

I've bought many items used in attempt to get a 'good deal' and have been dissapointed frequently. Mostly from buying with rose colored glasses, expecting more than I should. Other times from less than open and honest sellers, the more questions you ask the better.

Some advice i've heard years ago but have had a hard time following myself...... buy for the quality not for the deal and you wont be dissapointed. It may not apply for everything but most of the time it will.

ATC250rChick
12-23-2006, 11:58 AM
If the stuff is usable, you can always relist it on Ebay, but list it honestly. This way you may get "some" of your money back.

If the Ebay item was a total loss, you can file a complaint. If you go to leave negative feedback, you have 90 days to do so. Write down the item number, because it will only stay in "My Ebay" for 60 days. Then, wait 89 or so days, and then leave it. I got screwed on Ebay and left them a neg. so they leave me one:mad:
I bought a set of Banshee headlight buckets that were described as "mint". The pic showed one bucket with the other one setting behind it. I got the box, opened it, and the other bucket was bashed all to hell!! Hope this helps ya out.

N300exJ
12-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Buying used item on ebay is always tricky. One of the rules i follow by is that a seller has to have a positive rating of 99% or higher. Also that they have to have been on there for a while and sold alot of items. That way you will usually never be let down. Other good points is that try to find performance shops or other places that specialize in parting out bikes or quads. Dont buy from some joe schmoe that you know nothing about. I have found many great places that i continue to buy from and have always recieved great quality used parts. These points apply to new items as well. your better off buying from companys and not individual people. Especially if your not to sure or comfortable about buying things online or ebay....