PDA

View Full Version : elka, works or 450r????

matthoyda
12-22-2006, 01:36 PM
I have an 03 z400 and have been looking around for awhile and im still unsure of what to get? do the remote resivores help out alot? Would i be better off getting stock 450r shocks with them or going with the elka tripple rates? also what about works tripple rate....i need some serious opinions because im in the dark on this issue......thanks guys

JW450R1
12-24-2006, 04:33 AM
what type of riding do u do first.

northwest Texas
12-24-2006, 07:08 AM
For general trail riding, you don't really need all the extra's. Most guys don't really know how to exactly dial their shocks in from track to track anyway and I'd include myself in that. The reservoirs will give you some compression and/or rebound adjustment options but that goes back to the sentence prior.

I haven't had to make any adjustments on mine up front since I got them. Either from trail riding to riding some minor MX.

Sure the reservoirs would be nice but one of the main things they help with is keeping the oil cooler which is a necessity if you're racing lots of MX. They'd also help extend the life expectancy of the oil too between changes.

You can buy them without and add reservoirs later if you decide you absolutely need them.