PDA

View Full Version : To C-Leigh Racing

ChvyCruzen
12-19-2006, 12:44 PM
I got the motor today, one day early, and I must say I am very happy!! :D :D

I have one question about the ignition. There is an RPM product on the counterbalancer with markings for timing?? I dont know anything about this part. Correct me if I am wrong.

The wires attached to the stator, that the CDI box too? I dont know what any of the wires are on this setup. Is there some place I can look, microfiche, that explains the ignition system that I got with the motor??

Thanks Neil!!!

Matt

C-LEIGH RACING
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I guess a attaboy goes to UPS then, should have been 3 days.
So you like what you got do you,,,, wait till you figure up the prices of everything thats in that bottom end, new cases, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Hinson quick change cover,

That RPM piece you see is an aftermarket adjustable timming bearing carrier. The old TRX ignition pick up module mounts to it. The CR unit is self contained, everything mounts on the stator plate.

I dont know about a place explaining about the ignition unless it would be on a ATV site & somebody showing everything.
I think the harness was plugged into the CDI box but if not, the plug end on the harness will only plug in one way into the CDI box so that shouldnt be a problem.
After you hook that up, you have the wire that hooks to the coil & a ground wire-green wire with a brass eye on the end you mount under one of the coil mounting bolts.
There is one wire comming off the harness at the end, a female connector end you dont hook to anything. I think on the CR bike it went to the kill switch, not for sure though.
Neil

ChvyCruzen
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Neil -
I couldn't imagine the cost of everything that went into the motor, it is sweet! Thanks again!!

I'll try hooking this up and see if I can get spark.

Matt

ChvyCruzen
12-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Sent a PM to you Neil