PDA

View Full Version : Finally DERBY CAR AND MY NEW/OLD 400 PICS

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Some of you might remember but I was in a derby last July I was 1st in the circle track racing, 2nd in the Figure 8 and finished 3rd in the compact derby.

Also some pics of my new 416ex i bought during the summer to race XC with.

Lets start with the 400 :)

416 engine

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Arens LT front end with the elkas :) I really like it but it needs some new bars:o

Ghost-Rider
12-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Cool 416, looks nice

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Derby car I bougght this car for $3oo back 4 years ago and drove it. Its a 1989 GEO Spectrum 5 Speed:cool:

YEs I got it done a little early and my mom went crazy with the paint:p

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Another

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Also thanks to ORR MOTORSPORTS for the sponsorship and mom and dad.

BLING BLING 13 inch rims:blah:

Ghost-Rider
12-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Man i want a field car so bad man lol :scary:

Lmao, looks like theres a rock on the things hood in last pic lol.

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Crunch!!!

I could barely reach the pedals at the end of the derby it was so bent inside. It still ran. I also did a 5 mins to the floor test in nuetreul and caught it on fire:eek:

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Last one I got

FasstMidnightZ
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Arens LT front end with the elkas :) I really like it but it needs some new bars:o

No nerfs or heel guards on a xc machine. :chinese:

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Man i want a field car so bad man lol :scary:

Lmao, looks like theres a rock on the things hood in last pic lol.

Me and my friends always buy cars and if they make it to the derby we derby them. My friend just bought a lync:devil:

I had a mercury tracy but I ended up jumping it and dislodging the engine from the tranny

Thanks for the comments on the 400

firefighterjosh
12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by FasstMidnightZ

Pro Armor Nerfs and XC Bumper are on back order:( Its suppose to be my xmas present

miller821
12-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Ah man I miss the old silver plastics and the red beadlock? rims. Both lookin good though man.

Dave400ex
12-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Looks good Josh. The 416 is a beast. Sure was built nice. ;)

firefighterjosh
12-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ah man I miss the old silver plastics and the red beadlock? rims. Both lookin good though man.

Yes the Silver Plastic and Beadlocks were nice.

Wish Somone would have left it on there for me:p :blah:

firefighterjosh
12-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Another

If you look at the driver seat in this pic you can see why I was having a hard time driving.:o

underpowered
12-22-2006, 08:46 AM
that car don't look hurt to bad. still has another run or two left in it. i love to derby, usually try to run twice a year atleast. here are some of my cars.

this years car:`1989 ford tempo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/PICT1568.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/PICT1566.jpg

no pics of after on this one, but it was destroyed.

my taurus fro the year before. folded like a beer can.

coryatver
12-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by FasstMidnightZ

A lot of people don't run nerfs or heal guards for XC

firefighterjosh
12-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
that car don't look hurt to bad. still has another run or two left in it. i love to derby, usually try to run twice a year atleast. here are some of my cars.

this years car:`1989 ford tempo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/PICT1568.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/PICT1566.jpg

no pics of after on this one, but it was destroyed.

my taurus fro the year before. folded like a beer can.

The car still runs and drives but it is demolished. The frame/ whatever they call it Is touching the ground. My seat is broke and bent and the front end is smahsed worse then it looks. Everything is laying on top or agains the engine. BUt I though about using the skid loader and bending the rear end up but the struts and stuff are so messed up it can't hold its self up. So I would be dragging the rear end around. Which I wouldn't last real long. I already have my I on a Topaz:cool:

Cools pics by the way

Stevie-D
12-23-2006, 08:52 PM
http://myspace-201.vo.llnwd.net/01139/10/23/1139393201_m.jpg

that's a pic of the second car i ran this year. i demolished the first one( 73 buick) the first night (third and final derby it was in) and went out the next day and found this one. got it on a saturday and had it set up to run on monday there were 5 of us working on it, with the one guys girlfriend being our tool/beer/food runner and another one or two ladies to provide a nice distraction from working:devil: stacks, shocks piped, rear welded, door seems welded, 4" steel tubing run across the dash and behind the doorposts:devil:, body bolted to the frame behind the doorpostslarger thicker bumpers welded on, etc. it was a 79 olds bourgham with an olds 350 big block in it. damn, that thing spun some donuts after it was stripped and had the spider gears welded:eek2: damn thing could have easily passed an inspection before i got my hands on it. :devil:

definately isn't worth sinking all that time and money into the newer smaller cars. for me anyway. a friend of mine is running a 73 fury with an imperial K-frame next year. he should do pretty good if i can't find a car that will out do it

lmao..if ya can't tell, we really get into it out here:p

at the one we went to watch at the end of the season, they had a compact heat:devil: there was one car, couldnt make out what it was, that folded right in the middle of the car. had a crease in the passengers door...and the whole car would compress and bounce back like an accordian when it took a hit.
definately good times

12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Is there a size limit on how big the car can be? Because I'd get a Lincoln and go on a rampage.

Stevie-D
12-24-2006, 06:02 AM
they run different heats. a normal heat, around here anyway, consists of american rear wheel drive cars. they also usually run a compact heat and a powderpuff (women only) heat

firefighterjosh
12-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Stevie D
We have stricked rules at are derby and the only thing we can do it cut frames, swap engines. Other wise it is a stock car. Except for the saftey features, Glass out of the windows, all trim ect...

MR Man,

Are derby gas these classes

Saturday - Mens Big Cars
Sunday Mens Big Cars
Tuesdays- Combine and Compact car racing
Weds- Compact Derby, Womans Derby (powder puff) and Bus Derby.

In the Mens the only type of car you can not have is the Chysler Imperial. Other then that it is run what ya brung.

The Compacts your wheelbase has to be under 98 Inches.

Womans same as the mens

combine they have a heavy weight and a light weight class

Bus Derby....Bring whatever bus you got lol.

BUt you will need to check your rules cuz they are alll diffrent

underpowered
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
yeah rules vary from place to place. typical classes here are:
small car (wb under 98")
Midsize (wb under 105")
large car any car 1980 or newer.

also compact truck adn FS truck classes to.

there are a bunch of rules here, mostly stock classes. no crossbreeding (no chevy engines in fords ect...) no welding on the frame, no caging, no double panels. we cant run imperials here either, and some years they limit station wagons. some places around here even require you have a fresh car, no pre-run cars at all. i usually pre-bend mine with a wrecker to make sure the rear end bends upward instead of down. there are all kinds of tricks that people use. but it is kinda like magic, a good driver never reveals his secrets lol.