PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my swingarm bolt out

joeb23
12-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have any tips to get my swingarm bolt out??? I can get the nut off, the other end is rounded. I even put the nut back on the threads and beat it with a sledge hammer, it didnt budge.

derekhonda
12-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Spray it down in silicon spray, pb blaster, wd40 whatever...let it sit for a while. Then try hitting it again with a hammer. If no luck, put a socket on the other side, and get a big piece of pvc pipe to fit over the ratchet as a breaker bar. Once you break it free, it will tap out.

joeb23
12-22-2006, 07:46 PM
The other side of the bolt is rounded....I cant put anything on it. If I were to cut it what should I use and were should I cut it???

skott1576
12-23-2006, 12:01 PM
is the bolt frozen or is it just the collar between the case and the swinger??

cuz if its just the collar i sprayed the hell out of mine with penatrating oil and let it soak then heated it up with a propane torch use a punch and the bolt slid right out

BigValvedEX
12-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Heat the sleeve on the right side of the motor between the swingarm, be sure to take out the little square rubber plugs on your swingarm, if not you will melt them.

deathman53
12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I had a swingarm seized in a atc250r, it was a pain to get out. I took a bal joint tool and spread the fame/swinger just alittle to get a hack saw in there, cut the bolt, did the same to other side. I had the swinger out, bolt was rusted stuck in the collars to the rear motor mount, heat, oil, impact hammer, it finally came out after about 2 hours. The old bearings were fun to get out also. I would have cut the swinger, but this swinger was perfect. I had to the cut one, but this swinger was cracked. 400ex and 85-89 250r's are known to get the swinger bolt stuck. I take out every 6 months, anit-seize and put it back in. At the same time I use a die and clean the threads of the bolt.