PDA

View Full Version : when is yami gunna get some good pro racers

vance757
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
you kno in the gnc racing with jon natalie,doug gust, all these
guys ....honda and suzuki has winning quads because of great riders..i kno bill ballance is all we got lol
but what is the deal with our motocross racers
not winning on yamahas...and no its not cause
of honda or suzki bein fast because i have
a yfz and there not even close to me
just got a full yosh and pro flow what most
of other racers got

Scro
12-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I've heard that engine builders were not able to get the power that they are getting out of the other brands. And I'm not talking about pipe and filter, it's the stuff the engine builders are doing to them that you and I will never get our hands on:ermm:

That's just what I've heard though.

yfz stealer
12-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Yamaha has great and very fast riders its there engine builders IMO if they used the same builder that Chad Reed uses on his engines they will be wining ever race:)

vance757
12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
ive raced 450r with porting drag swingarm full stage1
strickly dragtrack bikes at a local drag strip
and mine just lowered with pro wedges
and they just cant beat me
ive seen more yfz outrun trxs more than
anything on a drag strip i kno its completely different
on mototrack but i guess thats the way of
the dollar builder and rider

daddio
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Yamaha just won't buck up and pay the really good guy's. Now Yamaha has lost Kory Ellis to Suzuki. :(

12-20-2006, 07:54 PM
dasa can get 65hp out of a stock bore yfz but it wont last 1 moto so thay build the factory yfz's with 61-62 hp and they rebuild them with new cases on after every race. I have one of spaders factory yfz's and on sunday i cracked the engine cases, spader told me i would only get about 20hrs out of the motor and thats all i got. but yamaha definitely needs faster riders, if they lost kory ellis whos left for mx spader and brown?

Wills77

STEVENJANNA
12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
The real question is, When is Yamaha come up with a good quad. I love Yamaha but the YfZ has an outdated chassis design and you can't get consisted HP out of the motors. Where did you hear about Ellis?

If you follow the history of MX you'll find that Yamaha has historically not cared about giving there racers cutting edge equipment. That is self evident even today with there factory support to there pro atv riders. The only support they get is quads & parts and they don't want any feed back from them about how to make there products better. Unfortunately for Spader, Brown and Ellis they are being portrayed as sub par racers because they are racing an underpowered machine that over the course of a 20 min. moto beats the crap out of them to the point were it's a struggle to hold on.

whoamack22
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM
are you serious ?

TWILES
12-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't think Yamaha is going to get any better with their motor's. I agree with the guy about Chad Reeds motors. I think the bike engine builders are the way to go with the YFZ anyway since the motors are so close. I really believe Kawasaki will be the next one winning I think I'd like to have the new 450. The way it talks about the EFI it adjust itself unlike the rest of the ones that are and have been around. Getting back to the Sponsored Riders thing....Kawasaki was the first to back riders since the 3-wheelers about 8-9-10 years ago for the GNCC's. Yokely and Ballance raced the KX motored RollDesign bike. One Yokely raced is sitting at Suzuki of Paris with Chris Grissom (the guy who built his motors).

Ty's400
12-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Yamaha has some talented riders the main being Pat Brown. However, they did struggle with setting their bikes up this past season and had quite a few mechanical issues. All I have to say is that it's no wonder why people are switching, but Pat Brown is good so is Ellis he just struggled this year. Look for Spader to do better next year too. Not saying they will be the boys on red but...

TWILES
12-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I think Spaders problem is bike set-up. Not the way its set up so much as the stuff thats on it. In 2005 he was fast like he was on the old Duncan 250R's. Ellis has his days I think. He finished 3rd at Blountville in 05 and said he was sick. I guess he was dying the times he finished bad.

12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
at the beginning of the season they were having problems with the gytr clutch baskets not being trued which made it vibrate like crazy spader said even though gytr would not admit it. Now the gytr baskets are trued but spader switched to hinson. He also said that the yfz is pretty much a banshee front end and doesnt handle nearly as good as a 450r front end can

Wills 77

STEVENJANNA
12-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
at the beginning of the season they were having problems with the gytr clutch baskets not being trued which made it vibrate like crazy spader said even though gytr would not admit it. Now the gytr baskets are trued but spader switched to hinson. He also said that the yfz is pretty much a banshee front end and doesnt handle nearly as good as a 450r front end can

Wills 77
The GYTR clutch basket is a Hinson basket. Hinson sold Yamaha the rights to the design and they where using the wrong program when they were tooling them in the begining of the season. The YFZ chassis has a high center roll axis and it has almost 0 degrees of rake in the front end which makes for an unforgiving ride. Now if you take a look at the front end on the new KFX, that is pretty close to perfect (it should be, it's an LSR design). The rolling axis is below the lower frame rail and it has a good amount of rake. That chassis should be very dominant if it holds up and if the motor is any good you'll see it on the podium. I would say that Kawi and Suzuki will be at the top followed by Honda then Yamaha in the manufacturers race.

TWILES
12-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Go to the LTR450 forum and read about the transmission problems. Its pretty much normal *****ing until you get to the last page and the guy tells about his wreck and eating the fence. Kawasaki has never really made a good quad. I don't trust Honda's untill there is really nothing Honda left it them. Pro class might not be doing the greatest at the moment but I trust Yamaha's more then my Dodge truck. I didn't really know how the motors worked untill I got my WR and I can't see a better 4-stroke motor out there.

SRH
12-23-2006, 01:12 PM
yamaha has the most reliable and most powerful stock engine, there design doesnt allow for a whole lot of hp beyond what they have, but for me til im at the pro am level im sticking with yami just because its a trustworthy competitve stock engine and y ou can g et some hp with cams a few small things here and there

the reason the quad guys dont get what chad reed has is , chads team has a huge budget and quads have a tiny one so they work with what they have

i think when the time comes ill be looking at a honda....i dunno about suz dookie, maybe a kawie

yfz450rida
12-23-2006, 03:51 PM
every has argued since the day 450 came out which is better buy what ever you like each one has ****ty design and all of them have something better than the other for those of you who have ever been to a national race and not just droled in front of a tv watching every weekend of every race a hand ful of pro quad blow there motor and guess what suzukis have blew the least amount of motors, yamaha and honda blow motors every race, except at sunset ridge, IL this year was the first time a yamaha didn't blow in some time. you cant look at the pro class for anything they run what their payed to and thats the bottom line the ride the bike that their sponsers pay for or who pays them the most for the factory guys. Most team are switching to honda and susuki because of money. both teams have a excellent program and yamaha recognized this this year, supposedly the are upping support to their current one and picking up a hand full of new one for 07. just rember all pros came from a 250r or yfz450 threw there carreer axcept doug he went 250r to. ltz450.
look over the year most top pro right now were winning on yfz with in the last few years even topping out hondas on the podium that is until honda stepped things up just wait till next year and we see how things go. have fun and be safe!!!

yfz stealer
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by yfz450rida
every has argued since the day 450 came out which is better buy what ever you like each one has ****ty design and all of them have something better than the other for those of you who have ever been to a national race and not just droled in front of a tv watching every weekend of every race a hand ful of pro quad blow there motor and guess what suzukis have blew the least amount of motors, yamaha and honda blow motors every race, except at sunset ridge, IL this year was the first time a yamaha didn't blow in some time. you cant look at the pro class for anything they run what their payed to and thats the bottom line the ride the bike that their sponsers pay for or who pays them the most for the factory guys. Most team are switching to honda and susuki because of money. both teams have a excellent program and yamaha recognized this this year, supposedly the are upping support to their current one and picking up a hand full of new one for 07. just rember all pros came from a 250r or yfz450 threw there carreer axcept doug he went 250r to. ltz450.
look over the year most top pro right now were winning on yfz with in the last few years even topping out hondas on the podium that is until honda stepped things up just wait till next year and we see how things go. have fun and be safe!!!
I hope its true really want yams back on the podium or at least racing the race

yfz450rida
12-23-2006, 06:23 PM
if you really want to know what products and machines are working look at the pro am class and top amatuer class they pay for what they ride most of them some are close to full support. Look at the canadian motocross yfz 450 jasmin plante won on a 250r than moved to a 450r and won and this year i think he one on a yfz he race his yfz at unidilla. what i am saying is all these 450 machines are so close that it comes down to u guess it money the deciding factor in which most top pro racer make there decision on. i really truely believe that you could put byrd, natalie, gust, goodman, little all on yfz450s and give them a year of money and they will make things happen but yamaha doesn't want to pay for he talent.

whoamack22
12-24-2006, 12:11 PM
agreed thats what so good about the 450 class you cant go wrong with either of them they all have different styles of riding and get the job done

JR3
12-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by vance757
you kno in the gnc racing with jon natalie,doug gust, all these
guys ....honda and suzuki has winning quads because of great riders..i kno bill ballance is all we got lol
but what is the deal with our motocross racers
not winning on yamahas...and no its not cause
of honda or suzki bein fast because i have
a yfz and there not even close to me
just got a full yosh and pro flow what most
of other racers got

So you are saying pat brown and korey ellis arent goo racers. Put down the pipe and step awat from the computer. Im friends with spader and hes been practicing with apat almost every day since the wspas ended all he said was you vetter watch out for pat hes gonna be untouchable. Its not so much about racers its just every1 is basically equal machine wise that any little storke of bad luck during the 20 minutes your done. Id rather be lucky then good anyday.

alberndt
12-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I dont think anyone is saying Pat Brown and Kory Ellis are bad racers.

JR3
12-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by alberndt
I dont think anyone is saying Pat Brown and Kory Ellis are bad racers.

well he asked when they are gonna get some good racers so thats saying that the current racers arent capable and another word for that is bad. Spader was on a yamaha this year he said he could never get his shocks dialed in now thats not his fault progressive suspension gave him his rig and drove him to all the nationals so hes not gonna give up that sponsor just tuff it out and hope they get there act together so sometimes its not the racers fault. but travis isnt gonna be with progressive next year.

yfz450rida
12-25-2006, 04:02 PM
ellis will be on a susuki next year hope does good he is a very good rider .

yfz stealer
12-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by yfz450rida
ellis will be on a susuki next year hope does good he is a very good rider .
where are you getting your info... because if its true that sucks:(

SRH
12-26-2006, 07:59 PM
i dont know if its true but i read in one mag yamaha stepped up its support of pat brown for this season, time will tell

stealth400ex
12-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i dont know if its true but i read in one mag yamaha stepped up its support of pat brown for this season, time will tell

yup wait till u see pat next year gonna be fasssstt

yfz stealer
12-27-2006, 12:04 PM
so pat brown and spader are the only factor riders for yamaha

quadgeek631
12-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by yfz stealer
so pat brown and spader are the only factor riders for yamaha

Putting faith in the young guys....I really like that. Maybe one of them will be the next Doug Gust, very loyal to Yamaha. That's what every manufacturer is looking for.

JR3
12-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by quadgeek631
Putting faith in the young guys....I really like that. Maybe one of them will be the next Doug Gust, very loyal to Yamaha. That's what every manufacturer is looking for.

spaders not exactly a young gun lol

yfz450rida
12-28-2006, 10:55 AM
spader and brown are factory ridersbut yamaha wont even give them a trailer progressive suspension put up the money for their rig and that means they stay loyal to the suspension. the talk going around is that yamaha has signed a few more up and coming riders and that yamaha is goingto put up the money for all the rigs probably not a semi but darn close even natalie doesn't ride in a semi, the only ones i remember from the nationals this year is doug and byrd. and one more. artic cat brings theirs out to wpsa terra cross.

yfzracer101
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
i read the other day that gust's mech. paul turner (sp) is now with yamaha and goin to be working on browns quads this season. all i got to say watch out for brown this year. if he didnt have bad luck at the begining of the season he would be top 3 in points for the GNC just like he was in the WSPA. And for thoes who dont remember brown lead for most of the race the last round of WPSA.

Xater
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah i read that in atv sport mag.

YAMAHAVIPER
01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
THIS YEAR BLUE=BROWN