PDA

View Full Version : Any One Else Leak Oil Where You Check It

mikesbikes09
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
the litlle glass on my 06 er is leaking a tinytiny bit like not drops just litttttttttle bubbles i baught it used so i have no warrenty i doubt honda will replace it the only way i knwo of to fix it correctly would be buying a whole ne stator cover but no one has a used one i can find anf i know at a honda dealership i will get raped on the cost i was going to pus some gasket sealer around it... any sugestions

lumi
12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
gpt any pics, leaking from top bottom side? pics please cant help you without.

-lumi

mikesbikes09
12-18-2006, 05:34 PM
yes i can get photos it is that small circle glass/plastic whatever it is where you check your oil level it leaks just the slightes bit around the edges on the statort cover side right below where the oil filter is

eganracing
12-18-2006, 05:48 PM
mine leaks a tid bit every once in awhile. i have no idea y but as far as i can tell its so little that im not worried about it.

mikesbikes09
12-18-2006, 05:57 PM
i had the same feelings its so small forget about it but i race xc and im worried during a long race it would crack more i was thinking putting a very small ammoutn of gasket sealer around the edge just for the hell of it

eganracing
12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
that might fix it but idk. try it out and let us know. does it leak when your not riding too?

mikesbikes09
12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
just when riding it for a while

eganracing
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
i think it might have something to do with the metal heating up and expanding or something along those lines because mine only leaks if im riding it hard.

DirtDevilBT
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
y does it seem the 06 has this problem? hell the 06 site is up higher out of the way than the 04/05, hmmm

stumpleg
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
A friend of mine had one that was leaking. He took it back to the dealer while it was still under warrenty and they fixed it. It shouldn't leak at all around there. If it is still under warrenty, I would take it and have it fixed.

KrazyKeith
12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I would get it fixed asap!! I seen a sight glass on an 05 dissapear. The result was not good. By dissapear I mean after the crank bearing seized we noticed the sight glass was gone when we tore it down there was no trace of it.,

DirtDevilBT
12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by KrazyKeith
I would get it fixed asap!! I seen a sight glass on an 05 dissapear. The result was not good. By dissapear I mean after the crank bearing seized we noticed the sight glass was gone when we tore it down there was no trace of it.,

LOL, you mean when the site glass fell out the crank bearing failed right? Since you had a problem, then you saw the site glass missing. Bummer:(