PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust question

smokey480
12-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Im looking to spend $300 or less for a slip on exhaust for my 2005 400ex. Can you tell me what you think the best bang for my buck would be? I have tried to look into a few of them but I figured some of you guys would have a better idea from experience and might be able to help narrow it down a little. Im sure some of it has to do with personal preferance but there has to be a couple that stand out from the rest. Also if you could tell me how much of a difference the head pipe will make if I change that out. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

400exrules
12-20-2006, 11:28 PM
slip-on exhaust.......HMF 100% without a doubt, ALL the way. it is under $300, and is quite possibly the most favored slipon exhaust on the market, for several reasons

lpmaster
12-20-2006, 11:30 PM
the slip on will make the most power for the money, the head pipe is nice also but you pretty much have to double the cost of the slip on but not double the hp so.....

hmf and the pro-circuit t-4 are good choices, lot of ppl like the e-series but it hangs kind of low and during aggressive riding the caliper may hit it

smokey480
12-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, I looked up all of the postings that were the same as mine and seem to think everyone has nothing but great things to say about the HMF so thats what im going to go with. Is there any preferance between the different ones? I have found the Balance, Ironman, and Sport all around that price. I really like the carbon fiber look. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3 models? Also the site im looking at offers jetting for $10 more, is that a good idea? Also offering quietcore, I want a great sound so I dont think I want to add that though..

red426ex
12-21-2006, 10:02 AM
i know from experiance that the white brothers e-series hangs a little low bot no enough to make appearance bad it looks great and has a very good range of noise you can make it anywhere from very quiet to very loud really easily... as for brake caliper and rotor hitting it yes happened to me a few times and if your going to lower it for ice racing and flat track like i did when i had that pipe it can make chain tensioning and changing sprockets a pain because it alway right there and too low..

ALL IN ALL its a very good pipe for the money and can be used for a variety of riding styles and places but be aware if your going to be hitting huge ramps more of a supercross style than a motocross style track you might be putting some dents in your pipe

hope this helps

Casey #228

smokey480
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks. I dont do much ice racing here in AZ! I decided to go with the HMF Sport in black chrome. I can get the pipe, jets, and shipping in that color for $229 so I figure I cant beat it. I think its probably the best for the money and nobody has said a bad thing about HMF. Anyone have a soung clip for this pipe? Im really anxious to hear what it sounds like...

red426ex
12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
well ive heard alot of good about HMF but not much bad stuff most of them are pretty quiet not very obnoxious and i do know that the black chrome will be a very good look! hope you like the pipe and hope you can convince your motor to breath better!

casey #228

honda300EXtreme
12-21-2006, 05:20 PM
yea hmf is loud and has an awsome tone, as for your question they all sound the same except for color, look, and the ballance comes with the torque range modifier