PDA

View Full Version : need help bad!!!

jokester
12-17-2006, 10:17 PM
ok so I was out riding today with a few of my buddies and it was getting somewhat dark so I turned on my headlights and I noticed that they weren't working like they normally do. they were like flickering dull then got brighter and so on. I didn't really think too much of it, but about 15min later I shut off my quad. When I went to push the starter button to fire it up it just made this sort of clicking buzzing sound that was coming from my sylinoid (spelling) and I couldn't get it started back up besides pop starting..so does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong with it?? any help would be grealy appreciated!!

flattrack440ex
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
check the fuses same thing happened on my buddy's ex and thats what it turned out to be

GPracer2500
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Could be a bad battery.

jokester
12-17-2006, 11:40 PM
well I'm gonna check it out tomorrow when its light out, and I'll let you know whats wrong with it if I can figure it out, but I'll check the fuses and I'll see if the battery is holding a charge or not too...

humblesquirel21
12-18-2006, 04:23 AM
my 300 did the same thing sort of id ride it for awhile then the battery would die and the quad qould stall id push it back fuss with it then id run again and long story short a wire for my stator had gone bad and i needed to replace its connection its been so long now i dont rember which wire it was but check your wires

JOEX
12-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Check all the connections around the battery and solenoid first. Clean and tighten everything. If there's intermittant electrical power then I doubt it's the fuse, more likely a loose or corroded wire/connection.

If that doesn't help then check the battery...

79400ex
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Sound like a bad connection at the battery. I have had this happen.

miller 55
12-18-2006, 08:10 PM
That deff. sounds like a battery problem to me and like some other guys have said it also could be a bad fuse. hope you figure it out so you can ride. best of luck.

jokester
12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
well I went out today and started with checking for corroaded(spelling) wires, and I found one that hooked to the sylinoid that had a bunch of corrosion on it. So I cleaned it all up, and it still didn't fire up so I checked my battery connections and where the positive lead connects to battery was loose. tightend it back up, hit the starter button and it fired right up!! so I'm happy thats all that was wrong with it!! thank you for all the replies.

Jgoad2
12-19-2006, 04:39 PM
yeah i had the same thing happen to me... the ground wire came loose, tightned it back up and it was ok.. i was so glad i didnt have to spend any money.. i always keep an eye on that now.. have fun riding....

hondaracer57
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
bad battery or loose conection if the fuse blew the quad wouldnt run at all