PDA

View Full Version : tr90 or xtreme

hanzito
12-18-2006, 12:04 PM
i need a little help. i am loking at seling my sons kfx80 and upgradeing to either a extreme or a trx90 mod. i like the extreme due to price. i have seen it in person but a a little concerend wiht ong term life span. the trx90 in stock form ot a option. but i have been looking into the bolt on dual a arm kits with 300 ex shocks and a wider read axle. this seems like the hot ticket. but i am concerend with hidden costs. and the initial larger cost of the base atv. any one have any input for me. please i want to start this soon. as my sons 80 is up for sale now......

hanzito
12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
ok here is what i have figured out so far.

price:
typhoon 90 2000 out the door
drr 90 2400 plus shipping
trx 90 2500 plus tax

size: peg to seat
typhoon 19inches
drr 22inches (as far as i can tell with talking ot dealers on the phone that carry both.)
trx90 20inches

necessary upgrades to race immediately:

Typhoon - kill switch, 4 speed conversion (free)
drr - tires/wheels, kill switch, shocks (can wait if have to)
trx90 - kill switch, shocks/dual a arm upgrade (between 3 and 700 dollars), rear axle/wheel spacers

future growth for son:
typhoon - he should fit for several more years, starts as two speed then converts to 4 speed. learns to shift for future atv, unproven chassis setup. compnay is new. comes the closest to race ready out of the box. great parts selection from the pitbike world. Local dealer support. needs some work up frontto addresse known issues.

drr - no shifter (negative), twostroke positive, dont know if son can fit on it now, spendy
considering you still have to put shocks on it and tires. no local dealers that i know of.

TRX90 - best platform for future growth and upgradeability. future upgrades allmost limitless all the way to adult atvs. most exspensive. parts cheap and easy to get. made by the big four. not a off brand import. 4 speed trans

I place them like this.
1. typhoon, for price and seems like the best package to start with. donw the road unknown.
2. trx90, future growth and upgradeability is incredible, but cost is a factor
3. DRR, price is high, no local dealer(that i know of) havent seen or touched, no shifter

what are yalls thoughts

ibthegator
12-22-2006, 06:55 AM
My kids both have trx 90's and all I can tell you is that these things run forever.
We don't race on a track but we do very agressive trail riding in Pennsylvania and it is rocky terrain for the most part.
I mean rocks, not just throwing size but basketball size.
These bikes take a pounding and hold up well.
As you know the aftermarket for the trx are endless and may cost more but I think in the endrun it is actually better cost affective.
If you get the trx you should highly consider getting rid of the stock rear tires and go with razr mx's. They make the bike much easier to power slide thru turns without the tippiness of the balloon stock tires.

Personally I am tired of 2 strokes, I know for racing they may be better but since I got rid of the 2 strokers I haven't had to do a top end in 2 years.

JBacon
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
You really cant go wrong with a Honda. Look at some of them now from the '80s. You got the 250R's, the little Fourtrax 70, and many others that Im just to lazy to list. They'll for sure last longer than most of the other Chinese ones and other non' japanese ones. Thats my 2 cents worth. :D ;) :D

Needmorehp
01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
They will be around long after the others have gone, and still a tons of goodies to hop them up.

xrjamie
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by JBacon
You really cant go wrong with a Honda. Look at some of them now from the '80s. You got the 250R's, the little Fourtrax 70, and many others that Im just to lazy to list. They'll for sure last longer than most of the other Chinese ones and other non' japanese ones. Thats my 2 cents worth. :D ;) :D
the fortrax 70s owuld run for ever i had 1 for like 3 years and my sister and my brothers had it and it has been rolled down hills jumped rolled on pavment catwalked drove wide open all the time and nothing ever happened to it oh it was ran into a bus a post and you name it its still running its a 1986 and all it needed so far was a few spark plugs and rear fenders haha