PDA

View Full Version : hi/low speed

honda250xrider
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM
hi/low speed adjustment

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the advantages to this i've been trying to research this quite a bit but i cant really find to much info just peoples experiences. I've kinda been thinking this may not be needed if the shock was set up correctly from the get go but i am not sure.
I see PEP does not offer this along with some other companies But axis, elka, fox, progessive shocks are now offering this. Is this nessecary for a well built and tuned shock?

I would think that if you have the tuning of the shock and valved correctly that the hi/low speed adjustments would not so much be needed.

Another simply question is has anyone tried the motowoz shocks and then tried the fox shocks? which one did you like the best? I am wanting comparision's baised upon the same quad. I have read a little about motowoz not to much out there but they seem to have a well built shock. I love the thought of the fox evol also kinda just a toss up between the two now.

Adams747
01-03-2007, 08:46 PM
You are correct, if your shock rebound and compression is set to your liking and your riding conditions... then it isn't necessary. The range of adjustment (using Axis piggy back) is huge. Standard "Compression" adjusment affects more low speed.
Depends on your budget, but it may be overkill if you don't have the time to test. I rebuild race shocks and generally unless your budget and dedication is limited I would go with a standard single comp and rebound adjust. Just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love the possibilty of the adjustments, just hard to dial in.

pudamac12
01-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I would recommend the Motowoz over anything out there. I have ridden nearly every brand of shocks and now own two sets of motowoz. You will absolutely love em

honda250xrider
01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
excatly what i have decided after talking to jim I am sure he knows what he is doing. Found out a few things from him about fox shocks that actually made me suprised. I would say jim is a very down to earth guy and will answer any question you have within reason. Am soon to be ordering ti. spring lt shocks