PDA

View Full Version : Fcr ?

oynot400
10-19-2001, 08:26 AM
I got my FCR the other day so I started putting it on last night. I had to modify the bracket for the throttle cable, no big deal. But it came with this red flared bowl that is suppose to go between the air box tube and the carb. Does this sound right? It doesn't even come close to fitting. So I started it up to hear it run, and the header pipe turned cherry red in less than a minute! It has to be running lean, so what size jets do I put in it? The guy from K&K told me to put the largest jets from a 250r in it. Is this correct? or should I do something different. I heard that there is a 400ex kit for this carb, what does it all include?
Any help on this will be greatly helpful. :)

oynot400
10-19-2001, 10:33 AM
Well I did some checking and K&K sent me the wrong carb. I talk with a guy this morning and the fuel metering is all wrong and would cost over $200 to fix. Now K&K says that they will not take it back. :( The guy that does returns is suppose to call me back on Monday to work out something. But in the mean time I ordered the right one from K&B Motorsports. I just hope that I didn't burn anything up I am going to take the head off tonight and inspect the piston and valves. I pray that it is all ok.

EX 80
10-22-2001, 08:24 PM
did it say FCR 39 on your carb?

oynot400
10-23-2001, 06:02 AM
Yes I believe it does.