PDA

View Full Version : 450r Motor in 250r Chassis

KRMit
12-18-2006, 11:51 AM
A buddy of mine has a TRX450r and a 250r. He's fed up with 2 strokes and wants to build a hybrid. From what I've seen online it takes a lot of work to use the stock 250r frame, so he's thinking about going with an aftermarket chassis. Lonestar seems to be about the only company that can provide this.

Does anyone have any for sale or know of anywhere else to shop for one? Thanks!

250x_kyle
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
walsh, houser, prp, and lsr has them posibly leager also. and i would go wiht a 450 dirt bike motor for a hybrid quad u can buy the frames already set up for the motor of choice. it all depends on the money u want to spend

vet_ltz
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
walsh, houser, prp, and lsr has them posibly leager also. and i would go wiht a 450 dirt bike motor for a hybrid quad u can buy the frames already set up for the motor of choice. it all depends on the money u want to spend

Exactly what 250x_kyle said.

eganracing
12-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

can u ball park a price?

vet_ltz
12-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
can u ball park a price?

Lots of variances, You can buy used for apprx 7k. or you can go buy all new and sink 20 k into one.
It all depends how fat your wallet is or what you want

KRMit
12-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Browsing around on the different forums including this one we've found a few complete bikes we're looking at. That would actually make more since than gutting both the bikes he has now considering a new chassis costs about as much as a complete used hybrid.