PDA

View Full Version : z400 iding problem

tom400ex
12-18-2006, 07:22 AM
i have an 03 z400 and I haven't started it in a few weeks. so yesterday I fired it up and it would start with the choke on and then i would turn the choke off and it would run and then die. This bike I feel has always idiled low so it turned up the idle on it and see if it would run better and it did not. so it would start back up with the choke on and then die if i turned it off. so I kept adjusting the idle and now I'm lost in were it should be. now if I start it with the choke it sould like its reving really high. its kinda scary i sounds like its gonna blow. so i tuned it down and the it won't run.

any suggestions on what to do? I'm lost in how to find the good idle point. is my carb just gunked up.

Villageidiott23
12-18-2006, 08:32 AM
ya mite get more help in the z thread but its possible the carb could be gunked up or maybe. a float is sticking, just to be sure take it off and clean it out real good and give it another try. have you tried starting it on PRIME.??? i use the choke on half and start it on prime then turn it to on, leave the choke on till it warms up real good. them bikes are cold blooded. and do not give it gas while trying to start it...

tom400ex
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM
would anybody know how to get the idle screw back to the factory setting?