PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Axcaliber axle

Chef
10-18-2001, 08:59 PM
Does anyone on this board have this axle? if you do, how is it? and how do you adjust it? And has anyone flipped the front rims around for extra width?

moto93
10-18-2001, 10:06 PM
I had one of those in my 318X (bored & stroked 250X). It comes with 4 spacers (two on each side, one thick one thin) that you could either put behind the hub to widen or in front on the hub to narrow. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the hubs were always coming loose. No matter what I did I just couldn't get them to stay tight!

Flipping the front wheels will get you wider but the bump steer it causes is terrible.

Hope this helps,

10-21-2001, 08:59 PM
I run the LS Axcaliber axle on my 400. Installation was a breeze once i got the clip off my old one. It seems to be a very sturdy axle. However, i am having a few problems with my stock locknut staying tight. Any ideas? Other than that, stability is awesome and when paired with +2 a-arms you'd be hard to catch on a track with some given rider ability. And for about the 18th time, here's a pic of the rear end of my 400. BWT, it's our 1 year anniversary today :) .

moto93
10-22-2001, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Thumper
i am having a few problems with my stock locknut staying tight. Any ideas?

Got one of Lonestar's anti-fade locknuts. They're kinda expensive (around $185) but you won't have to worry about it coming loose again.

riz400
10-22-2001, 10:07 AM
I bought a Rad Lock($50) and had trouble with it loosening up on me. I put a little red loctite on it and have never had a problem since.

I will never use the front wheel spacers again...the bump steer is horrible. I just recently installed some new Houser +2 A-arms and the difference in handling is incredible. Lonestar axles are awesome from what I've heard but the Durablue is not so bad as long as you are not getting crazy air time.