PDA

View Full Version : max power-ice cube cylinders

JACK1021
12-20-2006, 09:21 AM
hey guys...thinking about running the 488 or the 523 ice cube cylinder kit on my yz450 hybrid...wanted to know if any one had used these kits and what they thought about the power.....with either kit i will be porting the head,running cams,valves and the piston will be 12:1...thanks for any help

anderson3064
12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
dude i dont know anything about the ice cube. but what i do know is that them cats at max power are thieves. i sent them my sons blaster engine to have it bored with new piston and rings. they tell me it cost 300 bucks and i was willing to pay not knowing iwas getting ripped. then the dudes called me a week later and said that my cases had been epoxied shut and they couldnt break them apart. (now scratching head) and asking why my cases need split to get a over priced bore job and they tell me the bottem end needs new seals. so the tell me its going to be about another 300 bucks for the bottom end work cause it will need new case halves. well when all work was finally done they call me and tell me final price is $1150 with return shipping. by now i was steaming. so morale of story was im not paying for 1200 bucks for a blaster engine and they wasnt sendig it back unless i paid so i was out the engine. in mine and anyone that knows me world MAXPOWER ARE THEIVES

CDCHONDAS
12-21-2006, 08:54 PM
that stuff pisses me off because I am in that line of work and it seems people give others bad names. i mean heck i dont even split cases for crank seals, i try to make sure I give a fair price but I have to remember that I need to eat too. There is so much of the "oh I can get that on ebay cheap" chit going on around here it aint funny, I am am like hey have you even asked me for a price sorry to hijack your thread, had to vent

anderson3064
12-22-2006, 06:01 AM
go ahead a nd vent, you didnt rip me off MAXPOWER did. i understand that mechanics need to eat too, that is why i buy my stuff from local dealers as well as ebay, i have to eat too. for instance. after getting jacked by maxpower i bought my son a 300ex. it needed a new rear caliper. I went to local honda dealer and the crack head tried to charge me 357.00 for a new one. i came home and bought a new one with e-brake block off for 110.00 off ebay. also i did ask for pricing before i shipped my engine and they fed me a line of crap. after having engine they had me by the balls