PDA

View Full Version : WNYOA race from 09/08

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Thought that I would share a few pics from the WNYOA race held on 09/08, called the Rapture. It was in Canaseraga, NY and was a complete dust bowl like the John Penton held the same weekend in Ohio. I have never ate so much dust and dirt in my entire life. Even with the holeshot in my class, the dust in the woods from the other classes was awful. I doubt that it was as bad as the GNCC race, but it definately sucked. The course was real technical and was alot of fun. I ended up taking first in my class. It was pretty sweet. They gave out the plaques and I also got a free Moose M1 jersey and a coupon for a free No Toil Air filter. Hey that definately was worth my $20 entry fee and blood, sweat, and tears(actually no tears) more like eye boogers from all the dust. So enough with the babbling.

Later,
Ray

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:38 PM
First pic is of the start of the race. If ya look close, that's my EX taking the holeshot headin into the woods to the first turn. That dust is from the class before us. Had a Z400 hot on my tail.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Second pic is actually just me going into the first turn. You can barely see me thru the dust. Almost piled it up here.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Third pic is of me heading thru the woods at a good clip all by myself. Had a slower rider hold us up for quite awhile and the rest of the pack got away from us. Had to make up some time while the air was clear.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Fourth pic is of me traversing one of the rock gardens. Actually was a nice jump, but I didn't get too jiggy wit it in fear of wacking a tree while airborn.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:53 PM
Fifth pic is the creek bank drop off. It was alot of fun. I'll try to post a few pics of this. The pic of me was taken on the last lap and I was just about dead. Didn't get much air off it, but got wet and felt like someone kicked on the AC for me. Was refreshing every lap.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Creek bank again.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 08:57 PM
One more.

CBRSLIDER
09-18-2002, 09:08 PM
And finally the finish line. Man was I ever happy to see the checkered flag waving. I just about fell off my quad after going thru the barrels. The second place guy was putting on a great charge with third place hot on his heels. Just before the barrels the second place Z400 overshot a turn and third slipped by him into second. Hey that's the way racing goes.

Hope everyone enjoyed them. To those that have never raced and have thought about it, do it! You don't have to be Bill Ballance fast. You don't have to have the trickest quad out there. You don't need to be a kid(I'm almost 30 and there are some older guys that race that kick butt!) You don't need to drive hours to a GNCC-hit a local race. Just need the determination to line up next to the other guys and bust your butt til the end. It is a blast and you meet some really nice people at the races. Infact I have got to know my competition quite well. They are a great group of guys. So give it a shot. You won't regret trying it. Remeber it is better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.

Thanks for your time.
Ray

CHAUNCY
09-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Those are some pretty nice pics.
I like the second to the last one the best.

SGA
09-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Congrats on the win! Nice pics too. What class did you run?

MEL
09-19-2002, 08:08 PM
congrats again ray. great pics of the race. like he said, if you havn't tried it, get off your ***** and go, you'll have a great time. ray, you going this weekend?

CBRSLIDER
09-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Ya I'm going this weekend. If I can find a set of rear brakes to replace my crumbling Braking pads. I thought that they were holding up good until today, when I noticed that they were actaully chunking off. Looking forward to it.

Sgaexer,
I run the 4ST C class. It is the beginner racer class, but you wouldn't know it with the speed of some of the guys. It is a good place to get your feet wet. Moving up to the B class next year. Will be running against harebounder(happy b-day btw). Don't think that I could handle running against MEL. He'd be whooping my butt on a regular basis. I just need to get into better shape. The gut and lack of conditioning is starting to get old.

Ray

SGA
09-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
I just need to get into better shape. The gut and lack of conditioning is starting to get old.

Ray
I run 4 stroke C also. I know what you mean about getting in shape. I'm starting to eat less and ride the bicycle some. I just gotta get motivated to do some push ups, situps and such. And I need to do something to get my heartrate up, the treadmill or jogging. Think i'll start with a fast 2 mile walk though. I know i'm not lazy cause i'm always on the go, I just need to redirect some of my energy to getting in shape. I know we can do it though. You go first and let me know how it's going:D Nah, J/K. I'm gonna get in shape.

CBRSLIDER
09-19-2002, 08:53 PM
I swear that I am on a roller coaster ride to fitness. I loose 10 pounds and feel good about it, then eat like a pig and gain it back. I just have to get out and start working on the jogging, mountain biking, even walking. I have a new born so that makes setting a schedule kinda rough. But gotta just keep chugging along. I have been doing pushups and they really seemed to help with my stamina during the last race. Good luck.

Ray

Pappy
09-19-2002, 09:04 PM
nice finish!! congrats:D

the dust there doesnt look half as bad as the gncc...you really could not see past the bars sittin still or movin:huh

as far as the gettin in shape...hehe...i geuss we all need that...lol

i just dont have the time i geuss..work then work some more. my biggest problem is smokin...if i can kick that i will be very happy. my arms are the only thing that got tired at the gncc...of course havin a death grip on the bars cuz i couldnt see didnt help:confused:

QuadTrix6
11-16-2002, 05:56 PM
congrats on the big win man. im pretty psyched for racing season next year :macho :D