PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

humblesquirel21
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
opinons wanted

i know qhich quad is better questions get asked alot but i was wondering what you guys would do

used 400ex (classic 2004 and later)

used 450r

i dont really leave a quad bone stock for long

since every one is switching to 450s there are 400 parted out in the parts forum like crazy so performance parts wouldnt be hard to come by

but is that for good reason is a good modd 400ex any match for a 450r or should i jsut spend alittle more and get a 450r

which frame handles best

i ride jsut about every terraine possible track trail (i dont go muddin with my sport bikes though) alittle sand

CHEVYZ
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
450r for sure. The EX is great and all, but it has its place. An HRC equiped 450r (06+) will beat a heavily modified 400EX, not to mention superior handling. And yes, I have one of both...or at least one of both LOL.

For someone looking for something cheap to ride on, it doesn't get much better than the EX. For someone who wants to perform at the top, it is gonna take something a bit more.

ricks450
12-18-2006, 03:46 PM
frame are just about the same. my old mans got a 400ex with 450r complete rearend axle,swingarm,brakes everything. complete frontend to upper and lower a-arms bolted right on. now it handles just like 450r. about making the power. put it this way my old man had a 86 suszuki (230) quadsport 4-stroke that would out run every production 4-wheeler on the market on a stock bore. his bike ran 87 mph. the only one that would outrun his bike was the suszuki qaudzilla 500 2-stroke it would pull on him when it hit 6th gear because he ran out of gear. i know it sounds crazy but very true. so if you know some tricks like he does you can smoke majority of them with the 400. i tried to get him to tell me some but he wont. besides i have the 450r and he has the 400 when we race theres not that much differance. it would not take much to get the 400 to out run them. and if your just using the bike for trail riding it doesnt matter all that much. i ride the 400 right now while mine is broke and smoke people on 450's, 700's so its got alot to do with the rider. which im sure you know that. the only thing i dont like about the 450 is that it dont have reverse i do alot of trail riding thow, but it is a race bike. so reverse is more wieght.mod for mod you could out run the 400 with the 450 there no subsitute for cubic inch. but i would rather have my 450 shes going 500 bore now. but prices for 400 and 450's there is a big differance for performance parts.

humblesquirel21
12-18-2006, 04:35 PM
thanx guys that was quite help full i might have a hybryd in the works amazing rolling chassis so ill either drop in 400ex or put 450 in it