PDA

View Full Version : any paintball players

Z-King
09-18-2002, 07:10 PM
well i think i am getting a new gun and right now i have a tippmann modle 98 and i was thinking of getting an mini mag or bush master 2000 witch one do you guys prefer i would get an auto cocker but my brothers timing is always messed up

250boy
09-18-2002, 07:54 PM
I got a spyder compact java edition, its nothin special but im going to be getting a freak barrel soon. but seriously, i would go with the bushmaster, I hear autocockers are really hard to get the right timing but they look better. You cant go wrong with a bushmaster though.

Derek
09-18-2002, 07:59 PM
I got a automag classic 68 with powerfeed, all splashed blue eclipse part,venturi bolt,custom wooden grips,all american barrel,expansion chamber,and all the other goddies. Ill sell it to ya for 400. i need money for shocks thats why im selling it so cheap.

Derek
09-18-2002, 08:00 PM
o yea i paid over 700 for the gun but i need shocks so..........

Sparks425Ex
09-18-2002, 08:05 PM
I used to play but i quit cause i started racing last year. I am sellign my new gun i got at the end of last season.

I have a Spyder Xtra with a Aftermarket Bolt. It has bottom Line,expansion chamber and drop forward. It is a sweet gun adn i can shoot fast as almost any normal cockers. Even the guys at the feild i play are amazed how fast it can shoot on not break balls.

I am sellign with a 16oz tank(used once) 2 hoppers,a 3 pod carrier adn like 7 pods. I hvae all cleaning Supplies and i haev cleaned the gun throughly after both times i used it.

I bought it at the end of last season and i only used it 2 times. I only have shot a 2000 case of balls outta it.No more No Less. It has been in original box in my room ever since last year,last tiem i played. I am sellign to get part for my quad. I am willign to sell everythign i have with gun for 125+shipping. The gun now goes for 152.95 on most sites. It has been used 2 times adn cleaned boths times. I can;t reiterate how good of condition it is in. Pm me if interested i will let ya know everyhting i have with it.

Warrioreater400ex
09-18-2002, 08:13 PM
i play paintball.... i have 2 guns, Spyder SE, TL plus, and a Rainmaker with an ACI 13.5 inch zero gravity barrel.... if i were you i would go with the cocker... timing is an issue... but it is by far the straightest shooting gun ive ever played against.... bushmaster is ok but id get an impulse or a tribal over the bushmaster... just my personal preferance.

MichaelS693
09-18-2002, 08:15 PM
i play some mostly speedball but not as much as i used to cause i started racing i have a spyder tl plus with many silver parts that have been grinded i cut the top of my gun in half like where the cocker goes in at and cut the cocker so it looks tight i also grinded the whole trigger frame and grinded several parts it looks pretty good i gota get some pictures

Z-King
09-18-2002, 08:24 PM
what abought the new tippmann A-5 it has a badd ***** ball feder

CHAUNCY
09-18-2002, 08:33 PM
I play and have a Tl plus with a Lapco barrel and a Lapco ball sizer.
I would go with the bushmaster I heard it's pretty good.
I played with this kid that had a wgp cocker and he kept having to mess with the timing.
thats just my opinion

MichaelS693
09-18-2002, 08:37 PM
get a AMG they are good guns for the money i say either a AMG or a impulse unless you play in tournys but word is they outlawed elctronic trigger frames in tournys but i say impulse or amg or heck if you even have the money get a angel haha dont forget go nitro or go home

radchad3
09-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone. I own an 01 cocker. I have to say that it is truly the best gun I have owned. I think it is the best gun out there for the money IF you have it timed CORRECTLY when you first get it by a trained WGP airsmith and then DON'T mess with it. I have heard alot of people having trouble with them as soon as they start jiggleing with the timing. I also have 14 inch boomstick and 12vhopper. Would like to get hooked up with HPA but haven't done so yet. Go with the cocker, if you want a great value entry level tournement gun. Just my two cents!!:D

stocktires
09-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Hmmm...
I just sold my baby (gun, not my R!). Im regreting it ALOT, but All the cash is going into my R! Here a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1858717922&rd=1

Aint she purty!?!?!

250excelent. The 3 guns you listed are very different. Hit me up on Aim or ICQ (look in my pro-file).

loganB
09-18-2002, 09:04 PM
What Kind of paintball do you play if it is speed ball go fore a mine mage if it is more open feild woods stick with the 98 and get a respons triger sistum and a speed blow back and a new barell.:devil

stocktires
09-18-2002, 09:28 PM
tippmann :rolleyes:

HondaEXer
09-18-2002, 09:44 PM
I got a silver Tippmann 98 Coustom with a J&J performance barrel on it.

Nausty
09-18-2002, 09:59 PM
I wanna get into this paintball stuff so bad but this quading stuff is to expensive. sheesh I could buy so much with just shocks even. *sigh*

stocktires
09-18-2002, 10:03 PM
do it nausty, its freakin awesome!
Im gonna get back into after I get my R done.
The cost of equipment isnt cheap for high quality stuff. But the most expensive thing is....PAINT!!!
I spent over $100 everytime I played ($97 for one case of paint, you are forced to buy only field paint at most places).
But whatever ya do, dont think being a "sniper" is kewl

bandit390
09-18-2002, 10:05 PM
paintball is another one of those expensive fun things to do, but I still play at least once or twice a month.

I play here,
http://www.offlimitspaintball.com/

Nausty
09-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
do it nausty, its freakin awesome!
Im gonna get back into after I get my R done.
The cost of equipment isnt cheap for high quality stuff. But the most expensive thing is....PAINT!!!
I spent over $100 everytime I played ($97 for one case of paint, you are forced to buy only field paint at most places).

yah if I ever start it will be when i get my quad done or we sell some stuff and just buy a fully built 400ex or 250r then i'll pry get into it. I don't think i'd like the tournies and stuff as much but just going out with friends in a forrest or by a abandoned bridge and playing games

stocktires
09-18-2002, 10:18 PM
It all starts with the woods. Then you get addicted to the rush (addrenalin) of the game. The speedball and tournies are all you'll wana do cuz its so fast, its gets ya thinkin, and Its a freakin rush! Just talking about it makes me wana go out and buy a custom Cobra Mamba IR3 Angel ($1700).
but anyway, buy a gun and equipment (pm me and I'll set ya up) if ya ever get some extra $$$

Nausty
09-18-2002, 10:20 PM
that will pry be a LONNGGG time if I ever am able to get a gun.

airheadedduner
09-18-2002, 11:24 PM

:rolleyes: Being a sniper sucks. When I play my teamates make me do it cause I got the most accurate gun. Most the time I end up providing cover and picking off flankers. I prefer being a frontman, that is the biggest rush.

stocktires
09-19-2002, 06:03 AM
airhead, there is no such thing as sniper, its pointless and dumb

I play front, sometimes mid mainly cuz I can run pretty fast and I aint skeered like my teammates (especially newbies)

UglyMotha™
09-19-2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by 250boy
I got a spyder compact java edition, its nothin special but im going to be getting a freak barrel soon. but seriously, i would go with the bushmaster, I hear autocockers are really hard to get the right timing but they look better. You cant go wrong with a bushmaster though.

you say your looking for a freak i've got a brand spanking new one that was used three times it is the total system plus it has the stainless steel back a 16" front for woods play and a 10" for speed ball i am asking 130 for it i orignally payed 220 for it, and yes the kit only cost 184 but remember it has an extra front and also the stainless back which adds up and yes it's for a spyder or spyder clone just pm me if you interested i also have a jt gear sack that i want to sell and the jt speed system with the collar four pods and the harness to go around your waist everything is in mint shape just make me an offer, i have no guns i already sold them, i sold a bushmaster 2000 that i sold for 1200 that was a complete custom there was none other like it and i sold an aka merlin mini cocker (sweetest gun i ever owned) and a sypder shutter that couldn't be classifed as a shutter cause it looked nothing like a shutter, now that i look back i think it was stupid how much mone i dumped into paintball. oh well

airheadedduner
09-19-2002, 01:32 PM
airhead, there is no such thing as sniper, its pointless and dumb

Yes it is dumb. The main reson for it is to guard a rear position. Anymore being a sniper in paintball is being a back player. I guess I play back untill I know it is secure then move to front. No more of that crap for me once I get an E-99:D.

Z-King
09-19-2002, 03:45 PM
this is my tippmann

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid32/pf586dae90eb1feb05291f702cabbc426/fd41c63e.jpg

MichaelS693
09-19-2002, 04:22 PM
the only reason you need a back man is if you have a fat guy on your team:rolleyes:

Zuki
09-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I wanna get into this paintball stuff so bad but this quading stuff is to expensive. sheesh I could buy so much with just shocks even. *sigh*

Hey bro....ur in Lexington area right? The group i do most of my riding with do a good bit of paintballing too. Its a little bit of a drive, but here in Florence (actually Crittenden), the paintball place (bout 100 acres) also allows us to ride our quads and make trails. They're also now allowing a harescramble track to be built on the property. Best of both worlds. Lemme know if you or anyone is interested in this.

stocktires
09-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Michael is right, big slow guys play back and shot a he!! of alota paint!!! Probably about 1000-1500 rounds per game (5-10 man). You always need a back man, or more than 1 if its more than 3 man. Thats you cover, not sniper (I hate that word, its so gay)
If I were gonna buy a low buck electro, I'd get a Black dragun or EM1 make sure you've got atleast a 12volt (x-board would be better) revy.
I might buy a Dragun if I come across a lil cash. Another Angel is a long ways away for me :(

MichaelS693
09-19-2002, 05:54 PM
now that i think about it...it depends on what your playin and where at on the field

DantheEXman
09-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Paintball is all about oppinion. Basicaly, get whaever gun u want. I have a spyder classic, then i moved up to the autococker. I love my autococker. Timing isnt that big of an issue. I have a couple of great sites that will tell you exactally how to get perfect timing. But ever since i got my 400, i havent touched my gun. I am just in love with quads i guess.:devil

Nausty
09-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Zuki

Hey bro....ur in Lexington area right? The group i do most of my riding with do a good bit of paintballing too. Its a little bit of a drive, but here in Florence (actually Crittenden), the paintball place (bout 100 acres) also allows us to ride our quads and make trails. They're also now allowing a harescramble track to be built on the property. Best of both worlds. Lemme know if you or anyone is interested in this.

lol i'm from central iowa, so its kinda a long drive but thanks anyways. But the reason it would be so long is i'm not gonna go buy some cheap gun and then work up to a 200 doller gun to another gun later. I wanna buy one good gun off the bat so I don't waste my money.

stocktires
09-19-2002, 07:31 PM
Good idea nausty, but you'll always want a better gun.
start with a nice spyder or a black dragun (NOT tippmann), those are the best guns for newb's. There simple, easy to clean and maintain and shoot good and are reliable.
AIM me if ya want, Im no paintball newbie

GreatAim
09-19-2002, 07:38 PM
i play paintball

Warrioreater400ex
09-19-2002, 07:41 PM
i love paintball... it provides an adrenaline rush like quadding... just more of a strategic adrenaline rush... haha i love lighting up snipers when theyre the last ones left... i like bein point man or flanking on one side.... but i HATE bein point man when your on a team of a bunch of people that are chicken and you tell them "move up and get position, i got you covered!" and they just chicken out and sit back there and then they get position and light you upp ARGHH that steams me :grr

stocktires
09-19-2002, 07:44 PM
yep, its impossible to win if your team sux, there scared, or have tunnel vision.
without good team mates you can forget about winning. Paintball is 100% teamwork and 100% mental

airheadedduner
09-19-2002, 11:57 PM
I main reason we need a back player where I play is because we play in natural terrain. We drive up in the woods and just pick a spot. Most of the time I have the team form a shallow V and follow them a ways back. And no i'm not fat, one of the complaints from my friends is i'm to damn short to see crawling through the brush.

I like the e-99 over the em1 and black dragun for one big reason....price. The E-99 only cost $230. It has 4 fire modes: semi, 3 rd burst, 6 rd burst, and fully auto. The E-99 is basicly an electro Shutter is what the owner of the local pro shop told me.

Zuki
09-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Bahhaahahaha Central Iowa/Lexington Ky, same difference. hehehe some reason i thought i saw a thread that said ky. O well hehe

stocktires
09-20-2002, 06:06 AM
black dragun is $135

honda400exrider
09-20-2002, 07:03 PM
yes i play paintball also. i dont have a good quad, but i have a good gun at least. lol. i have a nasty impulse ($624.95) from www.paintballwholesalers.com with a black to dark blue fade ($75) 12 revy ($55) toxic dropfoward ($30) ans gen x-2 reg ($110) and a crossfire 68 ci/ 4500 psi nitro tank (210). and a dye tank cover ($20). thats a total of $1,095 dollars. lol. i enjoy playing mid player mostly, but occasionally ill play tape, or back player in speedball. i recently played in a tournament with my brother and friend in a three man tourny im maryland. btw i saw some red 400ex with an exhaust riding there jumping with a bike nearby if that was ne1 here. a impulse is a good mid starting person gun. i would reccomend it for a semi-serious speedball paintball player. it is better than a spyder with a grip in my opinion, but thats just me. my .020234 lol

09-20-2002, 07:23 PM
Hey guys im selling a 2001 shocker 4x4. 16" All American barrel. Vertical reg kit, Kapp Dropzone cradel 2, kapp on/off, 20oz syphoned tank,v elbow, 12volt hopper, dye sticky grips,double trigger. First one to offer $400 takes it! PM OR EMAIL ME!!

brink400
09-20-2002, 07:36 PM
I played paintball for a while. I never could have imagined doing anything else, but that all changed when I started getting into quads. When I decided to quit I had an Angel with A.I.R. and all that good stuff. I kinda hated to see it all go but that changed when my 400 got loaded into the back of the truck at the dealer. Ive thought about getting back into it but I couldnt see myself dumping huge amounts of money into anything but my 400.

honda400exrider
10-10-2002, 11:56 AM
yoo for the shocker, is there ne pics? and is the tank siphoned, or anti siphoned (sp?)? iight lata

UglyMotha™
10-10-2002, 12:13 PM
alright who wants her, she's goin on ebay either tonight or tomorow so if you guys got any offers throw em out now truly a bonerific gun here it's a completly costomized bushmaster it's been milled out the wazoo and it's been chromed plated not that cheesy nickel plate like most gun and it's also been powdercoated silver vein it's got a ripper feed tube, vapor bolt blinding blue led palmer rock mod the drop and grip panels arn't included

Kadafiy
10-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I was into paintball a while ago and just got back into it a little bit ago, but quads have always been my first money pit. Right now I'm shooting a Piranha sts g3 with a 14" aa. For potential buyers don't buy Spyders they are made in sweat shops over seas and are not the best quality. Get a Piranha made in the good ole USA and are very reliable and priced awesome. Go to xpaintball.com Later

10-10-2002, 05:01 PM
oh yeah! i got an old tippmann 68 carbine- we used to spaz all the time but everyone sold out- hopefully we get goin again. It's so damn fun.

DarkStarRacing
10-10-2002, 05:07 PM
i got a 2000 and a 99 cocker for sale...the 99 has everything but a body...pm me if your interested, i will part it out lemme know if your interested

stocktires
10-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Nice gun uglymotha!

FastByDesign
12-21-2002, 09:35 AM
where did u get it from?

UglyMotha™
12-21-2002, 11:40 AM
who is your question directed towards:confused:

MichaelS693
12-21-2002, 06:00 PM
went and played paintball today.... had about 8 guys.... good game only got shot bout 3 times all day......2 in the head and once in the arm....couple guys played chicken.. pretty funny stuff haha.....if anyone of you guys has the paintball 2 Xtreme magazines look in the back and look at team ole miss rebels....the guy named ricky howell a guy that i play with he had a nitro take blow up in his hand and has had many surgeries and basically did everything to his hand except cut off his fingers...it was bad he still hasnt gotten full mobilty in his hand

erac4019
12-22-2002, 10:56 AM
If anyone is looking for a good reliable marker I am selling my Mag. It has been used very little since it was a backup for my Impulse. It has a Dye 2x frame, 32 deg grips, tourney lock, J&J 2pc, PMI ceramic and it is a power feed. I have the original frame and box in original condition, and it also includes a case. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I'm looking for $275.00 + $10.00 shipping.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p05eba14f4090d36c109dd70de5d8e0a9/fce7964f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pede4bf1e60659e55f1c178db45ccfc14/fce795f2.jpg

stocktires
12-22-2002, 05:44 PM
I wana go to ole miss just for the wicked arse paintball team!
the burst disc didnt burst? How did the tank blow? The burst disc musta been screwed up somehow :confused:

nice guns guys, I love mags, I wana play again so bad!!!

Chicken is awesome, Me an a friend played till our hoppers ran out (his ran out first :D ). I got hit 5 times, he got hit 11 :devil
It was just a field about 60' x 20' and we ended up switching sides and me falling and still shooting in the end...:blah
ahhhhh....good times, good times, I miss em'

MichaelS693
12-22-2002, 06:16 PM
I wana go to ole miss just for the wicked arse paintball team!
the burst disc didnt burst? How did the tank blow? The burst disc musta been screwed up somehow :confused:

nice guns guys, I love mags, I wana play again so bad!!!

Chicken is awesome, Me an a friend played till our hoppers ran out (his ran out first :D ). I got hit 5 times, he got hit 11 :devil
It was just a field about 60' x 20' and we ended up switching sides and me falling and still shooting in the end...:blah
ahhhhh....good times, good times, I miss em'

well im not sure how it blew..... it was a nitro tank (do they have burst disks?...not sure) it really messed his hand up kinda sucks he sued the company though and i think he is gettin a shi! load of money out of it not sure yet tho

stocktires
12-22-2002, 06:46 PM
My 68/4500 crossfire had 2 burst discs, co2 tanks have only one.
Thats really weird, cuz its almost impossible for that to happen!

Benficachop
12-22-2002, 06:59 PM
i have a automag r/t pro. I love it, i have the I frame, 12in freak barrel, pmi perfect drop, 12V revy, 68ci 3k psi tank and i have a spyder e99, its nice too. Well for your desion i think go with the mag, they r nice, u could hook 'em up alot and r less difficult. Dont go to the dark side, get the mag!!!!!!:devil

Playing with an autocoker is like playin in the special olympics even if u win u r still a retard:D

stocktires
12-22-2002, 07:03 PM
cockers can be some bad mo-fo's! I've seen some set-up to where when the bolt is coming back in the breech to drop another ball it actually sucks the ball into the breech, instead of just letting it drop in.
Talk about never choping! Cockers arent simple guns, and they require a person with alot of knowhow on them to be reliable guns.
But Im spoiled and will never buy anything but an Angel again :D

ZMAN
12-22-2002, 07:14 PM
ya i like my spyder:blah

ridesa02400EX
12-22-2002, 08:10 PM
get a smart parts impulse with compressed air my friend has one and has never chopped a single ball with it except for one time when we had deformed worr games paint they are very nice guns

stocktires
12-22-2002, 08:13 PM
IMPULSE = Poor man's angel, great gun, but SP does have a few lemon Imps. The vision eye is tiiight, get a new one if you get an Imp, cuz an order Impy will have the older vision eye, the new ones are much nicer! They're tall guns though and makes it kinda hard to play tight if you play front, its a perfect gun for a mid player!

UglyMotha™
12-23-2002, 07:18 AM
mmmmm my merlin cocker, built her from the ground up this is before milling actually i never did do any milling on it before i sold it

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 05:50 PM
stocktires, an impulse can be a great front man gun once it recieves the following... a low rise, and a vertical reg.
i have the vert reg and enjoy playing mid/front with my nasty impulse. the only bad thing about them is that they do not compare to a pimp autococker in woods (u cant beat the long shooting, accurate cocker... that is when they're working) the imps dont shoot accurately from long range, or shooting from far away.

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 05:55 PM
oooo yeah, a pic...

stocktires
12-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Yes, very tru, I cant remember but there was a reason mounting a low-rise on an Imp was kinda a bad Idea, was it that only 3 balls stacked up? I Cant remember cuz its been so long since I wanted an Impy.
Its a stacked tube gun, so even with a lowrise and a CP razor drop with a 68/4500 (my fav-setup! its still wont be considered very short (I HATE stacked tube).
They don't compare to an Angel either...

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 05:56 PM
woops, i forgot again

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 05:59 PM
another

stocktires
12-26-2002, 06:01 PM
NIIIIICE, I love the nasty's milling.

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 06:09 PM
stocktires, although you only have 3 balls in the chamber which i believe is the correct amount, a 12revy or higher will shoot the balls in fast enough most of the time. although u have to worry a little bit more about chopping, it is worth it when you can creep up in a tight bunker and snap a shot out at someone where you would normally get nailed in the hopper. oo and that angels cant compare, i dont believe that is completely true... for what u pay for, an imp is a great gun starting at a little less than 400... ok know angels begin at a little less than a grand and range well into the thousands (a couple grand at least) so when you compare the two, the imp is just as good of gun for the price... know i have a friend who recieved a brand new angel that was two grand... he tried out his gun obviously, and then mine. he honestly felt that mine was very similar in performance but mine is a pretty expensive imp (about a grand all together)

honda400exrider
12-26-2002, 06:13 PM
uglymotha, is that your wallpaper in the backround???

niccccee

BTW, nice cocker..... i liked cockers until my cousins broke down,,, it had everything on it too,,, custom milling and paint, phenuematics (sp?), reg,,, u know,,, the worx

stocktires
12-26-2002, 07:18 PM
very tru, a basic imp with a vert reg is a nice gun. But I just dont see the point in upgrading Imps.
A revy with an x-board should work fine, yeah. But thats another thing, Angels have gated feed :D

UglyMotha™
12-27-2002, 06:55 AM
nah, it's my buddies bed sheets,

thanks