PDA

View Full Version : injection

lghickman21
12-20-2006, 06:02 PM
well i have read all the specs on this thing but i cant decipher. is the fuel injection suppose to be adaptable fuel injection or is it like on the zuke and need a programmer to add an exhaust. anyone have any info?

bwamos
12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Most likley it will be slightly adaptable like the suzikis.

Throttle position sensing, intake sensor, air temp sensor, etc (just like the LTR has).

No exhaust O2 sensor. Causes turbulence in the pipe and reduces your performance. You don't want that in a high performance race quad do you?

You will have to remap for equipment changes.

TWILES
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe it will be that simple. That and price will be the deciding factor for me.

450raider
12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
yeah i hear that, im currently saving for a zuke and so far im liking the part how the kawi has reverse and is gncc like but all in all the price of this thing will decide it for me.

TWILES
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm about half scared of the Suzuki's. The way I understand it you really have to dig into the motor to get any real power. I can't see spending the money. I bought my WR450 after buying a 450R, getting sick of it, riding a Yamaha, and not being amused. I had no idea the Suzuki was coming out later that year or I probably would have bought one and I'm glad I didn't. Initially it was a pipe and cherry bomb and your set and month by month the list go longer and longer. Then I road one with the full stainless Yoshi pipe and cherry bomb BRAND NEW and I still couldn't see it making a good MX bike without serious work. I know that all the manufacturers are saying that the quad motors are derived from the bike motors but with the Kawasaki, I hope its more true than Honda. It wouldn't take much to really get it going.

Humrz28
12-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Really Dig to get any power out of the zuki? high 40's low 50's with a pipe and air box lid removed and around mid 50's with a single cam isnt really diggin to hard for power imo

a few of the local A riders are riding them damn near stock motors and winning localy the quad is easier to get more power with less work than the hondas

hoopd450
12-24-2006, 11:57 PM
those numbers are a little high.

TWILES
12-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Humrz28
Really Dig to get any power out of the zuki? high 40's low 50's with a pipe and air box lid removed and around mid 50's with a single cam isnt really diggin to hard for power imo

a few of the local A riders are riding them damn near stock motors and winning localy the quad is easier to get more power with less work than the hondas

I wished I lived in your world. I rode one NEW with a pipe, cherry bomb, and airbox lid OFF and if it had even 40 hp I'll kiss your ***.

Heybo
12-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Humrz28

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... cough, cough..... ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!! Suzuki wishes it could get those numbers with that little done to it.

Humrz28
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Here let me post a few #'s for you,And btw next time your in FLorida Get Ready to Start kissing *** muncher
Airbox Lid Off,CB,and Pipe

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/ltr450apk/all3.jpg

Humrz28
01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
heres one of my bike before anything Done to it Stock Pipe,CB,and airbox lid off w/Stock Filter
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/ltr450apk/Picture131-1.jpg
So i dont Think My #'s are all that high!

PeeWee21
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
All i can say is he got .....OWNED!!! The KFX450 uses the same Keihin 42mm throttle body as the LTR. It'll make some good HP numbers i'm sure.

270 mechanic
01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
It is going to be the hottest thing out!!!!!

450rJam
01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
those numbers are off compaired to the other dyno runs I have seen.

some dyno's seem stingy (some exagerated)