PDA

View Full Version : Factory Updates & Problems Solved-ONLY-No Chatting

grancuda
12-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Performance & Gear Shift Mod for 70 & 90 -- I can email you the factory bulletin to modify your 2 or 3 speed into a 4 speed. It also talks about the CDI and a limiter in the intake. PM me and I can email you the Service Bulletin for this which is TY70~TY90 Performance Tips

Stuck in gear -- If you have a 70cc or a 90cc and still have it limited to 2 or 3 speed and try to shift past the highest limited gear it can get locked in the next gear and will not shift down. There is a washer that will need to add to not allow this to happen. PM me and I can email you the PDF'd Service Bulletin for this which is SERVICE BULLETIN TYPHOON 70~90 #7 10/06

CDI box -- Replacement of the CDI box not only allows quad to rev higher but also allows quad to rev faster even at low speeds. Also replacement of CDI will cure off idle bogs and stumbles.

Front Brakes Lock occasionally -- Remove the Shipping Wedge from between the front brake lever and lever perch. This wedge is used for locking the front tires in shipping but could be inadvertently left in and could occasionally lock front wheels.

Frame brace by shock towers -- There is a weld in frame brace that the new Typhoons will have that ties in above the shocks. The dealers will have this available for more abuse such as motorcross riding. This brace is available as well as the lower brace that ties the frame together at the bottom.

Please add any Factory updates you have or any legitimate fixes for problems.
Pleas keep all chatting/bashing to other threads and keep a good reference for actual riders of these quads.

markvette
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
i set one up today, i posted some pics over on the hype post.

Mark

smr
12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
This is great information. I just got off the phone with my dealer and we are getting an upgrade kit b. Not sure what that means but it includes an 18mm carb and something else. (hope its the cdi and frame braces.)

Andyman17dad
12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Is this update kit being provided by Extreme or do we have to buy it??
Also any word on the front shock situation? I bought the package of 3 back in Aug/Sept and have only been able to use the rear one (which I am very pleased with, but I need to do something with the 2 others that I have in a box in the garage!)
Extreme was supposed to be building brackets, but then I heard that now they are not going to do that.