PDA

View Full Version : 300ex brake lines

Project300EX
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
As some of you guys know I'm doing a frame up 300ex project. I already had 400ex a-arms and spindles on and got my 300ex front brake system in today. I got the calipers on the 400 spindles fine, but can't figure out how to run the brake lines. I was wondering if someone could post some pics of the lines from the calipers all the way to the lever assembly. Since I don't have any guide to go by (since I'm building it frame up) I'm pretty much relying on common sense and pics I see on here. Thanks.

JoE4554
12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
http://bikepics.com/pictures/538104/

its kinda hard to see..ba run them along the arms as you already know....have the lines from each caliper meet where the stock ones met....then run a line up one of the tube rails next to the steering stem and connect it up on da bars

Exrider434
12-22-2006, 01:38 PM
bolt em on to the caliper and then run em along the a-arm to the thing where they meet.....then theres another cable that goes fom there and goes up to the bars....

BTW you might wanna think about gettin a Clymer manual, they are amazingly helpful they tell you just about everything you need to know and they have clear pictures for just about everything;)

Project300EX
12-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah I got it figured out. I knew where everything started and ended, but there was a clamp that was throwing me through a loop. I thought it was for a brake line, but it wasn't. It really made the lines awkward. Thanks.

Also what ball joints are you using? You made them replaceable didn't you?