PDA

View Full Version : HAHA took huevos 9 to school today and teachers think its not real haha

Ripitupfilms
12-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I took huevos 9 into my 2 com tech classes and the teachers tryed to say the jumps they were doing were edited and fake haha.. funniest thing ever. the real world just doesnt understand our sport.

:)

Ghost-Rider
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Pfft, stupid noobs ........ lol ;)

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Funny stuff. FAKE HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA its not wrestling

12-21-2006, 10:36 AM
No one noes nothing about quads. They all think their stock formen quads are the fastest things out their. They look at race quads and stock utility quads the same and see no differants. Its anoying.

400exrules
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
i hate when you tell people you race quads, and they think of you racing 4x4's through the mud.....

Ripitupfilms
12-21-2006, 02:18 PM
haha yes exactly they think atv racing is me goin up and down a feild racing my dad or something..

I got written up for argue that the first part of huevos 9 is real.. teachers are ghay

fastyz85
12-21-2006, 04:32 PM
i also hate it when girls say that shopping is better than riding a quad. if you've never rode one don't say that.i've been shopping and honestly don't know how girls like it,they just say they look to fat in all the clothes anyway for 15 hours.lol

fastyz85
12-21-2006, 04:35 PM
or the classic jock that thinks he's tougher than any quader. I would like to see them do the stuff the akraix guys do and say that falling from 30+ feet up doesn't hurt.

Rider-trx_250ex
12-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by fastyz85
or the classic jock that thinks he's tougher than any quader. I would like to see them do the stuff the akraix guys do and say that falling from 30+ feet up doesn't hurt.

Classic Jock- "Ya, I did that once.............................broke both my legs......................................then walked home and lead our team in rushing." lol

tp300ex
12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
we realy dont have jocks at our schiik:confused: but if one did tell me that i would let him hope on mine and try to work the clutch:eek2:

Eddiesanders250
12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
not real hahah yea i would of argued too

YFZ450Ridr
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
i also hate it when girls say that shopping is better than riding a quad. if you've never rode one don't say that.i've been shopping and honestly don't know how girls like it,they just say they look to fat in all the clothes anyway for 15 hours.lol

well shopping can be good, shopping for new tools is always fun. next time you go shopping with a girl, make your way to a hardware store and ask her which drill looks better in your hand:p

rooster300ex
12-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Most of the time when I wanna talk about quads around people I just don't even say anything, because to somebody that doesn't ride could care less what you have to say about our sport. There are plenty of us out there though.

CHEVYZ
12-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
I took huevos 9 into my 2 com tech classes and the teachers tryed to say the jumps they were doing were edited and fake haha.. funniest thing ever. the real world just doesnt understand our sport.

:) LMAO.....sounds like you teacher is stuck on stupid.

firefighterjosh
12-22-2006, 06:23 AM

Thats why I love the girl I am with. She loves to ride

awsomeaussies
12-22-2006, 09:21 AM

I'd go riding over shopping anyday of the week. Hell... I'd rather go to the hardware store over the mall too:blah:

Conman007
12-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Most of the time when I wanna talk about quads around people I just don't even say anything, because to somebody that doesn't ride could care less what you have to say about our sport. There are plenty of us out there though.

So true, but its kinda like if they start talking about shopping then i dont really care either

fastyz85
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

same wit me i feel like a real dumbarse when i get into a convo with three other people that don't ride and don't get the point, but if im talkin to another rider then i don't care. and for all the ladies that say riding is better than shopping, i salute to you.

suzukigirl
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM

i hate it when guys think that all girls like to shop...i'd much rather ride than go to the mall...infact i hate clothes shopping with a passion...not all girls like to shop:grr: ....however for tools, buying stuff for your quad, or getting new gear is different

MX MaNiAc 06
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
i hate it when guys think that all girls like to shop...i'd much rather ride than go to the mall...infact i hate clothes shopping with a passion...not all girls like to shop:grr: ....however for tools, buying stuff for your quad, or getting new gear is different

Good point. I always enjoy shopping for new gear. :cool:

Ruby Soho
12-23-2006, 08:06 AM
i agree with what some people said above.

when your talking to people who dont ride, or like quads its pretty pointless unless they're interested in it. which 90% of the time they are not

Scott-300ex
12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
They said it was fake cuz they're "Video Editors" and they "Know wut they're talking about.":rolleyes:

And don't even get me started on the guys that think they know wut they're saying. Raptors go 135mph stock and this kid has a blaster with 4 inch smaller tires and a pipe and it does 75. Stock blaster is 59 and take 2 inch smaller tires that makes it like 50.

Kids sayin they're the best rider when you have proof they are slow as hell!

This kid last night said he had a 500ex. Haha. He must think he's bad@ss, especially since there isn't one, but he can say wutever he wants.

I could go on, I usually just smile, laugh and turn my head but then sometimes I just gotta tell them that they're a F**king idiot.

exrider008
12-23-2006, 06:24 PM
just last night i got in a fight with my mom because in Quad mag there was a pic of a guy getting HUGE air (one of those 5th gear pind jumps) and she said that it was fake and that there was no way somone could do that.

deathman53
12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I regularly do 4th gear pinned jumps on my atc250r, does she want some pics of that??? If had the space I could do 5th gear pinned jumps.

hartnett18
12-24-2006, 06:20 AM
ive been talkin to this chick at my school and she is varsity cheerleader, shop every day, popular type of girl and when i say somthin about racing she just laughs and it pisses me off. people have no clue what is inside the world of racing but they assume its easy, or just stupid.

fastyz85
12-24-2006, 07:03 AM

suzukigirl im sorry i did not mean all girls i was just thinking of one in particular because i brought my dirtwheels mag on the bus and she tried to tell me that riding quads is pointless all you do is push a throttle and turn. I just shut my mouth before I got kicked off the bus.

firefighterjosh
12-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I hate it when I get in a convo with some ppl about quads and They say my banshee goes 120MPH, my raptor just hit 90 The other day. Then I say. I bet yours dosen't go over 70.. Then since none of them know anything they all gang up on you and try to make you feel stupid.

12-24-2006, 09:42 AM
yup a kid tried to tell me his friends raptor did 120, im like no it didnt, and hes like well it did 100 for sure im like nope...and then hes like well i did 90 MPH im like no, it really didnt and hes like ok well it did 80...lol

Scott-300ex
12-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Hell deathman53, you and me can do 6th gear pinned Rippin with the 250r's! :D

And man to me racing is cool. Its so bad@ss, I remember when I raced my kx60, I thought I was so cool, LoL. And watchin the quads line up all 250r's I'm like, man they are even cooler than me. Now I have a 250r and I'm racin next year so uh.....yay.

Yeh kids around here that ride bicycles say dirt bikes is so easy, you don't have to do anything just sit and move your hand. I'm like, yeh, ok, you'll be worn out in 20 minutes plus you don't know how to use a clutch or RIDE. But wutever.:huh

QuadRider55
12-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
not real hahah yea i would of argued too

deathman53
12-24-2006, 12:00 PM
hey, scott 300ex, I am going to in Ohio next year racing with other trikes, I think I'm gonna bring my atc200x also. Both are very modded for mx and the atc250r is gonna get a new frame(yes, brand new, custom frame), no-link swinger and shock, inverted forks, Nerf bars, and who knows what else. It won't be something that is easily missed.

suzukigirl
12-24-2006, 01:42 PM
suzukigirl im sorry i did not mean all girls i was just thinking of one in particular because i brought my dirtwheels mag on the bus and she tried to tell me that riding quads is pointless all you do is push a throttle and turn. I just shut my mouth before I got kicked off the bus.

ya i know...the girls i know are only interested in the guys on the quad and know nothing about them so they think they are stupid....and the guys that don't know about quads pretend that they do and usually say stupid stuff about them thinking they sound really smart...its actually kind of funny :p

MX MaNiAc 06
12-24-2006, 02:31 PM
One thing that really pisses me off is when people say u dont need to be in shape to ride a quad. A kid at school that plays football said "all u do is sit there and ride around."

Im sure i exercise my body just as much, if not more than if i was playing football.

deathman53
12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
he has obviously never ridden any motor vehicle except a car. Dirtbike, quad, and especailly trike you don't sit in one place. I move all over the place on my trikes, all the way on one side, then the other, lean forward, lean back, stand up through whoops and rough sections. Same goes for my quads, not to as great of a extent, and same for the dirtbikes. Even my mountain bikes I have contoured myself to every body postion to tackle different terrain!!!! He sounds like a stupid jock who will ride their friends quad, think its a car, get hurt and then sue and be bad mouthing atv's all the way to the consumer products stupidity commision.

Scott-300ex
12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Ha, you should convert it to a quad and they'll be like, "Cool wut year 250r is that?" Your like 1985, if they're stupid they'll be like "Cool, my buddy has one same year." Then the ones that know wuts goin on will be like, "THEY STARTED IN 86:huh "

Yeh, zukgirl, so your like, oh man he has no case saver, and the other chicks is like, is that a body part?

Yeh no energy, yeh, race a 2 hour xc. I'm tellin you, it was hard to finish, cuz the terrain was rough and tough, and you had to do everything to not flip, I was gettin worn out in 15 minutes, it was HARD on the body but I made it. That football player wouldn't make it 5 minutes, football is run for 10 seconds, relax while next gets play gets set up like 2 minutes. Oh yeh, thats tough:rolleyes: especially since we have all played football in P.E. or for gym, its not hard.

suzukigirl
12-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Yeh, zukgirl, so your like, oh man he has no case saver, and the other chicks is like, is that a body part?

pretty much......my friends just pretend to know what i'm talking about, but they really have no clue....even the guys don't know what i'm talking about....it gets me really pissed off when they say that racing takes no physical strength....i'm just like fine take my quad out on the track and see for yourself just how hard it can be...and the girls just talk about which rider is hotter and who has the nicest gear

fastyz85
12-25-2006, 06:16 PM
...and the girls just talk about which rider is hotter and who has the nicest gear

i hate it when girls only judge a guy by how hot they are.im not ugly but im not the hottest guy in school either. but i am probably one of the nicest guys around(sorry if i sound cocky)...meanwhile the jocks whoa are complete d**ks get all the girls.wtf. not all jocks are this way but common.sorry to sound like a girl but its been buggin me for the longest time.

atvRiDa400ex
12-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i hate when you tell people you race quads, and they think of you racing 4x4's through the mud.....

i know wtf!:cuss:

MX MaNiAc 06
12-25-2006, 10:50 PM

Yeh no energy, yeh, race a 2 hour xc. I'm tellin you, it was hard to finish, cuz the terrain was rough and tough, and you had to do everything to not flip, I was gettin worn out in 15 minutes, it was HARD on the body but I made it. That football player wouldn't make it 5 minutes, football is run for 10 seconds, relax while next gets play gets set up like 2 minutes. Oh yeh, thats tough:rolleyes: especially since we have all played football in P.E. or for gym, its not hard.

For real man. XC wears u out bad from banging off rocks, ruts, roots, bumps. I dont know if i could do a whole 2 hour race. MX beats on u from moving around into turns and moving the quad around in the air balancing. Always shifting ur body into a different position constantly.

Scott-300ex
01-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeh man, I thought 2 hours would be a piece of cake, everyone says they stop and stretch and relax, I'm like I'll never do that.

Well I didn't but F**k after 15 minutes I was like, WTF!!!!!!!!! I'M WORN OUT! I guess I take breaks on a day of 6 hour rides, and not pushin as hard as when I race.

I landed off a jump and hit a rock on the way down, thought I broke both my wrists, had to ride an hour with wrists hurting like hell and felt like no muscle in my arm, but you gotta hold on tight or you won't last on the hills/jumps/rocks. Finished 1st though.

And Zukigirl in your sig

PAIN IS TEMPORARY PRIDE IS FOREVER.

I agree with that totally, I'll put myself through anything and crazy pain to do something!

suzukigirl
01-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeh man, I thought 2 hours would be a piece of cake, everyone says they stop and stretch and relax, I'm like I'll never do that.

Well I didn't but F**k after 15 minutes I was like, WTF!!!!!!!!! I'M WORN OUT! I guess I take breaks on a day of 6 hour rides, and not pushin as hard as when I race.

I landed off a jump and hit a rock on the way down, thought I broke both my wrists, had to ride an hour with wrists hurting like hell and felt like no muscle in my arm, but you gotta hold on tight or you won't last on the hills/jumps/rocks. Finished 1st though.

And Zukigirl in your sig

PAIN IS TEMPORARY PRIDE IS FOREVER.

I agree with that totally, I'll put myself through anything and crazy pain to do something!

thats why i wrote it:D i'd love to try an xc race but my parents won't let me...and since i race my dads quad, i don't think i'll be able to (til i get him to give in:p)...but a lot of my friends think there is nothing hard about racing...but with mx your body takes a huge beating...i know you are only on the track for 15 minutes but you are constantly moving and being thrown around trying to control the quad..i know my first race i was bruised like crazy and was so sore that it hurt to walk for like 3 days...i imagine xc is like 10x worse ...but in the end i am so addicted to racing that i will put up with all the pain..i guess i'm crazy..lol

deathman53
01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I am generally hurting 2 days after riding, if I don't ride the next day, it is really hard to move. Mx beats up you body, I don't think I sit on the seat half the time riding. And also you legs and arms act as shock asborbers for you body, so math guys, mutliply 180 lbs, 10 feet in the air and that is the force that is going on your legs and arms on alot of the jumps you land. I would like the see football players take that amount of force to them.

honda4life72
01-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Ha, you should convert it to a quad and they'll be like, "Cool wut year 250r is that?" Your like 1985, if they're stupid they'll be like "Cool, my buddy has one same year." Then the ones that know wuts goin on will be like, "THEY STARTED IN 86:huh "

try playing football in the middle of the summer in 35 pounds of gear ..then tell me it isn't hard ..atleast on a quad u get some type of a breeze

suzukigirl
01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
try playing football in the middle of the summer in 35 pounds of gear ..then tell me it isn't hard ..atleast on a quad u get some type of a breeze

not much of a breeze on the quad....and when you have all of your gear on its gets really hot....plus if it is muddy your gear gets really heavy really fast

wantablaster
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes it is hard on your body riding a quad, I've never raced but have rode hard for long periods of time and yes you are very sore and beat up, but people saying that football isnt hard on you, you are very wrong try having doubles from 12in the morning to 7:30 or 8 with only a 1 and a half hour break between with full gear and 100 degree weather ( its also aboiut another 15 to 20 degrees on the field) and then see how sore you are especially when you have to be a running back with the scout team offense against the varsity d going play after play barely having a chance to get to the line of scrimmage before you have atleast 2 or 3 guys coming to knock your head off and see the pain and soreness you have.
I understand how you complain about people who say that you dont have to be in shape or its not physical to ride a quad but theres no way you can say its harder then playing football you have to think its not about whats going on in the games but think of the double sessions for practice and the beatings you take. Not many people can take the pain of a long xc race or even a hard ride for a while on a quad but alot of people cant take the pain in football also.

wantablaster
01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes it is hard on your body riding a quad, I've never raced but have rode hard for long periods of time and yes you are very sore and beat up, but people saying that football isnt hard on you, you are very wrong try having doubles from 12in the morning to 7:30 or 8 with only a 1 and a half hour break between with full gear and 100 degree weather ( its also aboiut another 15 to 20 degrees on the field) and then see how sore you are especially when you have to be a running back with the scout team offense against the varsity d going play after play barely having a chance to get to the line of scrimmage before you have atleast 2 or 3 guys coming to knock your head off and see the pain and soreness you have.
I understand how you complain about people who say that you dont have to be in shape or its not physical to ride a quad but theres no way you can say its harder then playing football you have to think its not about whats going on in the games but think of the double sessions for practice and the beatings you take. Not many people can take the pain of a long xc race or even a hard ride for a while on a quad but alot of people cant take the pain in football also.

Rider-trx_250ex
01-03-2007, 11:25 PM

i'm agreeing with u that riding is hard on the body but what u said about playing football in gym class in absolutely nothing like high school football

Dannys440
01-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Yea i know what the football thing is, i have done oth played for my high school(one year), and played in gym. All I can say is if gym football isnt soposted to be that hard, holy chit.My who gym class was football players or former football players, we basically played rugby!I remember scrubbing one knee for 5 mins and it still being bloody and green!

I ride for long peroids of time, i start on my Ex and ride it till it runs out of gas, there are about three of us that ride together that ride like that, last time i rode hard was with some of they guys off of QZ and it sucked, cause the first day I broke my arm! And when i say broke i dont mean i broke one bone, i broke both bones, right now I have a plate and six screws in my left arm. Know what the sad part is, i walked arond school for three weeks with the cast on and only like 10 people noticed it and most of them were teachers.

Some teacher are retarded when it comes to our sport,a ll i do is walk off.

All the girls on here that ride i dont think the female stereotype that a few people on here described appies to any of you.

All guy love shopping when it comes to a new bike, tools, heavy equipment, trucks, cars(one with big motor not lil dinky *** POS's).

trick250r
01-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by wantablaster

go and try... notice the word try... to ironman the baja 1000 and then come back here and tell me that football is hard. not bashing, just stating my $.02.

WhiteZrider
01-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
I am generally hurting 2 days after riding.

Me and my cousin rode pretty much all day one time riding trails. I woke up in the morning and my back and arms were hurting and sore.

450ERRRRRR!
01-04-2007, 07:41 AM
There is a no more Physical sport than racing a quad or bike. Every muscule is working over time along with your mind. Football plays last only a few seconds and then it rest time. Pro riders are in the best shape and work out more and harder than any other sport.

As far as Know-it-all's, it's been like this since the beging of time.
Sometimes it's just better to smile and walk away!

These teachers always seem to know everything. Where did they get so much experince when they spent most of there time with there nose in the books. This has always been like this since the beging of time too!
You can tell your teachers an old man almost 50 years old said Huevos is real and I'll come there and KICK there butt if they say it ani't so!

450man
01-04-2007, 08:31 AM
i hate it when girls only judge a guy by how hot they are.im not ugly but im not the hottest guy in school either. but i am probably one of the nicest guys around(sorry if i sound cocky)...meanwhile the jocks whoa are complete d**ks get all the girls.wtf. not all jocks are this way but common.sorry to sound like a girl but its been buggin me for the longest time.

u sound like a big girl. grow a set and dont act like a *****, girls will like you if you are just confident. i play football, basketball and race all at the same time. and i can tell you that sports are easy, as far as getting into shape is concerned compared to racing a quad.

suzukigirl
01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Dannys440

All the girls on here that ride i dont think the female stereotype that a few people on here described appies to any of you.

All guy love shopping when it comes to a new bike, tools, heavy equipment, trucks, cars(one with big motor not lil dinky *** POS's).

thank you:D

Tommy 17
01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
remember this about teachers... they were the kids in college that couldn't do the hard majors so they had to switch to teaching...

most teachers are morons and actualy hurt u!

SRH
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
i think as a kid u look at teachers as someone who knows everything but in reality, there not, i mean in there field perhaps but they know no more about life , or anything else than anyone, teachers always use to say this wont fly when you get out of school or u cant do this or if you dont know that youll be a failure, blah blah, granted i regret not paying attention to some of the stuff just because now it does intrest me, then it didnt, but as far as being taught things for life, they didnt, more of a pre brainwashing to make you a worker bee for life

wantablaster
01-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
go and try... notice the word try... to ironman the baja 1000 and then come back here and tell me that football is hard. not bashing, just stating my $.02.
I understand exactly what your saying but how many people here saying football isnt hard are going to ride the baja 1000 you have a great point with that and yes I would say that its a lot harder then football but how many people are doing that.

Also for those of you saying football is just going out for a few seconds and then its rest time, it is nothing really like that you get a rest for a few seconds and then right back at it and keep in mind your getting hit play after play for an hour.

Understand that I am not trying to say either one is harder I would say they are both on the same level but in different ways, you have to have great conditioning for both of them, although you have to be better conditioned in different areas for each of them.

Scott-300ex
01-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72

Ok guys, 1 word. Drumline.

Drumline was prolly harder than football, I was snare in high school. 50 lbs drum on your back for 50 minutes a day in school, outside in the winter.

8 hours a day during the summer, one year it hit 110, with the heat indext it was like 125. And your bustin your arse holdin the drum, marching, crab stepping, and the Drumline is the most determined of them all, we stand at attention all day if we're not marching, The director gives us water breaks, Us the Drumline would just stand in the heat at attention and watch everyone else take water breaks.

Drumline camp, a week of that about 40 hours.

Drumline practice 1 hour before a 3 hour band practice.

Band practice 2 hours at night.

Yeh, football. Ha.

trick250r
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Drumline was prolly harder than football, I was snare in high school. 50 lbs drum on your back for 50 minutes a day in school, outside in the winter.

8 hours a day during the summer, one year it hit 110, with the heat indext it was like 125. And your bustin your arse holdin the drum, marching, crab stepping, and the Drumline is the most determined of them all, we stand at attention all day if we're not marching, The director gives us water breaks, Us the Drumline would just stand in the heat at attention and watch everyone else take water breaks.

Yeh, football. Ha.

amen brotha...

SRH
01-04-2007, 04:08 PM
snigga please next people will be saying how physically demanding yahtzee is

Seano300ex
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SRH
snigga please next people will be saying how physically demanding yahtzee is
hahhaha, i remember in middle school when this kid told me he had a kx125 dirtbike that he could ride in reverse, i was like that is the stupidist thing ive ever heard lol

honda4life72
01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
in football u are not at a steady pace for like you are in a xc race u go hard as u can one play ..get a 3 sec break and then go at it hard as you can the next play...and if u play both sides and only come out of the game for the punt team it is really hard..and i am a freshman on the varsity team to:eek2:

PolarisRider06
01-04-2007, 10:33 PM
i'm not gonna say one is harder than the other because i've done them both. its a different kind of endurance needed for both, to me racing makes me tired but at the same time its a rush so i dont notice that i get physically worn out right away, the lack of feeling in my arms is about the only thing i've ever noticed right away. the next day i'll be really sore sometimes depending on what i have been doing and how much sleep i get and all that stuff.

football would just completely tire me out and it was noticeable, i beat the living h*ll out of myself for football and i trained year round for it and i still was constantly getting injuries and crap, i played offensive line, punt team, punt return, kickoff, kickoff return and subbed in every few plays on D-line on JV from 9-11th grade and the same for varsity 9-11th grade just without the d-line. i didnt play senior year because of injuries from football and riding combined over the previous years.

the thing about football ESPECIALLY the line is that every play you have to go 110% for anywhere from 5-25 seconds depending on whats going on and your main goal is to hold back the 250-300 pound D-linemen from getting through or to push him out of the way... when you only weigh 185 yourself its one h*ll of a workout and then you get punt/kickoff and return teams where you are running as hard as you can the entire time. football is extremely physically demanding just in a different way than racing, its a lot about stamina and strength in short bursts for a long period of time instead of stamina and endurance over a period of time.

2 different sports, 2 different demands on the body and 2 different ways to train for them. football is heavy weights low reps, short sprints. racing is low-mid weights high reps long runs for training.

one sport cant take away from the other but the people participating in them shouldnt try to take away from the other either. its like comparing golf (no carts) to a 400m sprint in track, they are both phsysically demanding just in different ways. (yes 18 holes of golf while carying your 40 pound golf bag up and down hills is physically demanding when its anywher from 6-10 miles and anywhere from 0-100 degrees outside)

Rider-trx_250ex
01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 450ERRRRRR!
There is a no more Physical sport than racing a quad or bike. Every muscule is working over time along with your mind. Football plays last only a few seconds and then it rest time. Pro riders are in the best shape and work out more and harder than any other sport.

Football plays last more than a few seconds, anywhere from around 10-25 seconds, pushing the body the farthest it can go. and rest time? dont think so, you are running in to and out of the huddles, maybe a 3 second physical break but not a mental break, thinking about the next play. i'm not saying one is harder than the other but ur idea of football is wrong. pro riders are in the best of shape and work out most is ur opinion, not a fact.

Rider-trx_250ex
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Yeh, football. Ha.

try sprinting with another player on ur back for about 50 yards for 4 times. football camp was 1 week of 3 practices a day each lasting 3 hours. start practice at 8 then with only an hour break between going into the night. sprinting 100+ yards about 10 times is no easy task either. sprinting, jumping, hitting, arm hangs, other exercies, more sprinting and more hitting. im not saying drumline is easy but u make football sound like a piece of sweet ice cream cake with whipped cream and 2 cherrys on top.

wantablaster
01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
i'm not gonna say one is harder than the other because i've done them both. its a different kind of endurance needed for both, to me racing makes me tired but at the same time its a rush so i dont notice that i get physically worn out right away, the lack of feeling in my arms is about the only thing i've ever noticed right away. the next day i'll be really sore sometimes depending on what i have been doing and how much sleep i get and all that stuff.

football would just completely tire me out and it was noticeable, i beat the living h*ll out of myself for football and i trained year round for it and i still was constantly getting injuries and crap, i played offensive line, punt team, punt return, kickoff, kickoff return and subbed in every few plays on D-line on JV from 9-11th grade and the same for varsity 9-11th grade just without the d-line. i didnt play senior year because of injuries from football and riding combined over the previous years.

the thing about football ESPECIALLY the line is that every play you have to go 110% for anywhere from 5-25 seconds depending on whats going on and your main goal is to hold back the 250-300 pound D-linemen from getting through or to push him out of the way... when you only weigh 185 yourself its one h*ll of a workout and then you get punt/kickoff and return teams where you are running as hard as you can the entire time. football is extremely physically demanding just in a different way than racing, its a lot about stamina and strength in short bursts for a long period of time instead of stamina and endurance over a period of time.

2 different sports, 2 different demands on the body and 2 different ways to train for them. football is heavy weights low reps, short sprints. racing is low-mid weights high reps long runs for training.

one sport cant take away from the other but the people participating in them shouldnt try to take away from the other either. its like comparing golf (no carts) to a 400m sprint in track, they are both phsysically demanding just in different ways. (yes 18 holes of golf while carying your 40 pound golf bag up and down hills is physically demanding when its anywher from 6-10 miles and anywhere from 0-100 degrees outside)

Thank you that is exactly what Ive been saying the whole time.

suzukigirl
01-05-2007, 10:17 PM
just wondering how this thread got turned around to football vs racing....they are both hard and physically demanding, just in different ways....you can't say one is harder than the other because they are so different.....plus this arguement is starting to get kinda stupid

400exrules
01-06-2007, 02:46 AM
i dont want to get into this argument but everyone that thinks racing is easy, i want to see you RACE a 2hr harescramble

Ripitupfilms
01-06-2007, 11:18 AM
people are argueing football vs racing when he people that are saying about football dont even race they just ride... theres a huge difference

700bRad
01-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Thats why I love the girl I am with. She loves to ride

LOL the girl im with is afraid of quads, but loves to ride her horses. How boring is that?

elementryder
01-06-2007, 06:14 PM
racing atv motor cross is the most physicaly enduring sport soccer is next...what im trying to say is that racing mx on a 4-wheeler is the mos physicaly challenging or the hardest acording to JOE BYRD

Rider-trx_250ex
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
just wondering how this thread got turned around to football vs racing....they are both hard and physically demanding, just in different ways....you can't say one is harder than the other because they are so different.....plus this arguement is starting to get kinda stupid

what about racing vs boxing, lol

jeremy_283
01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I showed a class a video i made..... i ulploaded it to atvfan.com so that it wasnt blocked by the school the whole class saw pretty much..... some kid said "u make that"? i said "uh huh" he said "yea right" i said "ok then" then right after that some chick just wouldnt shut the "blank" up..... saying "i still dont think u race quads" she said it like three times....... then i finally threw my arms up and said "got me, i dont race at all"!! .... either way check out my bad *** video... heres the link http://media.putfile.com/The-Resistance

jeremy_283
01-06-2007, 09:56 PM
just wondering how this thread got turned around to football vs racing....they are both hard and physically demanding, just in different ways....you can't say one is harder than the other because they are so different.....plus this arguement is starting to get kinda stupid Dont pay attention ....... what does a chick know about competition anyways......

PolarisRider06
01-07-2007, 12:39 AM
people are argueing football vs racing when he people that are saying about football dont even race they just ride... theres a huge difference

people like you who dont read posts really F'ing annoy me and are the reason i didn't come on this site for about 5 months.... did you not read my long @$$ post up there? i race i played football and i gave a full explanation of all of this BS not to mention just re read the last 2 sections of my post (or in your case read the whole **** thing for the first time)

and in the case that anybody on here going to either the football side OR the quad side is to lazy to scroll up and read what i wrote up there here is the last 2 sections again

"2 different sports, 2 different demands on the body and 2 different ways to train for them. football is heavy weights low reps, short sprints. racing is low-mid weights high reps long runs for training.

one sport cant take away from the other but the people participating in them shouldnt try to take away from the other either. its like comparing golf (no carts) to a 400m sprint in track, they are both phsysically demanding just in different ways. (yes 18 holes of golf while carying your 40 pound golf bag up and down hills is physically demanding when its anywher from 6-10 miles and anywhere from 0-100 degrees outside) "

and also if your going to make an argument that one is harder and you know from personal experience go back and read through the other posts that have been typed. it doesnt matter what sport you do or have done i know that both of them are way more physically demanding and time consuming than reading through some posts on an internet forum but i guess in some people cases (just a generalization of internet forums, not directing this to anyone) its probably way WAY more mentally demanding and challenging and requires to much thinking. if this statement applies to anyone in these forums or any other sport/extreme sport forums on the internet, i cant see how you could, in any way, participate in any physical activity or competition of any type since you are to lazy to even take a few minutes to read some posts on the internet.

an just to make sure i was clear earlier, my post earlier was not an argument to either side, it was an attempt to make everyone just realize that you are comparing apples and oranges and in absolutely no way is anyone goig to win while arguing on the internet

not to mention i know football players who could never last a 5 lap moto and racers who could never last a 12 minute quarter

oh yeah and i dont have the pic but....

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE RUNNING A RACE IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN YOU'RE STILL RETARDED!!!

PolarisRider06
01-07-2007, 12:52 AM

thank you for saying that....

oh and to the guy who said what do chicks know about competition anyways... i know some pretty hot chicks who are some of the most competitive people that i know.... chicks are just way to emotional about everything though which kinda kills the competition sometimes.... lol...

suzukigirl
01-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
Dont pay attention ....... what does a chick know about competition anyways......

i happen to be one of the most competitive people i know...and ya we do know a lot about competition..not only as a racer, but trying to prove to guys like you that girls can race and be competitive

Scott-300ex
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
I showed a class a video i made..... i ulploaded it to atvfan.com so that it wasnt blocked by the school the whole class saw pretty much..... some kid said "u make that"? i said "uh huh" he said "yea right" i said "ok then" then right after that some chick just wouldnt shut the "blank" up..... saying "i still dont think u race quads" she said it like three times....... then i finally threw my arms up and said "got me, i dont race at all"!! .... either way check out my bad *** video... heres the link http://media.putfile.com/The-Resistance

Ha, invite them to your races, they're just jealous of us bad@ss's who race.

And yeh flamin chicks like that is NOT COOL MAN. Susan Parker, Angella Moore, or any of them will kill you on a track and all of us too.

At my local track there are like 3 chicks that race 300ex's and they race the like Young class. Let me tell you how the field finishes, Chick #1, Chick #2, Chick #3, then like 15 or so guys after them, the chicks LAP all the guys, no joke.

Oh and they are hot too.

01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
people like you who dont read posts really F'ing annoy me and are the reason i didn't come on this site for about 5 months.... did you not read my long @$$ post up there? i race i played football and i gave a full explanation of all of this BS not to mention just re read the last 2 sections of my post (or in your case read the whole **** thing for the first time)

and in the case that anybody on here going to either the football side OR the quad side is to lazy to scroll up and read what i wrote up there here is the last 2 sections again

"2 different sports, 2 different demands on the body and 2 different ways to train for them. football is heavy weights low reps, short sprints. racing is low-mid weights high reps long runs for training.

one sport cant take away from the other but the people participating in them shouldnt try to take away from the other either. its like comparing golf (no carts) to a 400m sprint in track, they are both phsysically demanding just in different ways. (yes 18 holes of golf while carying your 40 pound golf bag up and down hills is physically demanding when its anywher from 6-10 miles and anywhere from 0-100 degrees outside) "

and also if your going to make an argument that one is harder and you know from personal experience go back and read through the other posts that have been typed. it doesnt matter what sport you do or have done i know that both of them are way more physically demanding and time consuming than reading through some posts on an internet forum but i guess in some people cases (just a generalization of internet forums, not directing this to anyone) its probably way WAY more mentally demanding and challenging and requires to much thinking. if this statement applies to anyone in these forums or any other sport/extreme sport forums on the internet, i cant see how you could, in any way, participate in any physical activity or competition of any type since you are to lazy to even take a few minutes to read some posts on the internet.

an just to make sure i was clear earlier, my post earlier was not an argument to either side, it was an attempt to make everyone just realize that you are comparing apples and oranges and in absolutely no way is anyone goig to win while arguing on the internet

not to mention i know football players who could never last a 5 lap moto and racers who could never last a 12 minute quarter

oh yeah and i dont have the pic but....

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE RUNNING A RACE IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN YOU'RE STILL RETARDED!!!

i know a kid just like you...he plays football and rides

he sucks at both of them

PolarisRider06
01-07-2007, 10:53 PM
i'm not even gonna get into this crap...

i PLAYED football in highschool, was one of 2 freshmen that was good enough to letter in varsity, 10th grade i would have lettered but had a broken hand the first half of the season from crashing my quad, 11th grade i started every single varsity game and played all 4 quarters every game. senior year i would have done the same but i decided i would rather race and work then put in that much time after school every day for something that will take me nowhere. last summer i raced off and on, normally came in top 12 out of about 30 in open class on my preddy that the only mods arent even power mods, just nerfs tether and 18" rears. and preddy's suck for MX. i'm in the market for a 450R just dont have the funds for one right now, gonna fix up my pred and sell it and sell my car and buy a race ready one from one of my friends probably. gonna build myself another freestyle ramp, haul it out to my friends place in michigan and use his foampit and landing next summer hopefully. maybe roadtrip down to texas and use another one of my friends foampits too and have him help me out with freestyle some more and hae him help me out with racing a bunch to because he's running Pro-Am this year on the WPSA serries and at nationals....

i know i'm not the greatest racer in the world mut i will tell you one thing, i know that i'm one hell of a rider and i was told by my football coaches that i was one hell of a football player so before you talk **** i suggest you stop and figure out who in the hell it is that your talking to.... thats it, i'm done with the open forum for a few more months, i'll check the main page off and on, send harlen some pics for stuff if i go out with the guys for anything big with them like when caleb pulled the flip and i'll probably stop in the freestyle and pred forums off and on but smart *** people like you are the one who give quad riders a bad name and are just on here to up your post count, start arguments and try and look like a bad@$$. sadly enough there are way more people like you on here then there are people like me who just want to trade stories, help people out, learn about whats going on in the industry and just have a good time.

450ERRRRRR!
01-08-2007, 06:37 AM
I think we all can agree that after going to Football camp, your going to be a better racer cause your in better physcial shape.
I do know of a few other activies that would make you an even , Leaner, Meaner, Racing Machine!!:macho

Ripitupfilms
01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
i'm not even gonna get into this crap...

i PLAYED football in highschool, was one of 2 freshmen that was good enough to letter in varsity, 10th grade i would have lettered but had a broken hand the first half of the season from crashing my quad, 11th grade i started every single varsity game and played all 4 quarters every game. senior year i would have done the same but i decided i would rather race and work then put in that much time after school every day for something that will take me nowhere. last summer i raced off and on, normally came in top 12 out of about 30 in open class on my preddy that the only mods arent even power mods, just nerfs tether and 18" rears. and preddy's suck for MX. i'm in the market for a 450R just dont have the funds for one right now, gonna fix up my pred and sell it and sell my car and buy a race ready one from one of my friends probably. gonna build myself another freestyle ramp, haul it out to my friends place in michigan and use his foampit and landing next summer hopefully. maybe roadtrip down to texas and use another one of my friends foampits too and have him help me out with freestyle some more and hae him help me out with racing a bunch to because he's running Pro-Am this year on the WPSA serries and at nationals....

i know i'm not the greatest racer in the world mut i will tell you one thing, i know that i'm one hell of a rider and i was told by my football coaches that i was one hell of a football player so before you talk **** i suggest you stop and figure out who in the hell it is that your talking to.... thats it, i'm done with the open forum for a few more months, i'll check the main page off and on, send harlen some pics for stuff if i go out with the guys for anything big with them like when caleb pulled the flip and i'll probably stop in the freestyle and pred forums off and on but smart *** people like you are the one who give quad riders a bad name and are just on here to up your post count, start arguments and try and look like a bad@$$. sadly enough there are way more people like you on here then there are people like me who just want to trade stories, help people out, learn about whats going on in the industry and just have a good time.

are you some kind of hArdArS.. u said u dont like argueing on the internet but from the looks of it your the only one arguing..

PolarisRider06
01-08-2007, 06:27 PM
ok i know i said i wasn't gonna come into the open forum again but i had to just to see what kind of a smartass coment someone would come up with.... that was not arguing, that was me telling you about me. arguing is what everyone was doing earlier with the oh football is harder than mx because of this no mx is hared because of this oh yeah BS drumline is harder than all of that nuh uh u aint seen nothing till 3 a days for football. all i do is throw out my point, never going to one side or the other.

now when i'm directly told that i suck at riding and football i'm gonna tell you straight up what the hell the deal is. i dont put up with **** like that and dont think anyone else should either. how would you like it if i came on here and said i've met a person just like you, he cant race let alone even ride a quad, was third string on the JV football team even when he was a senior in high school and he only wishes that he could ever hang out with anyone who was any good at either of them... you probably wouldn't like it because i've never actually met you, i dont know what youre all about and honestly i dont give a ****. not to mention one of the rules of the board are that your not supposed to directly attack/flame anyone on the boards and i think in this one thread thats went on more than enough....

anyways i'm done with my rant now if anyone wants to have a serious conversation come into the freestyle or predator forums or stop by the akraix board. i'm out.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 10:18 AM

:)

ppl r dumb@$$es. how do they kno its fake? have the ever seen it b4? do they kno anything about the sport besides that we r a bunch of hilbillies with loud pipes who do weed in the woods?

rly...i wish some ppl would just get a life

Joe400ex
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules

me to. I always try to explain what kind i have, but people just dont understand.

joe400ex

suzukigirl
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
me to. I always try to explain what kind i have, but people just dont understand.

joe400ex

same...nobody i know understands what i do or anything about quads...thats why i come on all these forums:D

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
same...nobody i know understands what i do or anything about quads...thats why i come on all these forums:D

alot of ppl bye me kno, but not enough of them yet

suzukigirl
01-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
alot of ppl bye me kno, but not enough of them yet

ya but where i live nobody races quads...but there are some utilities...so nobody knows about them....i know a few people who ride dirt bikes...but even they don't know what i'm talking about

baker400ex
02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
One thing that really pisses me off is when people say u dont need to be in shape to ride a quad. A kid at school that plays football said "all u do is sit there and ride around."

Im sure i exercise my body just as much, if not more than if i was playing football.

I've heard motocross is the 2nd hardest sport next to soccer i think. not to sure bout the soccer part but ive done football...ahha doin a moto in 90 degree weather was harder than any day of football ive had in the past...

haha...and no,i dont play football anymore.....

02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
ROFL I think i just pissed myself when I read that they said it was edited and the jumps are fake! I would say to the whole class you guys are stupid go jump off a bridge i mean cmon? fake? deffinately not

416exfreak
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I love how everyone here thinks that football is so tough.

Football aint got chit on XC foot racing.

Try running a 5k race in 15 minutes. We dont have a single football player that would even finish a 5K! And it was because they couldnt, they all gave up. They couldnt even run 3.1 miles.:ermm:

I thought it was hilarious. They talked trash all season long to us about how all we could do was run, and how they were soooooo much better than all of us XC racers.

Guess we showed them:P

02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I love how everyone here thinks that football is so tough.

Football aint got chit on XC foot racing.

Try running a 5k race in 15 minutes. We dont have a single football player that would even finish a 5K! And it was because they couldnt, they all gave up. They couldnt even run 3.1 miles.:ermm:

I thought it was hilarious. They talked trash all season long to us about how all we could do was run, and how they were soooooo much better than all of us XC racers.

Guess we showed them:P

haha right on man tell em whats up. This girl said to me "riding a 4 wheeler isnt a sport and you dont even use any muscle in your body. All you do is stand up and the motor pulls you around." I laughed so hard and I was angry how someone thought they knew what they were talking about but they dont. i replied with, " You have no clue what so ever what your talking about. Ride a trail averaging 45MPH over whoops, ruts, roots for a few miles with out stopping if you can and you tell me if anything aches or you felt tired and needed to "take a breather" after it."

people are so oblivious to the sport its crazy. I'm not saying everyone should take intrest in it and know all the parts and such but dont mock out a sport if you dont know whats involved.

Johnny Minehan
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by LTD
No one noes nothing about quads. They all think their stock formen quads are the fastest things out their. They look at race quads and stock utility quads the same and see no differants. Its anoying.

oh, you didnt know that all banshee's do 120+ ??:rolleyes:

Ripitupfilms
02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
has anyone realized how old this thread is

416exfreak
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
has anyone realized how old this thread is

Lol, it is pretty old, but hell...its something to talk about. Its storming down here in FL. :ermm:

Ripitupfilms
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
not in orlando

trx400EXtreme
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
wow i just relized it was old lol.

416exfreak
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
not in orlando

It was here in Tallahassee.:ermm:

02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah here North of Tampa in Brooksville/Spring Hill on my way driving home from robotics I kept seeing lightning in the distance in the north west direction so its porbally coming this way.

416exfreak
02-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Yeah here North of Tampa in Brooksville/Spring Hill on my way driving home from robotics I kept seeing lightning in the distance in the north west direction so its porbally coming this way.

Its all headed NE to my knowledge.

ZeroLogic
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh the storm is here.:ermm: :scary:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Foxracing1762
oh, you didnt know that all banshee's do 120+ ??:rolleyes:

Some kid was telling me his buddys YFZ did 140. Cuz it had exhaust n aftermarket pistons! I dont even try to argue with those ppl. haha

08mxkfx
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
the best is when someone starts talking about how there quad does 100mph and they have this stuff but they have no clue what there talking about and you ask them questions like "do you have the new high performance exhuast bearings" and stuff like that and they answer yes lol

416exfreak
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx
the best is when someone starts talking about how there quad does 100mph and they have this stuff but they have no clue what there talking about and you ask them questions like "do you have the new high performance exhuast bearings" and stuff like that and they answer yes lol

I do that to the black kids in 6th period.

He claims his blaster will do 150+:p

I always ask him if he has a pink powerband. :devil:

mittman
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx

i just got a set of exhust bearings from ebay not cheap 94 bucks i hope they last awhile, now my 400 does 110mph lol i ask kids at my school that but i use knuten valve and Ceramic ferris weld they dont know s#!t about atvs