PDA

View Full Version : rev box

400exInMI
09-18-2002, 01:54 PM
if you pull the oil dran plug for the crank case and remove you left rear tire, you might have the same effect as a wb rev box. I bought one from a friend, I don't like taking the engine that high, if honda wanted me to take it that hihg on a stock motor, then they would have put that rev box on. also i think it made me loose top end, but that could be just me. It junk, buy a stage 1 or 2 cam instead.........:devil

bansheeguy77
09-18-2002, 03:09 PM
well u definately didnt loose top end...the extra rpm give u more top speed....and its only 1000 rpm higher...of course dont go out hitting it all the time thats not what its designed for...basically its for racing and stuff and u might over rev it or something....its not meant to be o lets see how many times we can hit the rev limiter.

out4sand
09-18-2002, 03:24 PM
I know that in the sand it made a huge difference on our 400ex when all it had was bolt on goodies. The extra 1000 rpm helps more then you know in many of the hill climbs. You'd be amazed at how much you'd hit the limiter before adding the aftermarket one. You can sit at the bottom and can tell who has one and who doesn't just by how the bike sounds when it's going up the hill.

www.out4sand.com