PDA

View Full Version : Oil Removal

Scottt89
12-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I was doing a test ride after putting some parts back on the R, when I realized that I forgot the Oring for the exhaust header. So now I have oil spots on my nice new pipe. I've tried Gum Cutter, PJ1 all purpose spray, Goo Gone and I can't seem to get the oil spots out. Any suggestions!

JxxxOxxxE
12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
brake cleaner?

Dave83
12-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Get some really fine steel wool and a bottle of simple green.The simple green is the best cleaner Ive found for both the bike and my gear(boots,helmet).soak your pipe down with the soap and LIGHTLY buff the stains with the wool.This will also work to remove the crap that melts off your boots on to the pipe.

Scottt89
12-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm kinda hesitant about the steel wool since it is a Chrome LRD pipe. I really don't want to risk scratching the chrome all up. But i'll have to give it a shot.

Scott-300ex
12-23-2006, 05:35 PM
If you use steel wool you won't need any water or cleaner, the steel wool will work better dry.

Afta, that ***** will take the meat off your bones, my dad, me, and our friends use it and Never found anything it can't get off.

Also soak it with soap/afta/cleaner and let it sit so it works in there and it will come up easy after it soaks into all the pours and stuff.

Good luck.

Dave83
12-23-2006, 06:44 PM
I use the steel wool on my chrome Sparks all the time.Just be gentle.Get a good chrome polish and a soft cloth afterwards.