PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Pen Gap I - pics

Razorback
09-18-2002, 07:50 PM
i finally got my pics up from our trip this past weekend to wolf pen gap in mena, ark. some of the other guys have more pics coming soon. here is a link: http://www.scottandbiccy.com/quad/wolf_pen_gap_2002/wolf_pen_gap.html

we had a great trip. redrider ex (bronson), mrtunes (travis) and me all got there by mid-day friday and rode several hours before sunset. most everyone else showed up past 9 or 10pm and went for a night ride. before the ride got very far, eldoexrider01 (grant) missed a curve coming out of the tremendous amount of dust and rolled. he got lucky and didn't get hurt, he did bend a front rim and a tie rod pretty badly. we got that bent back and travis let him use an extra set of holeshot xc's the rest of the weekend. grant got lucky because his brand new bumper and 6 pack rack didn't get hurt because it was their first time on the trail!

we had 13 riders overall 9 400ex's, 1 z400, 1 raptor and a couple of utility quads. we all went out for a ride first thing saturday morning and the dust was freakin' horrible. it's was so dry and dusty, half the time you couldn't see more than a quad length in front of you while going 4th and 5th gear in a lot of the areas. we got in the deeper woods areas and the dust wasn't as bad. i think one of everyone's favorite trail was the one filled with jumps. seems like every 50-75 there was a jump. not huge jumps, but big enough to give you a scare going through the trees :D

we took a break for lunch, did a little quad maintenance (got to test out a chain breaker and it worked!), then headed out for a huge ride in the afternoon trying to find this big water hole called the "blue hole". it was supposedly 26 miles one-way, so we knew gas would be an issue for some of us. well, we finally found the thing and it was more like 35 miles one-way (thanks to travis' trail tech!). a few people went on reserve. bronson ran out of gas on the way back, so grant filled a plastic bottle from his tank by opening up the bottom of the carb. grant then soon went on reserve and bronson ran out of gas again, but they were close to camp then, so bronson put on knee on his seat and a foot on grant's bumper and grant pushed him home.

so, we logged over 100 miles on saturday alone and everyone was hungry and tired. i fired up the mini-gas grill for burgers and brats. there was a small fire :devil when the grease from the brats finally got down to the flames. it actually caught the outside of the grill on fire and it was the strangest color blue.

anyway, my friend todd and i were ready to go the next morning, but i think we wore everyone else out (kids these days :D). me and todd went for a short ride to find the cave and it was pretty cool. i forgot my camera, so i'll have to get pics next time.

anyway, long story, but we had a great time and it was a pleasure getting to meet and know fellow exriders. oh, and chris400extreme's 500ex is t-totally bad *****. that's all i can say.

here is a list of the exriders.com people who were there
razorbackexrider
mrtunes
redrider ex
chris400extreme
eldoexrider01
tc

i'm sure there's more stories that the other guys can fill in...

looking forward to WPG II...
scott

TravEX
09-19-2002, 05:55 AM
cool pics,,,you know that cheapo camara that i was bragging about?, well it broke and i can't rewind the roll of film that is in it! hehe,,,when i get it figured out and developed, i'll post mine,,,later

Razorback
09-19-2002, 10:43 AM
that'll learn ya! i hope you can make them work...

TravEX
09-19-2002, 08:07 PM
me too!

did you get a pick of the smoking raptor tire?

Razorback
09-20-2002, 07:01 AM
i think grant did. i didn't...

TravEX
09-20-2002, 07:16 PM
well, i went to Wal-Marks 1 hr photo, and they got the film outta the camara and developed it, and ONLY 1 EXPOSURE TOOK!!!, so i'm gonna hit a road sign with the cheapo camara and start looking at a digital camara,,,later

Razorback
09-21-2002, 06:26 AM
that sucks :mad:

get that digital for next time :)

09-21-2002, 07:03 AM
looks like you guys had a lot of fun!