PDA

View Full Version : nut seized to threads on intake manifold bolt's threads- HELP!!!!

ryanh250ex
12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok, so i was in the middle of my carb swap, and i was pulling off the stock carb. I've done this at LEAST a dozen times, never having any real trouble.

on the 250 there is 2 threaded bolts holding the carb onto the intake manifold. i got the first one off with no trouble. the second one is a different story....

i got it about halfway down the bolt when for whatever reason it seized itself to the bolt. so now whenever i attempt to loosen it or tighten it the bolt rotates along with the nut......

it's a very tight space.

So, without having to purchase a new intake manifold or drill a hole in my current manifold so i can punch out the bolt, how can i either remove the nut or cut it short so can get this carb off my manifold?

hondaracer57
12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
are u able too put some heat on it like with a propane torch...if u can get it good and hot the try to take it off

JOEX
12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer57
are u able too put some heat on it like with a propane torch...if u can get it good and hot the try to take it off
If you try this please remove the gas tank:)

ryanh250ex
12-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer57

i dont own a torch however i can probably get access to one.

i was able to remove the intake manifold from the head so i could 1) have more room to work on it and 2) if i can't get the nut off , then bring it to someone who can.

250exkid
12-20-2006, 04:38 PM
i have a 250ex to never had that problom, but did you try locking a pliers on the bolt and then try to unscrew the nut?and put some penitrating oil on it to, if this doesnt work i have no idea!

ryanh250ex
12-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
i have a 250ex to never had that problom, but did you try locking a pliers on the bolt and then try to unscrew the nut?and put some penitrating oil on it to, if this doesnt work i have no idea!

you've never had that problem because your quad is brand new and i guarantee yours hasnt been off 1/3rd as many times as mine.

I was able to get it off by the method you just mentioned.