PDA

View Full Version : D12 AMA Hates Me lol

bah1491
12-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Too bad d12 ama decided not to run quads anymore....of course, ive got my bike all setup, waiting for february 19th, so i can race....now i have to go to a certain track like scenic highlands, or briarcliff....i bet only a few places will be kind enough to let quads have races.... heres where i found out about this....

10/24 - District 12 events "Bikes Only" for 2007.

This was posted on the D-12 site today.

"October 24, 2006

With the prospects of some new and exciting AMA bike classes for next season, the D-12 promoters have elected NOT to offer Quad classes at their races for the 2007 season.

As the premier racing organization in Ohio, D-12 strives to be leaders in track quality, event efficiency and points recording. We feel that this decision will allow us to improve our events by keeping our class list manageable while offering better racing conditions to our members.

The D-12 promoters explored the option of running a quads only series. But the majority of D-12 promoters regretfully concluded that due to the low turnout of quad racers the past several seasons, it was impractical to have any kind of meaningful quad series for 2007.

The D-12 promoters hopes everyone will understand our position in this matter and we thank you for your past and continued support.

Sincerely
The D-12 Promoters Group."

Scenic Highlands may consider hosting "quads only" events in the future if there is enough interest.

Thank you for you understanding and support.

this is off of www.ohiomotocross.com

12-18-2006, 08:04 PM
That sucks. It's the opposite up here. One of that track's is letting quads back. So now we have 3/5 tracks instead of 2/5. But now 4 out of the 5 tracks pulled out of the AMA. And I dont know if thats bad or good, but w.e i'll find out next season.

STEVENJANNA
12-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
That sucks. It's the opposite up here. One of that track's is letting quads back. So now we have 3/5 tracks instead of 2/5. But now 4 out of the 5 tracks pulled out of the AMA. And I dont know if thats bad or good, but w.e i'll find out next season.
Which track are you talking about that's letting us back?

JJs450r
12-19-2006, 07:07 AM
we run an out law series, and the people that run and maintain the tracks are all dirt bike riders but said the quads put on the best show the 1-5 racing was tight. our district usually dont have a quad turn out, but man that sucks

trick250r
12-19-2006, 08:22 AM
if they see that enough people are interested, scenic, beans, crow's, and one other... i forget which one, said thay would have a quads only series. we need to get a bunch of D12 guys to call em up or e-mail them. i was hardcore pissed when i heard that.

12-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
Which track are you talking about that's letting us back?

diamondback

bah1491
12-19-2006, 12:28 PM
trick250r:
are you in the d12 area?? if so we'll have to kinda round some guys up...all the people i ride with are kinda retired from racing, but they go to the tracks to "keep in shape"

Sandsjbyz22
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I used to ride in the D-12 and I found the only one to actually care about quads was Spring Valley. I think Spring Valley is working on having a quad only series next year with a few other tracks, but thats a good trek from zanesville. I dont see how a ama sanctioned track can say no quads allowed. I pay my $39 a year for my ama card just like everyone else. Alot of good its doing me. I think if you are going to be ama sanctioned all members should be allowed to race.

trick250r
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bah1491
trick250r:
are you in the d12 area?? if so we'll have to kinda round some guys up...all the people i ride with are kinda retired from racing, but they go to the tracks to "keep in shape"

yea...im only about a half hour away from zanesville. what class did you race in?

bah1491
12-19-2006, 10:15 PM
ive been waiting to turn 16, but i will probably run a C class

bah1491
12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
THANK YOU BRIAR CLIFF!!!

Yes. We are running Quad A/B/C, Women, 30+, 400/440 cc, 50 stk, 70 mod, 90 mod, and youth 12-15 (blaster/300). I'm also putting in a really kick *** intermediate track for a large majority of these classes. I plan to run all C classes on it (bikes included), and alot of youth classes. The original track will be for all A/B classes. Should be fun!

Thanks,
ADR & Associates, Ltd

Jeremy Osborn

trick250r
12-20-2006, 08:43 AM
whats briar cliff's website... ive never been there before.

bah1491
12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
http://www.briarcliffmx.com

mscottiel
01-02-2007, 12:03 PM
briarcliff mx is getting ready for a great year. they have a great track for practice or racing. the intermediate track will be great because the big track is definately not for beginners. this year there will be holeshot awards for all A/B/C quad classes. A is
$50 per moto and B/C is $25 per moto all sponsored by Rival Motorsports in Thornville, OH. get out and race this year. if quads have a good enough showing there may be a quad only event later in the year too.

www.briarcliffmx.com

ST87
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
not sure how true this is but ive heard that if a race is an ama event and 5 quads show up they have to let you race..... is this statement falsed

RobbRacer
01-02-2007, 09:58 PM
i dont think that is true i know that they say if you have five or more they will let you run but if you have less you may not be guranteed to race thats just from the experience that i have delt with