PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro-peg issues

EDDYL250R
12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I just got a new set of pro-pegs and they are anything but mounting up right. These are the new style that has the replacment stainless steel footpegs. First I had to trim the bottom corners on both steel foot pads so that they would mount onto the nerfs, as both corners were hitting the nerf tubing and not allowing the steel pads to mount onto the nerfs. Then when I tried to put the whole thing together the nerfs would not line up at the front (where it goes through the frame). Looks like I am going to have to bend the crap out of the nerfs to get it just to line up (the angles are all wrong). Its a good thing that I decided to do a mock up to make sure everything fits before I painted my frame (stock 88), as OEM red paint is scraping off everywhere ?
The package said these nerfs were for a 88-89 trx250r, and they seem close, but they are just not close enought.
:ermm:

Question.....is this normal for AC stuff not to fit right, or am Im just lucky and get the odd ball set?

EddyL

matt250r21
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I have had to bend the hell out of some AC stuff to get it to fit. Some of the other AC parts I have fit great. I guess it depends on what mood the guy was in who did the welding.

moneypit
12-22-2006, 05:40 PM
i had the same problem with my nerfs, had the trim the ss too, and the support on the front wasnt lining up with the hole then when i bent it the weld broke...

EDDYL250R
12-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, after going to the AC webpage It appears that they sent me a 450R nerf set after all (but with 250R peg mounts-go figure). The only good thing is I only paid $165 for a $280 set.

After looking at the nerfs sitting on the frame. The only thing that doesn't make these nerfs work on the 250r is that the nerf tubing that slides into the footpeg mounts are about 1.25" too wide on both sides. The front mounts line up to the engine mount perfectly, but just sit out by 1.25" from the frame. This makes sence as the foot pegs sit about 2" out. I guess the 450r's frame is about 2.5" narrower then the 250r. (can anyone confirm this). If I trim the nerf tubing at the footpegs by the 1.25" on each side the nerfs should come together without further issues.

I would really like to make these nerfs work....they are MUCH better then the older style pro-pegs as the foot pads are replaceable and the netting is much sturdier (with 4 attachments on each side as opposed to 2 on the older units)

Has anyone tried this the modification I suggest?

Thanks

EddyL.