PDA

View Full Version : Rath Sway Bar Installation

thump4863
12-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Can anyone show me some pics of a rath sway bar installed on a Honda 450R? I just got it and never used one and it didnt come with any type of installation instructions. Any advice or just some close up pics would help. Thanks

patrickj75
12-21-2006, 02:44 PM
heres my 04 450R with a Rath swaybar. any questions just ask.

Patrick

patrickj75
12-21-2006, 02:46 PM
heres a more recent pic with the swaybar turned backwards.

Patrick

thump4863
12-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Would you mind getting some close ups? Also what does turning it backwards do? Or nothing just give you room up front?

patrickj75
12-21-2006, 03:01 PM
i can get closeups sometime soon. i need to borrow a better camera. flipping it backwards gave me more room around my resevoirs on the front shocks. the adjustments still work the same. i just had to grind off the brackets for the stock front brakeline 'T'. depending on your shock/a-arms setup, i would run it forwards.

patrick

thump4863
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
i can get closeups sometime soon. i need to borrow a better camera. flipping it backwards gave me more room around my resevoirs on the front shocks. the adjustments still work the same. i just had to grind off the brackets for the stock front brakeline 'T'. depending on your shock/a-arms setup, i would run it forwards.

patrick

So basically I just hook the brackets for the bar to the frame behind the bumper then the heim deals to my arms? I have JB TT arms so there is a spot for the sway bar. I think I have an idea - I zoomed in on your pics. I just don't want to put it on wrong!

patrickj75
12-21-2006, 03:13 PM
i think your a-arms have tabs down by the bottom of your shocks? if so, mount your struts down there and yes, mount the bar to the upper a-arm bolts right behind the bumper. if you have access to some scales, set up the swaybar so you have equal weight on both front tires.

Patrick

thump4863
12-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
i think your a-arms have tabs down by the bottom of your shocks? if so, mount your struts down there and yes, mount the bar to the upper a-arm bolts right behind the bumper. if you have access to some scales, set up the swaybar so you have equal weight on both front tires.

Patrick

Yeah I have tabs by the shocks -

How do you adjust the weight to each tire

Sorry for so many questions this is the first swaybar I have owned! And thanks for your help!

patrickj75
12-22-2006, 07:17 AM
you loosen up the jam nuts on the heim joints and turn the strut until the weight is the same. if you have questions here's my number 763-439-1289.

patrick