PDA

View Full Version : Plug problem..HELP!!

StupidHurts
12-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I have many posts up here about my 250r and i stil cant figure out what is wrong with it?? but now It wont stop fouling plugs.....i put 5 plugs in it and it fouled everysingle one....most of them were used but 2 of them were new and there was no difference between them.....anybody have any ideas??

Kirt13
12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by StupidHurts
I have many posts up here about my 250r and i stil cant figure out what is wrong with it?? but now It wont stop fouling plugs.....i put 5 plugs in it and it fouled everysingle one....most of them were used but 2 of them were new and there was no difference between them.....anybody have any ideas??
You need to let some one look at it that knowswhat they are doing. It's hard to trouble shoot just by reading the forums. Do you have any shops around your area??

86 Quad R
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
have ya made sure that the float needle is infact shuting the fuek off when the bowl fills? have you done a WOT plug chop on it sinc e the carb was looked into? what pilot is in there? have you done a leakdown test on it since you've purchased it to make sure that the clutch side crank seal isnt leaking?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
How hard is it to kick when trying to crank the engine.
If the compression is low, the engine cant burn the fuel running through it.
About the only way you can foul a plug is from it getting to much fuel or its sucking oil from the transmission. Could be weak ignition spark.
What number plug you useing B9ES,,B8ES
Neil

StupidHurts
12-22-2006, 12:38 PM
The compression is good and the floats are shutting the gas off.....The main jet is a 158(stock is 150) and the slow jet is a 48..... its has a v force system and the reeds are on the lowest tension.... But i have a leak on the oil check screw on the clutch side....I was thinking that could be it but then it would be getting air in the engine and burning the piston.... iv tried both b9es and b8es.....The spark is good...it has done this before but then it jsut stopped...i dont get it.... Any more ideas would help...thanks

86 Quad R
12-22-2006, 11:13 PM
if the compression is good and the float/needle is working properly and the spark is good then i suggest that you do a leak down test and gradually drop the pilot jetting a bit and perform a WOT plug chop.

ps: i have had cases where the orfic where the needle slides through, be worn out. when this happens you'll never be able to get any circuits of the carb tuned correctly. got another carb to try?

StupidHurts
12-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Ok i can try that....I dont have another carb but i might get one cuz this is b/s and ihate not being able to ride.....

machwon
12-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Close the plug gap to .020 and give it a try. Does the quad have a pipe? A leak on the oil check screw won't tell you anything about the engine gaskets/seals. I have a leak down tester if you're interested in one.

StupidHurts
12-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Ok i got her running...thanks

Dave83
12-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by StupidHurts
Ok i got her running...thanks
what did you find?

StupidHurts
12-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Nothing.....Like i said it jsut does what it wants.....i put another new plug in and it fired right up and ran......i still have my other problme of no bottem end power tho...=[