PDA

View Full Version : XC Tire setup

Blizzard24
12-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I have used regular Razrs and Klaws in the past, switching to ITP this year to try them out. Not sure which ones though.
XCR fronts w HD rears? I have read the HD fronts dont clean out very well. Or XCR front and rears, Northeast style XC racing, lots of rocks one week, lots of mud the next.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scro
12-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I've never run the ITP fronts, only Razr2. But, I have run the XCR-03, HD, and presently the GNCC.

The XCR's were a great all around tire. Cleaned out good, but lacked the sidewall grip when they were worn a little.

HD's hooked up extremely well, as long as you got the motor to haul them. They are very heavy. The squared sidewall works well in the deep ruts.

I like the GNCC better than the previous. They slide very well, hook up when you want them to, and have more sidewall bite for the ruts than the XCR's do.

MO-EX-RIDER
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
gncc's all around or throw a pair of hd's in the rear w/ gncc fronts

bradley300
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
i had the xcr's on my blaster and liked them, they were easy to spin which was just what i need to stay in the powerband. they were easy enuff for the blaster to spin that i would hesistate putting them ona 450 in fear of never getting traction. ive always like the xc fronts (22 inch) but the razr2 is the best turning tire period

RaptorRacer45
12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
throw a pair of hd's in the rear w/ gncc fronts

I can defently say thats the way to go with ITP!

Blizzard24
12-20-2006, 08:00 AM
I ended up just going with Razr2's all around. A proven tire with no issues and decent weight. Thanks for the help.

ZSNOW
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
do gncc's hook up good in mud...like deep mud?

Scro
12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
do gncc's hook up good in mud...like deep mud?

GNCC do good as long as the ruts are not too deep. Now if you are going to be riding someplace where it has been raining continuously the week previous, more than likely you will want to run a more squared off tire like the HD or Razr2. They have better sidewall grip to pull you through the ruts.

y3llow400ex
12-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
I ended up just going with Razr2's all around. A proven tire with no issues and decent weight. Thanks for the help.

good choice. ive had no luck with itp tires at all

h-bomb450R
12-22-2006, 01:08 AM
yeah ive always had problems with the sidewalls on my itp tires. but they hook up better than any other tire in a straight line.

ZSNOW
12-22-2006, 05:30 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Blizzard24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good choice thats what i am doin too.