PDA

View Full Version : Need help badly.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Today I stayed home from school today because I have a real bad stomach virus. I threw up 7 times since 3 this morning. I have diareea(sp?) badly also. I am so dehydrayed. Extreamly dehydrated. Anything I drink I throw back up 10 minutes later. Any idea on how I can stay hydrated. Also I don't have a ride to a store so I can't pick anything up. I'm home alone. Anyone help me please.

12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Today I stayed home from school today because I have a real bad stomach virus. I threw up 7 times since 3 this morning. I have diareea(sp?) badly also. I am so dehydrayed. Extreamly dehydrated. Anything I drink I throw back up 10 minutes later. Any idea on how I can stay hydrated. Also I don't have a ride to a store so I can't pick anything up. I'm home alone. Anyone help me please.

Well heres somthing. No such thing as the stumic flew. eat crackers .

HtFoxChick
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Don't drink large amounts at first. Try ice chips...small amounts at first so your body will take it. I find 7up good too. If you can't get to the store, try this.

HtFoxChick
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
One more.....got any popsicals? Good Luck!

12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
One more.....got any popsicals? Good Luck!

Those dont help.

LTR450_#67
12-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Maybe you should go to the Doc. and get checked out for E-coli. That ***** could kill ya!!

later

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Nah I don't have E-coli. I'll try the ice chips first anymore? Pleaasee. What about icecream? Maybe into a shake? Or coffee?

HtFoxChick
12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh God NO!!!!! No coffee!! Stay AWAY from all products with caffenine! That dehydrates you more!! Dairy products aren't good either on a bad stomach!!!!! Clear liquads are probably your best bet, for the time being.

jcv400ex
12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
go to the ER and get some fluids ran through an IV. Fix ya right up.

HtFoxChick
12-19-2006, 10:16 AM
I've known people who had to get an IV put in, with the flu. It wouldn't hurt to call the ER, and talk to the nurse on call, tell her your symtoms and she'd be happy to talk to you and try and help, before you have to go in.

Doc Guetter! hahaha j/k

12-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
go to the ER and get some fluids ran through an IV. Fix ya right up.

Yeah only if he is dehiderated if not then he will stil puke. bet ill be gone by tomarow.

FasstMidnightZ
12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey bud, you seem really smart in all this ( :rolleyes: ). Did you skip English class though?

ZeroLogic: I'd just try not to do anything. Try to lay down and take very little sips of water at a time. Maybe like a shower/bath could help to?

gbcap
12-19-2006, 10:30 AM

Go to the hospital. its called an IV.

Well heres somthing. No such thing as the stumic flew. eat crackers .

STOMACH FLU. you can't spell it yet you know what it is?

Those dont help.

how do you know. you a doctor? thats what they do for you in the hospital. your just as bad as the kid that wants fourwheelin rednecks to diagnos him over the internet.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I already took a nice shower/bath. Best thing ever. I can't fall asleep anymore. Iv'e been sleeping for every. Also I do not have a ride to the hostipable.

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Popcicles help a lot, iv been on a record, havent barfed since the 4th grade and im in 10th now so i hope to keep that record strong lol....yea dont eat try popcicles they always help, make sure its maybe like juice pops or bomb pops more fruit juice than sugar.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Okay, I'm going to give my mom a call and see if she can pick up some ice pops for me. Would Mt Dew be alright or no? What kind of drink could I get besides water?

12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
who cares about the hospitle their gona do nothing other than what you know. I have a really bad sore throat for over a week now. I was going to go to the doc but i didnt cause i know that he will only say gargle with sault watter and maybe he would put me on some fancy pills i dont even need.

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I think LTD needs to change his name to LSD, and zero whatever you do dont drink mt.dew thatl make your sotmach hurt so bad...

and ltd its salt, not sault

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
So what kind of drink should I try?

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, water isnt working....id say tea? but then agin if you cant hold down water you probly cant hold anything......take a good swig of pepto bismol omg i love that crap...as i always say its the duck tape of stomach problems....you may need an iv of liquids if you cant hold it down.:(

12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
So what kind of drink should I try?

Stay away from sweet.

Villageidiott23
12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
try a nice glass of suck it the **** up. come on man seriously. if your that bad and cant get a ride then call 911. that or get a friend or neighbor to drive you. you act like uve never been sick b4....

12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Lucky me i never puke. I eat lucky charms.:eek2: :scary:

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
My friend was real bad once....keep throwing up and couldnt hold anything down eventually went to hospital and threw up whole way there.....he needed fiber so you could be similar inless you feel like you have the flu......if you try water agin maybe more room temp i wouldnt try cold or hot and do smallest amounts possible if that works then maybe try cool water.

ZeroLogic
12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Okay well I'm getting some ginger al and ice pops.

Thanks you all for your help. This isn't the first time that I had this stomach virus, but I never been this dehydrated.

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Also with them popcicles i wouldnt eat them id just suck on them and let it melt in your mouth that way you should get some kind of fluids.

12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
want to here a story?

________________________Serpukealot______________
Once my moms boy friends kid was in a bar and puked all over the pool table the end.

I bet youll be back to normal by morning. That IV stuff i think is a bunch of crap if you drink a lil fluid no iv is needed.

12-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Also with them popcicles i wouldnt eat them id just suck on them and let it melt in your mouth that way you should get some kind of fluids.

Why not just chomp it down and get the fluid faster?

72 chevelle ss
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
I just got over having something exactly like this. If you don't get better by tomorrow and still have trouble holding stuff down go to the ER. I did and was severly dehydrated.

To test if you are dehydrated, grab a little piece of the skin on your hand or arm, hold it up for a second and let go of it. If it stays up, you're dehydrated.

12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 72 chevelle ss
I just got over having something exactly like this. If you don't get better by tomorrow and still have trouble holding stuff down go to the ER. I did and was severly dehydrated.

To test if you are dehydrated, grab a little piece of the skin on your hand or arm, hold it up for a second and let go of it. If it stays up, you're dehydrated.

Yeah but if you drink liquids it will rehydrate you and then no need for the doc.

bwamos
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM
7up is by far the best.

Stay away fron Mt Dew, and other caffinated drinks.. as said before caffeine is a diuretic and will make you more dehydrated.

If he can't keep the liquid down.. how is he gonna rehydrate, exactly???

Be sure to soak in the tub too. It will help relax your stomach muscles.. and your body will absorb some of the water through your skin. Not much.. but every little bit counts.

gbcap
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by LTD
Yeah but if you drink liquids it will rehydrate you and then no need for the doc.

but if you can't keep it down it won't do anything for you. IV's will hydrate you 400 times faster then drinking a glass of water!!!

HtFoxChick
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I couldn't type fast enough!! NO MOUNTAIN DEW!! 7up or Ginger ale, would be good. NO caffeine is what you want in a pop. Actually, the sport drinks are good too. Gatorade....it hydrates you.

Ghost-Rider
12-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Lol LTD never become a doctor, i said ingest the stuff slow cause he cant hold aynthing down and the iv isnt a bunch of crap, if you cant hold anythin down the only way to get fluid in you is through an iv.

AtvMxRider
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LTD
I have a really bad sore throat for over a week now.

Maybe you should keep things out of your mouth:rolleyes:

12-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Maybe you should keep things out of your mouth:rolleyes:

It wasnt in my mouth it was in my noes.:eek2:

97blaster200
12-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LTD
It wasnt in my mouth it was in my noes.:eek2:

you had a sore throat in your nose?

CHEVYZ
12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
No, it was a sore throat in his noes.

12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
ear

DieselBoy
12-21-2006, 02:28 PM
almost sounds like u got that norwalk virus... everytime you eat, drink, whatever you puke and crap 2x more... horrid virus to have!
take lots of vitamins and stay away from dairy products!

YFZRB
12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Did somebody check on the kid?

He hasn't posted in two days.