PDA

View Full Version : went for a ride today

bigbadbrad
09-18-2002, 08:35 PM
and i saw a moose in the miidle of the trail. thats what you get for living in nortern maine so many of them this year it dont make sense hey you hunters should come up and shoot a few try to break th 1000 lbs record the one i saw must have been 600 lbs at the most had a big rack

that is one thing ilike about trails you get to see all kinds of wildlife

CHAUNCY
09-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Thats kool.
Ive seen some deer and coyotes on the trails and fireroads.
Its so awsome how you get to see sooo many animals and awsome scenery on trails.

lil400exman
09-19-2002, 03:08 PM
except when you run over them i was on a trail and a grounghog ran at me i was going fast i swerved way off th trailer and it ran at me i slameed on thebrakes and thump i was like o shyt bit it is neet!like deer squirrels but i have yet to see a coyote but i have see huge paks of wild dogs coming after my frined! in tennesse that is they are mean he carries a 12 guage with him and a 9mm glock

redrider ex
09-19-2002, 04:42 PM
and i was going about 50 mph on my mint condition Tacate 4 and a deer decides it wants to die so it ran in front of me and bam i hit it head on it happened so fast i didn't have time to swerve.
Well it tore off the front fenders and busted the head light and smashed the bumper and this was at night 12 am.:D

09-21-2002, 07:11 AM
My trails are nect to the expressway so the only scenery i get are tractor trailers passing.

L.Vegas400
09-22-2002, 12:08 AM
i see lizards

buckNbanshee
09-22-2002, 09:33 AM
on my trails i usually see turkey and deer every now and then

Krazy Kid
10-15-2002, 08:20 PM
me and my friend went over a hill on one of the main roads and had to swerve to miss a cow! the farmers fence must broke... ya wanna talk about breaking the 1000 pound limit this was about 1,200 at least... o ya in our quarry we have had to swerve to miss a druggie or two but ther eis not that many deer in that part cause there isn't much cover, We got to get rid of them druggies... cmon down hunters, just throw them in a pile!

ridesa02400EX
10-23-2002, 10:02 PM
the only things ive sen are deer, turkeys, jack rabbits, squirrels, and bears

Lo flyer
11-15-2002, 09:20 PM
This old quarry where my son and I go riding at has gators that range in size from 2 feet to 10 feet. The spring time the moms get a little pissy when you rumble thru. The worst thing was a pack of wild hogs that cut in front of me on the road to the trails. Those are some big road blocks.:D

CHAUNCY
11-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Lo flyer
This old quarry where my son and I go riding at has gators that range in size from 2 feet to 10 feet. The spring time the moms get a little pissy when you rumble thru. The worst thing was a pack of wild hogs that cut in front of me on the road to the trails. Those are some big road blocks.:D

Man gators must be awsome. That reminds me of the croc hunter.
You ever almost been bitten or somethin ??

QuadJunkies
11-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
except when you run over them i was on a trail and a grounghog ran at me i was going fast i swerved way off th trailer and it ran at me i slameed on thebrakes and thump i was like o shyt bit it is neet!like deer squirrels but i have yet to see a coyote but i have see huge paks of wild dogs coming after my frined! in tennesse that is they are mean he carries a 12 guage with him and a 9mm glock This reminded me of the time I was out riding and all of a sudden a BIG ARSE Badger ran out in front of me!:eek: :eek: This thing was as big as a Med. size dog !I thought my leg was a gonner,I high tailed it out fo there and got lucky..

QuadTrix6
11-20-2002, 12:52 PM
i see deer and rabbits all the time in PA its cool to see them around makes you feel like your away from all the BS like work , money and bills and stuff kinda relaxing :square

Rip_Tear
11-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Cool. I see tons of animals... Birds, Deer, Moose, Wild turkey, wolves, foxes, badgers, ground hogs, bears, too many to listy them all.

I have come all the close to hitting bears and deer though, the deer dont move out of your way until you stop, damn things. The bears are the scariest though, we have a couple real big ones around here! the last one shot, was 1300lbs. Real big! :eek:

SGA
11-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
The bears are the scariest though, we have a couple real big ones around here! the last one shot, was 1300lbs. Real big! :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

stupid driver
11-24-2002, 05:49 PM
i heard that moose are one of the most brutal animals on earth when they get pissed off. Ive heard stories of them tearin people apart like tissue paper. Im not in a hurry to see one of them up close

Rip_Tear
11-24-2002, 06:27 PM
I am never too interested in seeing any animals on the trails.... When ever we see bears, wolves or anything else that might be a lil nasty, Thats when we ride pinned for 15 min, or too the next house. I almost took myself out when I was riding my sled, and a buck (male deer) was standing on a corner, almost went right under it! Lucky I had good brakes and the snow not too slippery! :square Never aggravate an animal!

bsb64
11-26-2002, 09:15 PM
Watch out for them Moose, they can do a ton of damage.......

http://www.greatnorthwoods.org/moose/quebectruck/

bigbadbrad
11-27-2002, 12:38 PM
trust me i know how much damage a moose can do. last weekend my aunt was going home from a trip and bumped a moose with her van over $3000 of damage to the van. the moose just got up and ran away. a loging truck bumped one and it was left dead in the middle of the road and my mom ran over it with her van. the van stank so bad for a bout a mounth after wards.the spare tire still has some moose blood on it. i betch ya if you would take that stuff the cops use to find blood that and it glows where the blood was the under of my moms van would look like there are some of them lights that are under your car and u can get them in colors. u dont wanna mess with a moose.

trickster2338
11-27-2002, 09:55 PM
i could agree, the last thing i want to see on a trail is wildlife.the only animals i have seen are 3 bears. and thats scary when they run right up the trail in front of you. then you take a turn and your afraid they're gonna jump out of the woods and grab ya lol. other than that i might have seen a small animal here or there but thats it.