PDA

View Full Version : ski conversion

jesshamner
09-18-2002, 11:31 PM
I remember seeing an article or something in dirtwheels about conversions that can be bought for atv's that replace the front wheels with skis. Does anyone know anything about that or know where I can find more info on it?:huh

Zingnut
09-19-2002, 07:53 AM
Sno Trax (http://www.snotraxx.com/)

Zingnut
09-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Matt tracks (http://www.mattracks.com/html/atv.htm)

This is just the track conversion for 4x4's.

RytM1
09-21-2002, 04:56 PM
There was someone on here who posted a pic of a front end mod on his 400 last winter. Took the front wheels off and put snowmobile skis on the front, and left the back end alone. I don't remember who it was, and I can't find the pic I saved. It was a yellow 400 if I recall correctly. Maybe this will jog someones memory.

stupid driver
09-21-2002, 07:10 PM
that pic of the ds650 in dw was f'in sweet. id love to do that to my ex

eldoexrider01
09-22-2002, 07:42 PM
i belive it was march of 2001 in dirtwheels cuz it also had the 400ex pipe shoot out in it

RideRed04
09-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by RytM1
There was someone on here who posted a pic of a front end mod on his 400 last winter. Took the front wheels off and put snowmobile skis on the front, and left the back end alone. I don't remember who it was, and I can't find the pic I saved. It was a yellow 400 if I recall correctly. Maybe this will jog someones memory.

But you would still need a way to keep the ski's from rotating when you left the ground. Oh, I know, zip tie on the front brake! lol.

10-13-2002, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know if you can just put regular snowmobile skis on with a lil bit of modifications? Any pics would be great
killer

433rd
10-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Darn, just the fronts?

I've been wanting a set for the rears too!!!:huh :huh

lol

fast400ex#61
10-13-2002, 08:58 PM
hey i used a old set of snowmobile ski's bent some flat steel and drilled a 4/144 bolt pattern in it and bolted it on. Yes if u are going to jump it u need to hold the front brake or u will wipe out your nerf bars and front fenders. sorry no digital pics. I also run 22 inch paddles in the back and she does fly. Good luck with the project and stay warm:)

10-13-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by fast400ex#61
hey i used a old set of snowmobile ski's bent some flat steel and drilled a 4/144 bolt pattern in it and bolted it on. Yes if u are going to jump it u need to hold the front brake or u will wipe out your nerf bars and front fenders. sorry no digital pics. I also run 22 inch paddles in the back and she does fly. Good luck with the project and stay warm:)

Holy crap any way you could get some pics. A close up of the front wheels especially sounds good but would like to see exactly how u did it. Also how does it handle?
killer

Punk13rym
10-15-2002, 06:16 PM
yeah that does sound pretty interesting i wanna see:D

10-15-2002, 08:21 PM
well im gonna do it ill get pics of the process. My dad works at a metal manufacturing buisness so i have almost all kinda of metal taht i can use
my dad said the i should use 1/8 stainless steal taht he will cut on the laser cuting machine and he will also cut the mounting holes with the laser. Then put a 90 degree bend in the metal were i will either have him weld it to the ski or use carrage bolts and bolt from the bottom up to attatch the skis to the mounting bracket. My friend is giving me the skis so the project should be started within the next couple of days. Cant realy start desighning beofre i get teh skis and am waiting on my friends dad to go and find them. Ill take lots of pics then load them up for you guys to see
Killer
Ohh yea my tires came intoday talk about turnaround time i ordered them early monday morning got the huge box tuesday afternoon. They look mean dont think i will be stoped by mutch :D cant wati to get those bad boys mounted up and go mudding lol