PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake

protegespecter
12-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I went riding a couple days ago and me and this older guy with a predator were ridin around the track, so we both get off the track and start to b.s. and I asked the guy what he had on his bike he started namin stuff off and then he said "A cold air intake off an acura integra" He showed me and sure enuff thats what it was or at least was at one time. I found a thread in the predator forum http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215752&highlight=cold+intake

Is this possible on the 450r's and if so what would the pros to this mod be?
Thanks

GIXXER1KR
12-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Looks like a waste of time to me.Cant see it being much better than an open airbox with a k&n!!!

protegespecter
12-22-2006, 11:35 PM
thats what I was thinkin but they were sayin a longer intake tube gives better bottom end and a shorter gives better topend it looks kinda cool, but looks aren't what makes u go fast

eganracing
12-23-2006, 12:34 AM
looks pretty kool to me. i would never buy one but it looks kool.

TWILES
12-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't know what the stock air boots look like but that is a direct shot to the carb. I don't see why the Honda whould need it or even benefit.

GIXXER1KR
12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Exactly,Honda knew what they were doing with 450!!!But it will provide tunability for top and bottom end but more hassle than its worth.

DirtDevilBT
12-25-2006, 11:53 PM
That intake is a huge improvement for the predator. If you have seen the intake for these quads you would understand how big of a deal it would be to use one of these. The stock pred intake is a POS restrictive unit.

The honda wont see much, if any improvement with this mod. However, a longer intake that is straighter and smoother can help many quads. This just means the incoming air will flow through the carb smoother and more constant, meaning your carb will work more efficiently to keep up with engine demands. EX: better throttle response

The YFZ could use something like this, my old warrior could too, but the honda (400/450)... not so much. IMO