PDA

View Full Version : cdi question?

slo250
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
i found a hi perf cdi that fits 99-02 polaris trailblazer.
i have an 06. i called my dealer and found out that the stock cdi part # didnt change fron 99-06. so i am thinking that the hi perf one will prolly work?

CDCHONDAS
12-21-2006, 10:48 AM
250-400? why are you putting that on

slo250
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM

slo250
12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
the only thing is see differint is the coil kill wire the high perf doesent have one

slo250
12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
i am thinkin of getting one cuz the damn thing is slow
and i am having a hell of a time of finding high perf parts. see i got suckerd in to buyin this pile of crap.
i was goin to buy a 04 banshee for $3800 and went i came to picking it up they started it up than wouldnt idle right and didnt sound too good. so this dealers like
well i dont realy want to sell ya a hunk a junk.
than he's like i can get ya in to a new quad for less than
that. so im like hmmm new with warrentee or fix banshee .... so i asked how is it compaired to a banshee. he says the banshee is a little faster
but they sell all kinds of high perf stuff. he also says my sons got one he does wheelies all over the place with it.
so i was like what the hell at least its got enuff power so i can learn to do wheelies ( after all this is my first quad) it sucks i had to make a 12:00 bar so i can stand on it and hold the brake and gas than let go of the brake just to get it up!!

CDCHONDAS
12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
if you can find me a link i'd love to see it because the only thing i know of is HPD's high output for the 400. CDI will not make that machine faster no matter what anyone says. to make it faster you need to start out with a basic kit, pipe, jetting, clutching and airbox mods. thats a start. but those machines are not speed racers. there are some very fast ones out there but not many, i had a 250 once upon a time and tinked with it and ended up owning a sport 400 which is 10x better i suggest www.hpd-inc.com or aaen, i think ritter cycle is ok too other than that i wont touch them, for future reference if you ever get a 400 or any 2 stroke polaris dont buy any major brand pipe for it they arent good. go with the little guys pipes

slo250
12-21-2006, 06:22 PM
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-Trail-Blazer-Big-Boss-Xplr-High-Performance-CDI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43976QQihZ010QQitem Z200016898567QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
dont forget the http://
i tryed making it link but it didnt work

CDCHONDAS
12-21-2006, 07:26 PM
i found it, it looks like one of the regular ones i sell that are orange, but HPD makes a high output system for the 400s that looks like it could be a similar box but only puts out stronger spark. those polaris's have an adjustable stator plate which if you know what you are doing can be set to act like a degree kit on a blaster. If I was you I would save my money for something better, not to rain on your parade but I'd rather see you get some bang for your buck. It may help with the different ignition curve it advertises but if it actually has that and all I would be surprised if you noticed it much.

Fear-Nuttin
12-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Slo... CDCHONDUS has some real good advise, start with the basics. Although this is one of the very best forums and ATV sites I know of, there is one "dedicated" to Polaris "gen III" bikes like yours. I have a 400 Scrambler and they've helped a lot. These guys have been through it ALL... Try going to: www.gen3usa.com
You'll be amaze with these guys.

250X_project
12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
CDCHONDAS has it completely backwards. There are 3 ways and 3 ways only to make a wheeler faster.

1.) CDI
2.) gearing
and
3.) tire size

Pipe, jet kit, 100 extra cc's etc. will NOT make you any faster. This will only give you more power and there for get you to your top speed QUICKER, but the top speed will be no better. There is a big difference between fast and quick.

Not trying to flame, just want to keep things straight.

With all that said you may still want to listen to him because I think you need the power actually. I personally would not bother and just buy an actual sport quad instead of abusing this one. I don't see you ever being completely satisfied with this machine.

JUST MY 2CENTS ;)